Ohio Speaker Of The House...Concerns With OHSAA Ticket Situation...Bill Introduced

radiodavel
JV Team

Ohio Speaker Of The House...Concerns With OHSAA Ticket Situation...Bill Introduced

Post by radiodavel »

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2023 ... introduced

TigerBob
All Conference

Re: Ohio Speaker Of The House...Concerns With OHSAA Ticket Situation...Bill Introduced

Post by TigerBob »

Good

Bird Dog
All Conference

Re: Ohio Speaker Of The House...Concerns With OHSAA Ticket Situation...Bill Introduced

Post by Bird Dog »

OHSAA are crooks, but the last thing we need is the biggest crook involved.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Something needs done, 12 bucks in advance and 15 at the game that's bull for a HS football game. Probably a big reason as some games I seen being streamed weren't very crowded. I'm talking the home side with less fans in the stands than on the field type of stuff.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be 10 dollars at the gate. $15 is ridiculous

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Needs to be a student price that’s a real price. $10 for adults at gate or online is a lot, but acceptable. $15 for students is pathetic.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

$10 tops for adults, at the gate or online.

$5 tops for the students at the gate or online.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Seems like our legislature folks would have more important problems to deal with.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

BJCassady wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:07 pm $10 tops for adults, at the gate or online.

$5 tops for the students at the gate or online.
, the distance alone

I agree with you. The game that I attended, I didn't think that the visiting team would bring that many followers, the distance alone being a big factor. The home side was also a lot smaller, which is not usually the case.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

hbk1999 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:12 pm Seems like our legislature folks would have more important problems to deal with.
They work for us-so I think it is great they look in to this.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Prices will go up again after this weeks games.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

alabama mike wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:13 pm Prices will go up again after this weeks games.
Prices will stay the same until state semi finals

Bagger Vance
Riding the Bench

Post by Bagger Vance »

Went down for Trimble's 2nd round game at Northmor

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I don’t like the government getting involved in this kind of stuff

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:08 pm I don’t like the government getting involved in this kind of stuff
I don't like government much either--but this is something that should of been looked at. The ticket prices affect families

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:08 pm I don’t like the government getting involved in this kind of stuff
If they don't, who's going to step in and get this changed? The OH$AA currently has 18 MILLION DOLLARS in the bank and they claim to be a non-profit organization. It is a travesty how much money it takes for a family to go watch their kid play. $10 should be the max and $5 for the students.

They are money hungry scum that need to be stopped.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Looks like something worked. They did lower ticket prices at the gate too $12 which is still too much.

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Post by luvtlm »

The very last thing we need is the government being involved in this. We have enough governmental interference in our lives as it is.
We have a politician trying to buy votes on a hot topic is what the introduction of this bill is about.
The schools need to "go on strike" against the OHSAA, simply let everyone in free, and report zero attendance until ticket prices drop on all ohsaa owned events.

UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

I like the idea of letting everyone in free until the prices are changed. They may take notice then but im sure thats not going to happen

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

luvtlm wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:28 am The very last thing we need is the government being involved in this. We have enough governmental interference in our lives as it is.
We have a politician trying to buy votes on a hot topic is what the introduction of this bill is about.
The schools need to "go on strike" against the OHSAA, simply let everyone in free, and report zero attendance until ticket prices drop on all ohsaa owned events.

I like that thought but what schools are going to have gonads to do that. You would have to get more than a handful of schools to be on board for it to work.

Also, would love to see schools reject some of these playing locations. It's obvious that the OH$AA is taking care of some buddies and scheduling games at schools that in no way should be hosting. The good 'Ol boy club needs to stop. The OH$AA should take in consideration the travel for the players and everyone going to the game.

Return to “Football”