Belpre football

Gray Cat
Varsity

Re: Belpre football

Post by Gray Cat »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:50 pm
Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:45 am Belpre should immediately start having success. Word is they have 50 players showing interest and that doesn’t count the one’s planning to move in from other area schools. With that many players and the coach that was leading the Fort Frye program at the helm they should become an immediate contender.
Been hearing about players from Warren, PHS and South are heading to Belpre. Is Welch really that good of a recruiter? He was an awful coach when he was at Eastern. Has he improved that much since then? Seriously curious.
I don’t know this Walsh fella but if he was as good as advertised he wouldn’t be at Belpre. I did hear from Timmy, who knows him well, that he’s pretty old. No matter about him though because the players at Belpre know the score. When they see those red helmets of the Tomcats they know to lay down and take the inevitable steam rolling. They couldn’t even score on us last year and that was the worst team Phil’s ever had. So when these “recruits” come in, if that’s for real, they’ll be informed by the Belpre kids that it’s best to just roll over and take it. Save yourself for the next game. That you can take to the bank.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:45 am Belpre should immediately start having success. Word is they have 50 players showing interest and that doesn’t count the one’s planning to move in from other area schools. With that many players and the coach that was leading the Fort Frye program at the helm they should become an immediate contender.
Been hearing about players from Warren, PHS and South are heading to Belpre. Is Welch really that good of a recruiter? He was an awful coach when he was at Eastern. Has he improved that much since then? Seriously curious.
Now that’s funny stuff.

Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Post by Harvey Wells »

Belpre should move back up to the Ohio. They are the biggest school in the hocking. If they plan on thumping the jv TVC, they need to come back up to the big boy division.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

chrishilton91 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:40 pm
Now that’s funny stuff.
This intel is coming from the top. Take it for what it’s worth.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:08 pm

Now that’s funny stuff.
Who's the top??

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:46 am
thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:08 pm

Now that’s funny stuff.
Who's the top??
Top dog. HC. It’s in that vein.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Belpre actually posted last night's agenda on their website but no girls basketball coach hired. So now gotta wait another month, wow. But they AD got some Warren people hired as assistant football coaches and even a relative lol. Should Belpre change their school colors to blue and white. What a joke. But on a positive, the AD showed up to his first softball game at sectional finals, but he didn't know it was was the finals lol.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:11 pm Belpre actually posted last night's agenda on their website but no girls basketball coach hired. So now gotta wait another month, wow. But they AD got some Warren people hired as assistant football coaches and even a relative lol. Should Belpre change their school colors to blue and white. What a joke. But on a positive, the AD showed up to his first softball game at sectional finals, but he didn't know it was was the finals lol.

It just equals out all the Belpre guys on Warren’s staff. They just hired Shriver. Wasn’t he at Belpre a few years back? Pretty sure he’s a grad. Actually Warren should change their colors to orange and black considering all their coaches are Ironton and Belpre guys.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:16 pm
chrishilton91 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:11 pm Belpre actually posted last night's agenda on their website but no girls basketball coach hired. So now gotta wait another month, wow. But they AD got some Warren people hired as assistant football coaches and even a relative lol. Should Belpre change their school colors to blue and white. What a joke. But on a positive, the AD showed up to his first softball game at sectional finals, but he didn't know it was was the finals lol.

It just equals out all the Belpre guys on Warren’s staff. They just hired Shriver. Wasn’t he at Belpre a few years back? Pretty sure he’s a grad. Actually Warren should change their colors to orange and black considering all their coaches are Ironton and Belpre guys.
Shriver is the O Line coach. He’s a former Holder player, I think he was hired as the head coach at belpre between 10-15 years ago. Not sure how long he was there. It is ironic, though, that there isn’t one Warren alum on their staff, and there isn’t a Belpre alum on their staff that I’m aware of.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

The BOE last night hired 3 assistant coaches for football.

David Schaad, previous coaching experience Fort Frye and Warren
Eric Proctor, Warren
Phillip Doan, Fort Frye

Their coaching experience was given via the BOE. I didn't research their resumes.

I was also told that former Belpre Asst coach Jesse Berzonski, who did double duty last year at the varsity and junior high level, will recruit players at the junior high level and be their coach. He did a good job last year for us, especially getting enough players to come out so we could field a junior high team.

There may or may not be additional coaches added later by coach Welsh.

This is a good step towards turning our football program around and I seriously doubt we will be as bad as last year when we only scored 16 points.

I for one wish our previous coaches well and thank them for their time but maybe it is in the best interest of the program to start with fresh faces regardless of where they previously coached.

Hiring coaches that previously coached at Warren seems to be working out for Parkersburg High.

I wish our players and coaching staff a healthy and successful season.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

BJCassady wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:59 pm The BOE last night hired 3 assistant coaches for football.

Eric Proctor, Warren
Phillip Doan, Fort Frye

Their coaching experience was given via the BOE. I didn't research their resumes.

I was also told that former Belpre Asst coach Jesse Berzonski, who did double duty last year at the varsity and junior high level, will recruit players at the junior high level and be their coach. He did a good job last year for us, especially getting enough players to come out so we could field a junior high team.

This is a good step towards turning our football program around and I seriously doubt we will be as bad as last year when we only scored 16 points.

I for one wish our previous coaches well and thank them for their time but maybe it is in the best interest of the program to start with fresh faces regardless of where they previously coached.

Hiring coaches that previously coached at Warren seems to be working out for Parkersburg High.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Not sure what Belpre people at Parkersburg you are talking about. There is only one that I know of and that's the girls basketball coach.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

BJCassady wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:59 pm The BOE last night hired 3 assistant coaches for football.

Eric Proctor, Warren
Phillip Doan, Fort Frye

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
With Walsh taking all these guys from Fort Frye do they have anyone left on their staff? Or are they like Trimble and have 20 “coaches” on the sideline on Friday nights? 😎

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:01 am

Eric Proctor, Warren
Phillip Doan, Fort Frye

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Not sure what Belpre people at Parkersburg you are talking about. There is only one that I know of and that's the girls basketball coach.
I wasn't referring to Belpre folks at Parkersburg but Chris is doing a fine job there. I hated to see he leave Belpre.

I was referring to Warren folks or former Warren coaches having success at Parkersburg.

I don't care where someone went to school or coached previously before coming to Belpre. I just expect them to do their best for our kids while they are here.

Many former Warren players are sons and daughters of Belpre grads. That is just the way it works out.
Last edited by BJCassady on Sun May 21, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

eagle25 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:05 am

Eric Proctor, Warren
Phillip Doan, Fort Frye

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
With Walsh taking all these guys from Fort Frye do they have anyone left on their staff? Or are they like Trimble and have 20 “coaches” on the sideline on Friday nights? 😎
Never heard of David Schaad or Phillip Doan. When did they coach at ff?

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Eric Proctor, Warren
Phillip Doan, Fort Frye

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Who are David schaad and Phillip doan?

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

They did not coach at ff. Schaad at Warren, PHS ,south, Marietta college. Doan at Meadowbrook, cambridge, phs and river local.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

rockcoach wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:10 am They did not coach at ff. Schaad at Warren, PHS ,south, Marietta college. Doan at Meadowbrook, cambridge, phs and river local.
Isn't Shadd like 70 years old lol .

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

rockcoach wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:10 am They did not coach at ff. Schaad at Warren, PHS ,south, Marietta college. Doan at Meadowbrook, cambridge, phs and river local.
Was wondering why the poster listed fort frye as previous experience. Never heard of them

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:36 am
Was wondering why the poster listed fort frye as previous experience. Never heard of them
I listed FF as previous experience because that is what I was told by a BOE member. As I said, I didn't research the resumes

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:43 am
Isn't Shadd like 70 years old lol .
Your point is?

I am sure that you wouldn't have any problems with your former HS coach Ralph Holder being on staff if he was asked and he is well past 70.

Return to “Football”