Wheelersburg 2023

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:03 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:31 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:43 am

Except for the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY they hoisted in 2017.

As for Ironton, doing less with more since 1989.
So what ya saying is lil burg hasn't seen a title game in 6 years and counting and have only made it out of their region 3 times in almost 2 decades.

#lilsis💅
No, what I’m saying is that Ironton has not won a title game in nearly 34 years!!!
It really just looks like the old staff at lil burg is flat out just getting OUTWORKED and OUTPERFORMED by the young ambitous staff at Ironton. On and off the field. Ehh I guess all that superior coaching and culture don't quite measure up without the ambition and hustle behind it. Burgs sidelines are not getting any younger. Could be the desire to keep up is fading. 💯😂

#lilsis💅

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:12 am
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:31 pm

So what ya saying is lil burg hasn't seen a title game in 6 years and counting and have only made it out of their region 3 times in almost 2 decades.

#lilsis💅
No, what I’m saying is that Ironton has not won a title game in nearly 34 years!!!
It really just looks like the old staff at lil burg is flat out just getting OUTWORKED and OUTPERFORMED by the young ambitous staff at Ironton. On and off the field. Ehh I guess all that superior coaching and culture don't quite measure up without the ambition and hustle behind it. Burgs sidelines are not getting any younger. Could be the desire to keep up is fading. 💯😂

#lilsis💅
Current Burg head coach? State champion in 2017.

Current Ironton head coach? Wasn’t even alive when Ironton last won a state title in 1989.

Maybe you can share your VHS copy of that game with him so he can see what winning a championship at Ironton looks like.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

In terms of Ohio high school football, Ironton is much more historically relevant than burg...not even close.

And - since you burgers are saying that success can ONLY be measured in terms of state titles - this means that no one can ever again brag about conference championships, playoff appearances, regional championships...or anything that falls short of winning the state.

I disagree with you on this, though. Very highly accomplished, successful teams fail to win the state every year. You people type in "1989" as if it's some sort of trump card. As an alum, and a member of one of our championship teams, I'm proud of the regional championships and state runner-up years. Sure, I wish we would have won the state those years. But, getting there is HARD. And we've made it MANY more times than you have.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

LockHerUp wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:53 am In terms of Ohio high school football, Ironton is much more historically relevant than burg...not even close.

And - since you burgers are saying that success can ONLY be measured in terms of state titles - this means that no one can ever again brag about conference championships, playoff appearances, regional championships...or anything that falls short of winning the state.

I disagree with you on this, though. Very highly accomplished, successful teams fail to win the state every year. You people type in "1989" as if it's some sort of trump card. As an alum, and a member of one of our championship teams, I'm proud of the regional championships and state runner-up years. Sure, I wish we would have won the state those years. But, getting there is HARD. And we've made it MANY more times than you have.
So what you are saying is that it’s legit for Ironton fans to talk smack about regional championships and blowout losses in state games, but not legit for Burg fans to point out that the only team to win a state football title in the past 30 years between the two is Burg. Spoken like a true Ironton kool-aid drinker.

As for Ironton being so superior and a state name, that was true 30+ years ago. Ironton was truly a stud program in the 70’s and 80’s, even early 90’s. But those days are long gone. It’s so far gone that Ironton has to count on transfers from the tri-state area schools to keep their program competitive. Without those “transfers”, Ironton wouldn’t even have their recent regional titles to brag about.

Pendleton knows this, all fans from other schools in the area know this. Even some Ironton fans admit to this. But the kool-aid drinkers think this is still the Ironton glory days of old.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

I stand by everything I said. You refuted NOTHING from my post. Winning the state is not the only measure of success. And how many burg teams would've been as successful were it not for kids from South Webster, Green, Portsmouth, Ironton, Ashland, etc. ?
Transfers have indeed helped. But, we've sent born-n-bred Ironton kids to Ohio State, Miami, Cincinnati, and smaller schools the last few years. Without the transfers, we'd still be the best in SEO.
And your 2017 title run was probably the easiest string of playoff games any team has had this century.
*2017 State champs. Notice the asterisk...

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

LockHerUp wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:31 pm I stand by everything I said. You refuted NOTHING from my post. Winning the state is not the only measure of success. And how many burg teams would've been as successful were it not for kids from South Webster, Green, Portsmouth, Ironton, Ashland, etc. ?
Transfers have indeed helped. But, we've sent born-n-bred Ironton kids to Ohio State, Miami, Cincinnati, and smaller schools the last few years. Without the transfers, we'd still be the best in SEO.
And your 2017 title run was probably the easiest string of playoff games any team has had this century.
Let’s compare the last two years:
- Keyes 3 years
- Perkins 2 years
- Felder 1 year
- Pittman 2 year
- Ashland QB 2 year
- Notre Dame RB 1 year
* Burg has one coming in this year. That’s it!

That’s more high school transfers than Burg has had in 20+ years! Hell, Burg won state with one transfer! One!! Ironton success depends on transfers, Burg’s success depends on development.

Btw, the only reason you don’t consider winning the state the ultimate measure of success is because Ironton has not been able to do it in over 30 years despite the most talent of any school in division 5! Seriously, how many D1 athletes does it take for Ironton to win a state title?

Burg softball just repeated as state champs. Do you think that team would have considered a regional title a “success”? No. The team had the talent, the coaching, and were ranked #1 in the state. Anything short of a state title would have been disappointing.

If a team has the talent and coaching to win state, that’s exactly what the expectations should be! Obviously the Ironton kool-aid drinkers don’t believe that. They are okay “doing less with more”.

And as for your asterisk for the 2017 state title? Just Ironton making excuses once again. Always excuses for why others win, and why Ironton loses. 🤦‍♂️

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:53 am

#lilsis💅

Current Ironton head coach? Wasn’t even alive when Ironton last won a state title in 1989.

Maybe you can share your VHS copy of that game with him so he can see what winning a championship at Ironton looks like.

2017? Fumes of nostalgia. 😂

#lilsis💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:13 pm
LockHerUp wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:31 pm I stand by everything I said. You refuted NOTHING from my post. Winning the state is not the only measure of success. And how many burg teams would've been as successful were it not for kids from South Webster, Green, Portsmouth, Ironton, Ashland, etc. ?
Let’s compare the last two years:
- Keyes 3 years
- Perkins 2 years
- Felder 1 year
- Pittman 2 year
- Ashland QB 2 year
- Notre Dame RB 1 year
* Burg has one coming in this year. That’s it!

That’s more high school transfers than Burg has had in 20+ years! Hell, Burg won state with one transfer! One!! Ironton success depends on transfers, Burg’s success depends on development.

Btw, the only reason you don’t consider winning the state the ultimate measure of success is because Ironton has not been able to do it in over 30 years despite the most talent of any school in division 5! Seriously, how many D1 athletes does it take for Ironton to win a state title?

Burg softball just repeated as state champs. Do you think that team would have considered a regional title a “success”? No. The team had the talent, the coaching, and were ranked #1 in the state. Anything short of a state title would have been disappointing.

If a team has the talent and coaching to win state, that’s exactly what the expectations should be! Obviously the Ironton kool-aid drinkers don’t believe that. They are okay “doing less with more”.

And as for your asterisk for the 2017 state title? Just Ironton making excuses once again. Always excuses for why others win, and why Ironton loses. 🤦‍♂️
"Burg success depends on developement"

Pov: Me knowing burgs only made it out of their region 3 times in 2 and a half decades.=;😂😂😂

The developers ain't developin eh? lmao!!! 😂😂

#lilsis💅
Last edited by BTWNTHE__ on Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

#lilsis💅

Maybe lil burgs "head" man can watch Ironton beat portsmouth west and Prep again and see what it feels like to beat a regional contender. 😂

#lilsis💅

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:13 pm

#lilsis💅

#lilsis💅
If 2017 is fumes of nostalgia, what does not winning a state title since 1989 feel like? You don’t even have fumes…

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:34 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:13 pm

#lilsis💅
If 2017 is fumes of nostalgia, what does not winning a state title since 1989 feel like? You don’t even have fumes…
Midwest all stars outta fumes. Hell, cousin Eddie in Christmas vacation at least had enough fumes to coast into town.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:26 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:13 pm .

#lilsis💅
Midwest all stars outta fumes. Hell, cousin Eddie in Christmas vacation at least had enough fumes to coast into town.
Better win it all this year...again. No excuses. 1989.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:13 pm .

#lilsis💅
LMAO!! Always appreciate a Christmas Vacation reference.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Name me these "Superstars" you talk about from the schools you mentioned above. Sure, there might have been a kid or two come in but never SIX to SEVEN in one season that totally changed your team. Burg still wins without that "one" player coming in. Ironton is mediocre at best without all the players they got in each year.

Let's see, Burg's 2017 title run. Ironton might have beat Ready. Columbus Academy would have waxed you. Johnstown Monroe would have waxed you. Middletown Madison would have stomped you and Pemeberville Eastwood would have annihilated you. Just because there was no Coldwater or Kirtland, who I believe Burg would have beaten either that year doesn't mean Burg didn't have a tough road. Keep drinking that koolaid brother and maybe one day it will unfog that brain of yours.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Can we actually talk about the game and not the other 💩 that no one cares about.

Who is considered the favorite this year?

Where is the game?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:32 am Can we actually talk about the game and not the other 💩 that no one cares about.

Who is considered the favorite this year?

Where is the game?
Game is at Ironton, and Ironton will be favored to win. Especially since this is Pendleton’s best team according to Ironton fans on this site.

Burg starting QB is a sophomore; talented but will need some time to grow into the role. At the Tank is a tough place to make his first start.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

yabba, that was an irrational post. Just about any Ironton team the last few years would have walked through that string of playoff games. You played NOT ONE traditional state power - not one. And no way you beat a solid MAC school that year or Kirtland.
And you burgers are so arrogant and delusional. You've had virtually countless kids from surrounding districts play for you. Don't give the stupid argument about moving in younger or whatever. They have not been burg kids from burg families.
"Mediocre at best" with all that Ironton talent ?? When's the last time burg had any D1 talent? Ironton simply produces more home-grown football talent than burg - and probably always will. We'd be more than fine without the transfers - although, obviously, they help.
This year... The quality burg staff and typical burg effort will make the game competitive for a while. I think Ironton slowly pulls away.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:22 am

Name me these "Superstars" you talk about from the schools you mentioned above. Sure, there might have been a kid or two come in but never SIX to SEVEN in one season that totally changed your team. Burg still wins without that "one" player coming in. Ironton is mediocre at best without all the players they got in each year.

Let's see, Burg's 2017 title run. Ironton might have beat Ready. Columbus Academy would have waxed you. Johnstown Monroe would have waxed you. Middletown Madison would have stomped you and Pemeberville Eastwood would have annihilated you. Just because there was no Coldwater or Kirtland, who I believe Burg would have beaten either that year doesn't mean Burg didn't have a tough road. Keep drinking that koolaid brother and maybe one day it will unfog that brain of yours.
You have made it outta the region 3 times in over 2 decades. You are fairland in Ironton colors. 😂

#lilsis💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

packers80 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:27 pm

Better win it all this year...again. No excuses. 1989.
Better work on tryin to win ya conference this year. 😂😂 Don't lose it and then watch Ironton WHIP your conference DADDY again. #lilsis 💅😂

#lilsis💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

LockHerUp wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:28 pm yabba, that was an irrational post. Just about any Ironton team the last few years would have walked through that string of playoff games. You played NOT ONE traditional state power - not one. And no way you beat a solid MAC school that year or Kirtland.
And you burgers are so arrogant and delusional. You've had virtually countless kids from surrounding districts play for you. Don't give the stupid argument about moving in younger or whatever. They have not been burg kids from burg families.
"Mediocre at best" with all that Ironton talent ?? When's the last time burg had any D1 talent? Ironton simply produces more home-grown football talent than burg - and probably always will. We'd be more than fine without the transfers - although, obviously, they help.
This year... The quality burg staff and typical burg effort will make the game competitive for a while. I think Ironton slowly pulls away.
Ironton produces better student atheletes PERIOD.

Far as football goes. Burg had a few good years during transition at Ironton.

Besides that = yawn.

Only been out their region 3 times in over 2 decades.
This past season lost to EVERY regional RANKED contender on their schedule - Lost to Jackson - lost their conference AND then got SPANKED by Prep again. Staff is not getting any younger. And aside from a state title Ironton has simply produced more consistently on and off the field HISTORICALLY as well as PRESENTLY.

lil burg got to play FILL IN while Ironton was down per transition - for this area. Was just a bonus that scioto county Jan Brady had same color dress to wear. 😂

Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow, ...Burg = #lilsis💅💯

Return to “Football”