Great play by play guys. Feels like I was there

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D4 Regional Semi-Final: Valley vs Western

Post by Ironman92 »

Go Western!

Valley was far off on their perimeter shots…arena affected them. Western didn’t have the kangaroos but they had kids ready to take charges and get in the way and it was helpful in this win.

Very well coached as everyone knows and ball moved good on the offense. Wasn’t much standing around. I don’t think they have a big chip on their shoulder as much as they just don’t care…a great quality for a team in the postseason. They have a game to play, plans and plays to execute….and they just don’t care about the other stuff.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:52 pm i was at the game last year when valley won by 40+ against western and this year basically same teams and western wins by 8 that tells you all you need to know. Valley changed coaches western stayed the same. Valley loads of talent no doubt but end of day talent doesn’t always win games and western proved that tonight they are the better team no doubt

Congrats to western i think you all have a good chance vs Newark they are solid but with way your kids are playing you can win this game. Play one game at a time and take an soc team to the state!
They play Hiland, NC lost

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:54 pm Go Western!

Valley was far off on their perimeter shots…arena affected them. Western didn’t have the kangaroos but they had kids ready to take charges and get in the way and it was helpful in this win.

Very well coached as everyone knows and ball moved good on the offense. Wasn’t much standing around. I don’t think they have a big chip on their shoulder as much as they just don’t care…a great quality for a team in the postseason. They have a game to play, plans and plays to execute….and they just don’t care about the other stuff.
Far off as in 1-16 from 3.

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

also how did Carter kid not play varsity at eastern last year? He is a good player probably had 20+ tonight. Eastern losing sleep on that one

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

^^^ hiland won the game. But agree Western much better team than Hiland if you ask me. Hiland shot great from three otherwise they lose in regulation to NC

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

coop wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:55 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:54 pm Go Western!

Far off as in 1-16 from 3.
That’s killer….most weren’t close either

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

coop wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:54 pm
burgpirater wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:52 pm i was at the game last year when valley won by 40+ against western and this year basically same teams and western wins by 8 that tells you all you need to know. Valley changed coaches western stayed the same. Valley loads of talent no doubt but end of day talent doesn’t always win games and western proved that tonight they are the better team no doubt

Congrats to western i think you all have a good chance vs Newark they are solid but with way your kids are playing you can win this game. Play one game at a time and take an soc team to the state!
They play Hiland, NC lost
Oh shoot my bad i read score wrong, saw it was one point game. No matter what western can win!

Dlightle72
Waterboy

Post by Dlightle72 »

Very impressed with Westerns defense tonight. Great on ball defense and there rotation of helping the helper was very impressive! Great win for Doug Williams and his Western program.

Basketball4
Waterboy

Post by Basketball4 »

What say yea now, to all the Western Indians doubters?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 pm also how did Carter kid not play varsity at eastern last year? He is a good player probably had 20+ tonight. Eastern losing sleep on that one
It was said on a different thread last season he didn't want to play Varsity. Their was a reason Eastern had 3 kids transfer out. Carter to Western and the McBee boys to Green.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Western wanted it more. Congrats on the win. Keep it going next round.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

transplant wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:10 pm Western wanted it more. Congrats on the win. Keep it going next round.
It’s ok buddy, hang in there.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Basketball4 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:07 pm What say yea now, to all the Western Indians doubters?
I was one of them until I actually watched them dismantle the brakes of Fed Hock. Told my friends tonight Western will probably get the dub tonight.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

SOC1 back to back years best in D4

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Practice tomorrow ❤️

The boys would like to thank you guys for all of your bulletin board material this year.

Defense travels!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

mattash wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:17 pm SOC1 back to back years best in D4
I was thinking the same thing! Maybe we (me included) need to give the SOC-I more credit! I think the top half of their side is pretty good most years.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Western on a well deserved win.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: Regional Semi-Final: Valley vs Western

Post by Ed Ott »

Ed Ott wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:47 am Valley teetered last game like Trimble did with Notre Dame, the next game Western really didn’t have much trouble with Trimble. I see this pattern continuing. Western has been rolling since very early season and getting better and better. I’m going Western by 8.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:13 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:10 pm Western wanted it more. Congrats on the win. Keep it going next round.
It’s ok buddy, hang in there.
I’m sure he’s ok, we’ve gotta shift focus to a State Championship caliber baseball team.

We will be pulling hard for those Western Indians!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”