Eastern Meigs 27 - 14 Trimble 2022

Bagger Vance
Riding the Bench

Re: WEEK 7 Trimble @ EASTERN

Post by Bagger Vance »

Lakers23 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:46 pm Down right ugly worst coaching ever.Time to give it up.
Only football team in America when a pass play is called there is 1 option and 1 option only. The hell with having multiple routes ran and teaching a QB to go through progressions. And that's not just a this year thing, it's been that way forever, Trimble just usually has the athletes to make it work. The success over the years has been because trimble just had better athletes, if it comes down to equal talent X's and O's is gonna prevail on the other teams side

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Re: Eastern Meigs 27 - 14 Trimble 2022

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Bareassed them. I told you. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

efarns wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:39 pm
Muffler wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:15 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:53 pm

I sure hope you are right about the "new additions" because after tonight I have to become a Thimble fan against Waterturd. :mrgreen:
I've never seen so many grown adults get upset fighting for second place lmao
Truest post on the thread
Yes because 2nd place is where Waterturd prefers to be.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Bagger Vance wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:21 pm
Lakers23 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:46 pm Down right ugly worst coaching ever.Time to give it up.
Only football team in America when a pass play is called there is 1 option and 1 option only. The hell with having multiple routes ran and teaching a QB to go through progressions. And that's not just a this year thing, it's been that way forever, Trimble just usually has the athletes to make it work. The success over the years has been because trimble just had better athletes, if it comes down to equal talent X's and O's is gonna prevail on the other teams side
No one could say any better than that.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I find it amusing that after decades of success and the building of a dynasty at Trimble...suddenly Phil has forgotten how to coach according to some on here.
Get a grip.
I'll leave you with the words of Barry Switzer, "It ain't the X's and O's, it's the Jimmys and Joes."

Greencat
Waterboy

Post by Greencat »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:41 am Bareassed them. I told you. :mrgreen:
Didn't bare-ass them as much as Waterford did to you.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

What is the all time series record between these teams? Eastern couldn’t have won more than a few games at most. Every school has a down year once in awhile.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

fortdawg wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:17 am I find it amusing that after decades of success and the building of a dynasty at Trimble...suddenly Phil has forgotten how to coach according to some on here.
Get a grip.
I'll leave you with the words of Barry Switzer, "It ain't the X's and O's, it's the Jimmys and Joes."
So you and Barry agree that it wasn’t Phil’s coaching that made them successful. That’s what we said, it was that he had more talent. Thanks for the confirmation.

Tomcat22
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat22 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:42 am
fortdawg wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:17 am I find it amusing that after decades of success and the building of a dynasty at Trimble...suddenly Phil has forgotten how to coach according to some on here.
Get a grip.
So you and Barry agree that it wasn’t Phil’s coaching that made them successful. That’s what we said, it was that he had more talent. Thanks for the confirmation.
So true!

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Get a grip.
You amuse me also, the part where I said he built a dynasty just sort of flew past you didn't it? :)
Hey, Eastern is having a great year for them.
Enjoy it, which can be done without running other programs down...especially programs you beat every decade or two. :)

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

fortdawg wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:17 am
Get a grip.
You amuse me also, the part where I said he built a dynasty just sort of flew past you didn't it? :)
Enjoy it, which can be done without running other programs down...especially programs you beat every decade or two. :)

i see where you are going with all of this FartDawg. Like you, I fiond Phil to be a BIG sexy handsome man. Stop being scared and go ask him out. I know I would date him.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

I was just about to say that Fartdawg has to have a crush on Faires but you beat me to it. 😂

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:58 am I was just about to say that Fartdawg has to have a crush on Faires but you beat me to it. 😂
hahaahahah
I know I'm wasting my breath here because you won't know what it means....but what you are doing is projecting. :)

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

RadioLady wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:46 am
fortdawg wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:17 am

i see where you are going with all of this FartDawg. Like you, I fiond Phil to be a BIG sexy handsome man. Stop being scared and go ask him out. I know I would date him.
The question here is there any man you wouldn't "fiond" attractive and date. :)

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

fortdawg wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:05 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:58 am I was just about to say that Fartdawg has to have a crush on Faires but you beat me to it. 😂
hahaahahah
I know I'm wasting my breath here because you won't know what it means....but what you are doing is projecting. :)
Exactly what I would expect from someone who’s losing an argument so they have to contradict themself and gets called out for it. I’m just glad you didn’t try to deny your crush because that’s when you’d be wasting your time. Typical jock sniffing coach crony. :mrgreen:

You should just revert back to agreeing with “Barry” and everyone else on this thread that Phil won with more talent and now is losing because there isn’t enough coaching to overcome the lack of talent.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Sorry Fortdawg sometimes I agree with you on here but not this time. You can’t say it was coaching when they won but it’s on the players when they lose. You even agreed with that yourself in your original post. Just like when Athens had Burrows and company and people were praising the play calling. Same coach calling the plays now and they are 0-7. You or I could have been calling the plays when Burrows was there and gone undefeated. But the really great coaches are the ones who can still win games with equal or lesser talent. Neither Trimble or Athens is showing they can do that.

Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

I wondered when this time would come. This year isn't that much different than most. Special teams are abysmal and little practice time is spent on them. Typical year. Calling the same plays out of the same formations and in the same situations over an over. Now the talent level isn't as great as it has been so those things get exposed. There was a five year run when these things were not happening and playing in a state title game was the result. Someone different calling the plays, special teams were a main focus, the team had discipline ex: no players with their jerseys untucked and hanging below their knees which is the norm now. But things have gone back to the way they were in the 90's and early 2000's and the results are similar to then. The big difference is this year players are quitting and coaches are fighting among themselves. For the sake of the program I hope someone takes charge and gets this thing turned around. Too much tradition to let it hit rock bottom, and it aint to far from that. Go Cats!

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Ttomcat1000+ wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:38 am I wondered when this time would come. This year isn't that much different than most. Special teams are abysmal and little practice time is spent on them. Typical year. Calling the same plays out of the same formations and in the same situations over an over. Now the talent level isn't as great as it has been so those things get exposed. There was a five year run when these things were not happening and playing in a state title game was the result. Someone different calling the plays, special teams were a main focus, the team had discipline ex: no players with their jerseys untucked and hanging below their knees which is the norm now. But things have gone back to the way they were in the 90's and early 2000's and the results are similar to then. The big difference is this year players are quitting and coaches are fighting among themselves. For the sake of the program I hope someone takes charge and gets this thing turned around. Too much tradition to let it hit rock bottom, and it aint to far from that. Go Cats!
WOW I knew things were bad but didn’t know all that. Doesn’t sound good. But losing for a team not used to losing can be damaging. Without strong leadership adversity can bring on turmoil. Sad.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

This stuff is hard to read. When you consider we arent that far removed from a JH State Track Championship we should be outrunning everyone. have these kids all gone to play soccer. What gives? Maybe getting the coach who won that title back on staff would be a good first move.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:53 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:05 am
McChicken wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:50 am Must have struck a nerve. Eastern fan wouldn't even reply. Had to get all dressed up as a Trimble fan. Excuses are for losers and nobody loses better than Eastern. Either way it doesn't really matter. You guys are both playing for second place. Nothing worse than a Trimble fan who sounds like an Eastern fan.
We'll deal with Waterford when the time comes. The good part is we don't have to go to Waterford and get cheated by the homer refs. Not saying we'll win but at least it will be a fairly called game. Hopefully by then the new additions will be in full swing and we'll look more like the Trimble everyone is used to seeing. But for now let's focus on Eastern.

We plan to beat Waterford. Remember, we don’t have to go to their place so they can’t hire their favorite homer crew.
I sure hope you are right about the "new additions" because after tonight I have to become a Thimble fan against Waterturd. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”