Wheelersburg 12 - 20 Jackson 2022

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: WK 5 Jackson (2-2) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Game of the week. A true toss up. Two great programs. Comes down to who will make the least mistakes, turnovers and penalties.

Burg 24
Jackson 21

Ducks
Waterboy

Post by Ducks »

Should be a really good game. If Jackson doesn't turn they ball over they should be fine. But then again that's a big IF. Prediction Jackson 14- Wheelersburg-10

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:25 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:39 am Great matchup. Gonna be a great game.

Two of SEO finest programs goin head to head.

Looking forward to Fred’s Pizza too.
"Now Under New Managment ;) "

Pizza hasn’t changed did it ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Great series. Alot of mutual respect. Feels like Wheelersburg is due for a win in this series. Game is at Ed Miller stadium. Jackson still with too many turnovers, Wheelersburg is a 3-7 point favorite in my mind.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

These communities are tied pretty close together. I know personally there’s only one week I don’t root for Tha Burg. Even to the point I really never cared who won the Ironton/Burg game but now I found myself favoring the pirates in that week 1 matchup.

Larry Halls legacy is etched in stone for Tha Burg and his son Andy Hall is the same way for the Ironmen.

That’s about as good as a storyline you can get. Being Able to say about this high school football game when it comes to history , coaching staffs, community ties and just what kind of programs these two schools have and whos helped build those legacy’s.

The Pirates in 2021 this game changed their season.
After the last second FG to win the game hit the crossbar to secure Jackson’s victory @ home changed the course of the rest of the year for the Pirates. Tha Burg rolled on after that loss and even avenged the week 1 loss deep in the playoffs sending Ironton to it’s off-season winter workouts.

Jackson is prolly one of the best 2-2 teams you are gonna come across and merely a few plays away from being 4-0 Right now. They will continue to get better and That’s what good teams do. They get a little better every week. As long they stay healthy our 2022 Ironmen have just as good as chance as any Jackson team to make a deep run in the playoffs.

I do miss one of the people from Burg that I got to know and have some great conversations about the game over the course of years. This guy was 110% pure Burg in all ways.
Academics. The school. The community. The kids. All sports.
He wasn’t just a burg football fan.

In his favorite phrase MADDOG would say…”strike up the band”

Assuming WSAZ Friday Night Football , GridIron Glory will be there along with numerous other media outlets covering the game. It would be cool to see WSAZs new morning programs on Fridays “Fired Up Fridays” where they do a broadcast of a showcase game with students , cheerleaders, football players etc.
this is the first year WSAZ has done this and seems to be a hit. The program typically begins at 6am and they periodically showcase that section of the news broadcast 3/4X from the
6am-7am hour.

This game will not disappoint to the fans of high school football!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:07 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:39 am Great matchup. Gonna be a great game.

Two of SEO finest programs goin head to head.

Looking forward to Fred’s Pizza too.

I believe Jack sold it. Dont think anything other than ownership has changed

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Should be another great one Friday night between these programs. Jackson’s offense is more balanced. But Burg’s passing game starting to show signs of life and their offensive line is the best around here. Expect a tight game between two even teams with turnovers/penalties deciding the winner.

Crowd probably won’t be as big as Ironton game, but will be pretty close to it. Better get there early if you want a seat!*

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Two real solid teams. Both have at least one impressive win. Jackson had the better game against Ironton.

I'm taking Burg in this one. I think at home Burg is gonna out grind them. Gonna be a real close game imo.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

[youtube][/youtube]
THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:38 pm Two real solid teams. Both have at least one impressive win. Jackson had the better game against Ironton.

I'm taking Burg in this one. I think at home Burg is gonna out grind them. Gonna be a real close game imo.
As a neutral fan, if Jackson’s coach doesn’t quit throwing , Jackson was way better than Ironton. Wheelersburg will defend the pass better .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:11 pm Should be another great one Friday night between these programs. Jackson’s offense is more balanced. But Burg’s passing game starting to show signs of life and their offensive line is the best around here. Expect a tight game between two even teams with turnovers/penalties deciding the winner.

Crowd probably won’t be as big as Ironton game, but will be pretty close to it. Better get there early if you want a seat!*

I wouldn’t underestimate the following of Ironmen Football. They’ll be plenty of red/white to see on the visitors side. Plus a monster rockin band to go with them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Looks like QB and 8 seem to be the gamers on the offensive side of Jackson. Who else does Jackson have that poses a threat? They usually have a giant TE

Allen.ct
Waterboy

Post by Allen.ct »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:37 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:07 am

I believe Jack sold it. Dont think anything other than ownership has changed
Patties & Pints bought the business. Menu has not changed as of yet

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson is a team with good players with a few that stand out a little more. After watching Burg against Ashland, they either have come a long way from game one or Ashland was really bad.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:45 pm Looks like QB and 8 seem to be the gamers on the offensive side of Jackson. Who else does Jackson have that poses a threat? They usually have a giant TE
Jackson does a great job of developing their kids starting at a young age. Good coaches , consistent program , community support. Most of the Jackson kids aren’t unlike most kids on the sidelines for other teams. They’ve just been developed into good football players. Occasionally they’ll have a kid or two who is super special, mostly alot of hard nosed Jackson Ironmen.

CharlieMurphy
Waterboy

Post by CharlieMurphy »

The Johnson kid for Jackson needs more touches running the ball!

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Jackson might be able to negate burgs offensive line. Burg better have that passing game improved or it could be lights out at the Ed Miller

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Two great programs through and through, two great communities, This game could go ether way. I'm going Burg 17-14

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Jackson is within 1 on turnover differential I think they win.

If Burg holds Jackson to under 3 scores I’ll be impressed

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:22 pm If Jackson is within 1 on turnover differential I think they win.

If Burg holds Jackson to under 3 scores I’ll be impressed
Agree. That's why I think if Jackson airs it out they win. Them knockdown drag outs, physical ball games with hard hitting going on, can eventually lead to a few fumbles. If Jackson avoids those I think they take care of business.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

CharlieMurphy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:13 am The Johnson kid for Jackson needs more touches running the ball!
Agree. Has good size and is only a Sophomore.

Return to “Football”