September 15, 2023 Fort Frye 16 - 7 Warren

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

September 15, 2023 Fort Frye 16 - 7 Warren

Post by EasternDspy »

Who wins this TSL matchup

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Re: WK 5: Warren (1-3) @ Fort Frye (4-0)

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:53 pm Who wins this TSL matchup
Bet the house Charlie!

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Could get ugly

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I don’t think it will be as bad as last season. I think it could be competitive for a little bit.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:19 am I don’t think it will be as bad as last season. I think it could be competitive for a little bit.
You might want to watch film of the Fairfield Union game?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:29 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:19 am I don’t think it will be as bad as last season. I think it could be competitive for a little bit.
You might want to watch film of the Fairfield Union game?
Last year it was like 52-6 at half.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Cadets by 4 TDs

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye running attack is getting better every week.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Until the Warren boys start playing for each other and get some dawg in them they’re not gonna get another win …

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:08 pm Until the Warren boys start playing for each other and get some dawg in them they’re not gonna get another win …
Maybe their coach should look in the student section and across the river. #additionbysubtraction

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Last week vs Bishop Tonnos

Clayton Miller 221 yards rushing 61 rec 2 Tds

Bryndan Riddle 136 rushing 44 Rec 3 total Tds

Ross Schulthies had around 85 and Td.

444 yards rushing for 3 players ain’t bad.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeftHandedCoach
Waterboy

Post by LeftHandedCoach »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:08 pm Until the Warren boys start playing for each other and get some dawg in them they’re not gonna get another win …
The best advice I have for you is to just enjoy your son playing football as a sophomore. You’re a direct reflection of him, and he’s a good kid and a good football player. Warren will not lose out but yeah they are far from perfect. They certainly have several winnable games remaining so you’re wrong there.
At the end of the day anyone who actually believed losing the players they did would actually benefit them immediately was blinded to reality. Warren may benefit from this in a few years but playing JV aged kids at the varsity level doesn’t translate to consistent W’s. That’s not a knock on anyone that’s not a JR or SR but age, size and experience matters at some point and Warren lacks that in several positions at the moment.
Warren will be improved next year 100% and the year after but right now it’s a transition still. I wish nothing but the best to the Warriors and do see them improving but with the depth being so limited right now it’s hard to win close games gassed.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

LeftHandedCoach wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:15 pm
The best advice I have for you is to just enjoy your son playing football as a sophomore. You’re a direct reflection of him, and he’s a good kid and a good football player. Warren will not lose out but yeah they are far from perfect. They certainly have several winnable games remaining so you’re wrong there.
At the end of the day anyone who actually believed losing the players they did would actually benefit them immediately was blinded to reality. Warren may benefit from this in a few years but playing JV aged kids at the varsity level doesn’t translate to consistent W’s. That’s not a knock on anyone that’s not a JR or SR but age, size and experience matters at some point and Warren lacks that in several positions at the moment.
Warren will be improved next year 100% and the year after but right now it’s a transition still. I wish nothing but the best to the Warriors and do see them improving but with the depth being so limited right now it’s hard to win close games gassed.
I’m saying they’re not playing as a unit there is not one leader I see on that field !! They need a vocal leader on that team a guy that keeps the boys fired up when they’re down ! Someone with some dawg in them !

LeftHandedCoach
Waterboy

Post by LeftHandedCoach »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:53 pm
LeftHandedCoach wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:15 pm
I’m saying they’re not playing as a unit there is not one leader I see on that field !! They need a vocal leader on that team a guy that keeps the boys fired up when they’re down ! Someone with some dawg in them !
#8 who played QB last year was a good leader.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:53 am
Maybe their coach should look in the student section and across the river. #additionbysubtraction
I'm starting to see some idiotic posts about the players who didn't play. How about we focus on the ones who did play? I got news for you... even if our starting QB last year, and our 1,000 yard running back had both played, our record would still be the same. Our issues are not at those positions. Our issues are in the trenches. Not physical enough. And not enough depth up front either.

Sealey has put up better numbers this year, anyway.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:09 pm
I'm starting to see some idiotic posts about the players who didn't play. How about we focus on the ones who did play? I got news for you... even if our starting QB last year, and our 1,000 yard running back had both played, our record would still be the same. Our issues are not at those positions. Our issues are in the trenches. Not physical enough. And not enough depth up front either.

Offensive Line is one of the strengths of Fort Frye

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

If their record would be the same with the players who left with the players still there, then I’d say the problem is standing on the sidelines with a headset on.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

The Fort with the running clock. Get the JV’s warmed up to play the whole second half.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:11 pm

If their record would be the same with the players who left with the players still there, then I’d say the problem is standing on the sidelines with a headset on.
I don't care if Mike Devol, Matt Kimes, Martin Santini, or Jon Bolen are coaching. The problem is the offensive and defensive lines. They players make the difference. The coaches can't make them block. Warren has to get more physical, or FF is going to Boat race them. And so will most of the other teams on their schedule

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Bucknuts88 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:16 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:11 pm

I don't care if Mike Devol, Matt Kimes, Martin Santini, or Jon Bolen are coaching. The problem is the offensive and defensive lines. They players make the difference. The coaches can't make them block. Warren has to get more physical, or FF is going to Boat race them. And so will most of the other teams on their schedule
So what you’re sayin is the offensive and defensive line coaches aren’t doing their jobs? I believe the new coach got rid of the last line coach to take the Warriors to the playoffs? Fort better get the boat warmed up!

Return to “Football”