Coaching opening

bball30
Freshman Team

Coaching opening

Post by bball30 »

Alexander has had only three soccer coaches since the mid-80's. There is an opening for a boys' team head coaching position for this traditionally successful program. Contact athletic director Dan Doseck.

OSH
Riding the Bench

Re: Coaching opening

Post by OSH »

bball30 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:43 am Alexander has had only three soccer coaches since the mid-80's. There is an opening for a boys' team head coaching position for this traditionally successful program. Contact athletic director Dan Doseck.
Looks like their girl's position is open as well.

New Philadelphia had a girl's job posted, not sure if it's been filled or not (probably not).
Hillsboro's boy's job was open.

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

OSH wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:37 am
bball30 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:43 am Alexander has had only three soccer coaches since the mid-80's. There is an opening for a boys' team head coaching position for this traditionally successful program. Contact athletic director Dan Doseck.

New Philadelphia had a girl's job posted, not sure if it's been filled or not (probably not).
Add Bishop Rosecrans girl's job.

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

Sheridan boys need a varsity coach. Please call the high school, or email our athletic director Lance Dupler. 740-743-1335
ldupler@nlsd.k12.oh.us

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Northwest girls are looking for a new coach as well.

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

I was just wondering if the West girls job is open or not. I haven't heard anything about it, but I think the coach wanted to retire.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

CoachC wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:11 am I was just wondering if the West girls job is open or not. I haven't heard anything about it, but I think the coach wanted to retire.
I am pretty sure he has said that every year since he came back

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:32 pm
CoachC wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:11 am I was just wondering if the West girls job is open or not. I haven't heard anything about it, but I think the coach wanted to retire.
I am pretty sure he has said that every year since he came back
:lol: :lol:

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Has the New Philly job been filled?

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

schenk11 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:41 am

Has the New Philly job been filled?
Like most HS soccer jobs in SEO...it's somewhat challenging to find this information. I was able to find that the new coach may be AJ Wahlie.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I have heard rumor of West possibly dropping girls soccer. Hopefully this is not true, that would make 3 girls teams dissolving in the past couple years (Peebles and West Union were the first two)

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

4thgoal wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:09 pm
I have heard rumor of West possibly dropping girls soccer. Hopefully this is not true, that would make 3 girls teams dissolving in the past couple years (Peebles and West Union were the first two)
I would apply for the position before letting that happen. The numbers were always good enough to field a team, just lack of team wide talent and possibly a little coaching has kept them at the level they are on.

seeker
Waterboy

Post by seeker »

CoachC wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:40 pm
4thgoal wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:09 pm
I would apply for the position before letting that happen. The numbers were always good enough to field a team, just lack of team wide talent and possibly a little coaching has kept them at the level they are on.
Well jump in. I doubt the program would turn down someone willing to help.

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

seeker wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:18 pm
CoachC wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:40 pm
4thgoal wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:09 pm I have heard rumor of West possibly dropping girls soccer. Hopefully this is not true, that would make 3 girls teams dissolving in the past couple years (Peebles and West Union were the first two)
Well jump in. I doubt the program would turn down someone willing to help.
Truth is, I've applied the last 3-4 years without even getting an interview. Now I have other interests (grandkids) to occupy my time. I just don't want the kids to go without an opportunity to play. I actually never played varsity level soccer, but once before took over a situation similar to what may happen here. The numbers and victories increased our second season and won a sectional tournament game, eventually became contenders under coaches with more experience.

SP soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by SP soccer »

South Point Middle School is open.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Not a coaching opening, but Ironton St Joe has dropped girls soccer. This is the 2nd time they have dropped the program in 5 years. I would suspect this will be the end of that and they will just be coed. With such a small enrollment, trying to have girls soccer and volleyball just isn't sustainable.

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Peebles is trying to bring back girls soccer. Will be a struggle but hopefully they can.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

SoccerGuy22 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:39 pm Peebles is trying to bring back girls soccer. Will be a struggle but hopefully they can.
That would be great if they could.

Return to “Soccer”