Any Sept 1st offers of note ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Any Sept 1st offers of note ?

Post by ManitouDan »

New rules allow offers then .. I heard an ACC school was going to offer 1 pitcher and a big ten school another to ( semi) local thrower .

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Areukidinme
Waterboy

Re: Any Sept 1st offers of note ?

Post by Areukidinme »

Only two pitchers locally who have that potential are the girls from Ironton, Lewis County. Ironton supposedly headed to OU. The only true D1 player around here is the Eaton girl from the Burg. The pitcher from West DII at best unless she has improved greatly from the spring.

Let the comments begin.........

Sports fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Sports fanatic »

The Moore girl from Ironton from what I was told had 8 division 1 contact her last year (1 SEC and 1 PAC-12). Ohio University (D1) offered her a full ride and she took it. I was told if she would have waited she would have gotten more but the offers now are low, because the money is tight because of 5th year seniors and the transfer portal. Some girls will take very little money to play, some girls want all the money they can get, depends on what their looking at for their future.

Areukidinme
Waterboy

Post by Areukidinme »

IF the Ironton pitcher got a full ride from OU, how could she have gotten more? As far as the money being tight you are spot on, the 5th year seniors and transfers are creating financial issues for the new girls. I commend all of the girls who just want to play, right now college costs a small fortune, parents need all the assistance they can get. Hopefully, a little return on all the money they spent chasing their daughters dream to play college softball.

Sports fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Sports fanatic »

Areukidinme wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:44 am IF the Ironton pitcher got a full ride from OU, how could she have gotten more? As far as the money being tight you are spot on, the 5th year seniors and transfers are creating financial issues for the new girls. I commend all of the girls who just want to play, right now college costs a small fortune, parents need all the assistance they can get. Hopefully, a little return on all the money they spent chasing their daughters dream to play college softball.
Sorry I should have said more offers on that sentence from what I wrote I understand the confusion. Here it is the schools that were talking to her flat out said we can’t match that offer. So again she had a choice money or go to a bigger school with debt after she graduates. I was told anybody who knows her, would have bet on her going for being debt free after graduation. You said if she got a full ride. I was told to look at her Twitter account so I did and there it was her saying a full ride to OU. The OU coaches liked it so the person who told me this was spot on. I hope all these girls dreams come true the sad part is Covid, portal transfer and 5th senior have hurt these young ladies and their parents pockets and there future pockets. I do like it that at least this young lady and the young lady from wheelersburg is putting southern Ohio softball on the map for the future softball players.

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsnutscioto »

Observations alone is there is DI talent in this region and around this county and surrounding. Now, Power 5 conference talent is limited. But smaller DI talent is here. Is it better to commit to a DI (or DII) school with a 40-50% scholarship offer or look at an NAIA school with money stacked to where you’re maybe getting 80-100% paid for or perhaps putting money in your pocket? I think it’s all about perspective.

I can think of a couple pitchers that have small DI potential, a couple middle infielders (I believe the from Wellston committed to DI) and a first baseman. However COVID changed the game and the 2022’s (and 2021’s last year) got hit with current college players taking that extra year of eligibility and limiting roster spots and money. The other game changer is the portal. Players are changing college teams at the same rate many of them changed travel teams. Coaches now recruit the portal along with travel orgs.

Good luck to all those pursing the dream.

Sports fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Sports fanatic »

Power 5 is based on football not softball in my opinion. Is Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Penn State a power 5 softball program by title yes, but when have you seen them in regional tournaments.For me in softball it’s about the individual program like Alabama, UCLA for example. You are right it’s all about the persons perspective. Do you want to go to a school who’s deemed a power 5 and go into large amount of debt or do you want the money.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Not only money but my daughter for example could have went to a smaller D1 and maybe not even played her freshman or sophomore years and maybe just been a DH. She wasn’t interested in that at all. The point for her was to play ball, she didn’t care about impressing anyone with that D1 commitment.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Saw where Eaton from Burg committed to Virginia , thats big time for sure

BackTap
Riding the Bench

Post by BackTap »

Areukidinme wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:46 am Only two pitchers locally who have that potential are the girls from Ironton, Lewis County. Ironton supposedly headed to OU. The only true D1 player around here is the Eaton girl from the Burg. The pitcher from West DII at best unless she has improved greatly from the spring.

Let the comments begin.........
West pitcher also known as Sydney McDermott, is getting serious looks from pretty good programs at the D1 level.
Gwen Sparks from Notre Dame imo is legit, kid can sling it.
Andi Jo Howard should be on the radar too. Girl can hit!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Lewis Co girl , Jr , P Emily Cole , Verbal to Marshall . Good fit , she should be able to make an impact and play there for sure .

Areukidinme
Waterboy

Post by Areukidinme »

Not surprised, congrats to the young lady.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Pitcher from west commit/verbal yet ?

Areukidinme
Waterboy

Post by Areukidinme »

Been away on assignment, rumor has it the young lady from West (pitcher) has committed to Valparaiso University. I watched her pitch this summer, I believe this is a good landing spot for her. Congrats and Good Luck (if the rumor is true).

SoftballAlways
Waterboy

Post by SoftballAlways »

She did announce a commitment to Valpo…the Quickle kid from Leesburg Fairfield did as well.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

moore from ironton at Ohio U? look forward to see how she does there. what about the pitcher from wburg? she a senior now?

SoftballAlways
Waterboy

Post by SoftballAlways »

No…Howard is a Junior this year.

Return to “Softball”