Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

Post by Ironman92 »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:54 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:36 pm
Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:58 pm I actually didn’t get a job just because I’m from scioto county. I was living in Columbus and they actually told me he won’t hire people from here.
Sounds like a human resources nightmare. Surprised he admitted that blatantly.
Yeah he was just very blunt it was a job in IT he asked where my high school was from and when I told him the whole thing just went weird and he was really rude after that he was joking about the drug problems and said that scioto county gave Ohio a bad reputation
That’s dumb. What was this place?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

He’s just a sophomore.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Just tough circumstances. The defense was an absolute mess last year, with a thread-barren LB room. They had to take some unconventional measures to shore up that group with guys that Knowles wants, notably having to transition two RB’s into the LB flight.

I feel for him. I don’t think the sky is falling on him or that the die is cast, though. He has a limited role in the best of situations, yes, but it’s still a role at the end of the day. Knowles probably doesn’t want him as an an athlete nor as a measurable fit for the system, but I reckon he’ll take Carrico’s work ethic and “team first” mentality for as long as the two will be wed together in the program.

Never say never. Remember that Xavier Johnson (WR) was a walk-on and through a ton of dedication, as well as some inadvertent happenings (JSN going out), he earned an opportunity to make an impact at his position — and made the most of it last Saturday.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:56 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:36 pm

Sounds like a human resources nightmare. Surprised he admitted that blatantly.
Yeah he was just very blunt it was a job in IT he asked where my high school was from and when I told him the whole thing just went weird and he was really rude after that he was joking about the drug problems and said that scioto county gave Ohio a bad reputation
I think was called calltech it was off 270 on the west side I think the exit north of Tuttle crossing they did telemarketing and was a customer service call center

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:12 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:56 pm

I think was called calltech it was off 270 on the west side I think the exit north of Tuttle crossing they did telemarketing and was a customer service call center
Lol. I won’t say it. I’m on your side.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I thought he would have gotten significant playing time last year when they were so short of linebackers. But I don't think there is alot of difference in the skill set of any of the linebackers. It's just a matter of him finding a way to get on the field. I hope he gets a shot. Seems like a fine young man.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

I was hoping to see him listed higher on depth chart this year. I thought losing Al Washington might hurt him. He will keep proving himself and get his shot hopefully. If not I could see Reid transferring so he could play. With his talent he needs to be playing somewhere

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

11 Warriors snap count report didn't even list Carrico in on any special teams plays. As others have said, he's still only a sophomore, but hopefully starts getting some run at some point this season. If transfer portal is in his future though, hopefully he gets his degree from tOSU first (like Burrow did) before leaving.*

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Putting education aside, because we all (should) realize this is the true accomplishment for any college athlete, I think best case scenario for Reid is Pete Werner and worst case is he's playing MAC football in 2 years, starting, a team captain and probably going to a bowl game.

Werner:
Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF
2017 FR LB 5 6 3 9 0.5 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2018 SO LB 12 38 20 58 7.5 3.0 0 0 0 9 0 2
2019 JR LB 14 39 25 64 5.5 0.0 0 0 0 3 2 0
2020 SR LB 8 28 26 54 2.5 1.0 0 0 0 1 0 2
Career 111 74 185 16.0 4.0 0 0 0 13 2 4

Reid is obviously a RS Freshman this season, and would need a few things to fall his way to crack the lineup next year.
But 5 GP & 9 tackles this year would be a good start, as he had 2 GP and 3 tackles last season.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

He wont get much playing time at OSU , if any . I say he hits the portal after this season , would be best for him ig he wants to play football . If hes interested in an education , by all means stay at OSU .

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Would be nice for him to see the field in Columbus but I don’t think it’s going to happen. People have mentioned him switching to TE. He’s not big enough to be a TE imo. He’s listed as 6’2 230 lbs. something tells me he’d still be lost in the shuffle there behind natural 6’5 250 lbs TE’s we have on the roster, 3 of them being Joe Royer, Sam Hart & Bennett Christian. Not to mention Gee Scott is still there as well. None of those guys are seniors, Scott & Royer are Jr’s. The other 2 are Sophomore and freshman. Not to mention they have another 4* TE coming in next year. So his path to playing time, learning a new position he’s undersized for doesn’t seem all that great. I think if he wants to play college ball he will need to ultimately transfer out. I’m sure Cincinnati, Ohio U, Marshall just to name a few would all happily take his services, yet he’s still close to home.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:58 pm He’s just a sophomore.
A redshirt sophomore he has plenty of time to improve and play.
Linebacker is one of the hardest positions in college to learn with so many spread offenses being played no.
Reid is a thumper and he will get his chance when called upon.
OSU is playing only 2 linebackers in their base defense Reid is a inside LB not being played yet.
One game don’t make or break a Career at OSU and last year he was redshirted for a purpose.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

free education in all reality isn't free

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

callie15 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:50 pm You simply won't see div 5 ohio football players make it in the world of collage football. Most quit or get lost in the shadow of better football players.
It's difficult, because the D1 caliber atheletes in D5 can pretty much dominate at that level just by out atheleting the other kids ala Carrico. Problem with that is they don't learn a lot of technique. That is why big D1 p5 programs encourage them to transfer to places like IMG Academy so they can gain experience against other elite talent.

Last season the entire starting 22 for Mater Dei were going D1. Just imagine that. In this region the Joe Burrows and Randy Moss caliber talent are one in a milly. Not gonna come across a ton of plug and play p5 kids. The technique in many cases, just is not there yet.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

82nd wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:56 am free education in all reality isn't free
Kinda cringed at that being said over and over from a blue collar region on labor day of all things. These universities and coaches literally make MILLIONS off the backs of these 17, 18, and 19 yr old kids. It's odd how working class areas often have no working class solidarity, but I digress.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:27 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:58 pm He’s just a sophomore.
A redshirt sophomore he has plenty of time to improve and play.
Linebacker is one of the hardest positions in college to learn with so many spread offenses being played no.
Reid is a thumper and he will get his chance when called upon.
OSU is playing only 2 linebackers in their base defense Reid is a inside LB not being played yet.
One game don’t make or break a Career at OSU and last year he was redshirted for a purpose.
I wish he would get some sp teams reps.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:27 am Would be nice for him to see the field in Columbus but I don’t think it’s going to happen. People have mentioned him switching to TE. He’s not big enough to be a TE imo. He’s listed as 6’2 230 lbs. something tells me he’d still be lost in the shuffle there behind natural 6’5 250 lbs TE’s we have on the roster, 3 of them being Joe Royer, Sam Hart & Bennett Christian. Not to mention Gee Scott is still there as well. None of those guys are seniors, Scott & Royer are Jr’s. The other 2 are Sophomore and freshman. Not to mention they have another 4* TE coming in next year. So his path to playing time, learning a new position he’s undersized for doesn’t seem all that great. I think if he wants to play college ball he will need to ultimately transfer out. I’m sure Cincinnati, Ohio U, Marshall just to name a few would all happily take his services, yet he’s still close to home.
I tend to think his size and speed would put him at a huge disadvantage vs Gee Scott Jr at TE.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:21 pm 11 Warriors snap count report didn't even list Carrico in on any special teams plays. As others have said, he's still only a sophomore, but hopefully starts getting some run at some point this season. If transfer portal is in his future though, hopefully he gets his degree from tOSU first (like Burrow did) before leaving.*
Yes I mentioned not even getting any sp teams reps is a bad sign. I also tend to think he has likely had to make a huge adjustment just fitting into the team culture in Columbus. Them humble quiet country boy days are over. Them boys in that locker room are DOGS. Gotta be aggressive and assertive and cut throat. That's just the brass tax of it all. Big change vs what he was around in SEO. A huge reason for Mr. Burrows success was that he just FIT IN with those kids.
Last edited by THEEE_GAME on Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:10 pm Just tough circumstances. The defense was an absolute mess last year, with a thread-barren LB room. They had to take some unconventional measures to shore up that group with guys that Knowles wants, notably having to transition two RB’s into the LB flight.

I feel for him. I don’t think the sky is falling on him or that the die is cast, though. He has a limited role in the best of situations, yes, but it’s still a role at the end of the day. Knowles probably doesn’t want him as an an athlete nor as a measurable fit for the system, but I reckon he’ll take Carrico’s work ethic and “team first” mentality for as long as the two will be wed together in the program.

Never say never. Remember that Xavier Johnson (WR) was a walk-on and through a ton of dedication, as well as some inadvertent happenings (JSN going out), he earned an opportunity to make an impact at his position — and made the most of it last Saturday.
I was really happy for that kid. Great story.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Welcome to Marshall University from the transfer portal .....

Return to “Football”