RD3 - Minster @ Adena

Kirtland80
All State

Re: RD3 - Minster @ Adena

Post by Kirtland80 »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:19 pm
football87 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:06 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:49 pm Update. Seems about 90% of Yappi are picking Minster to win
Understandable... I'm sure 90% of people have never heard of Adena on Yappi.

Yes only a few have even said anything remotely about Adena
Yes I’m not familiar with Adena all that well either. I’m picking them but it won’t be surprising if Minster pulls it off. Those teams are very well coached, they hardly ever make mistakes and they are good at exploiting whatever weakness they can find. Parkway was the lowest of the tier you can go. If they smash Minster like they did Parkway, they are for real. I’d say Anna was the second to bottom (only because of graduating so many, they usually aren’t) and look how they played one of the better teams outside of their conference

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 pm
football87 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Understandable... I'm sure 90% of people have never heard of Adena on Yappi.

Yes I’m not familiar with Adena all that well either. I’m picking them but it won’t be surprising if Minster pulls it off. Those teams are very well coached, they hardly ever make mistakes and they are good at exploiting whatever weakness they can find. Parkway was the lowest of the tier you can go. If they smash Minster like they did Parkway, they are for real. I’d say Anna was the second to bottom (only because of graduating so many, they usually aren’t) and look how they played one of the better teams outside of their conference
I hadn’t kept up with high school football for as long as others but when I saw coldwater annihilate burg in 16 I’ve kept track of them and the rest of the MAC their excellence in all sports is remarkable

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:26 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 pm

I hadn’t kept up with high school football for as long as others but when I saw coldwater annihilate burg in 16 I’ve kept track of them and the rest of the MAC their excellence in all sports is remarkable
It truly is. Especially when you consider how long they have done it with the size of their schools. Marion Local for example has like 280 kids total. That’s boys and girls combined. We been on a good run since 2010 145-7 record .954, but it’s only us and we haven’t done it as long. They have multiple teams every year. Toughest small school conference in the state easily, maybe the nation. Even the winless teams you can’t count out. I’ve seen teams in conference play not have a single win then come out of conference winning by 30+. Anna had 1 win by 1 point over Parkway. First game outside the conference they won 40-7 lol. That conference success doesn’t just happen randomly. They know how to win and if Adena does have a weakness, Minster will find it

6O HORN3TS 🐝
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The MAC being able to sustain their greatness for so many years is truly baffling. Around here you think of Burg/Ironton/Jackson/Trimble as "machines".... None of them are in the same conference and Jackson/Trimble aren't even in the same Division... Now add a couple more teams and perennial state titles and you can truly admire the greatness that is the MAC..

Watching SE Ohio basketball
ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

I hate wehn my wifes on her minster. shes unbearadable!

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

What kind of size does Minster have up front? That’s probably what it’s going to come down to. Adena is run first. If they can’t run then it may be a tough matchup

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Good luck, Adena. Very good team again this year.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

sykesb2 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:26 pm What kind of size does Minster have up front? That’s probably what it’s going to come down to. Adena is run first. If they can’t run then it may be a tough matchup
Good luck, the only info I can get and basis for people choosing Minster to win is the fact they play in the MAC. Haven't seen anyone breakdown the team.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

se-alum wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:44 am
sykesb2 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:26 pm What kind of size does Minster have up front? That’s probably what it’s going to come down to. Adena is run first. If they can’t run then it may be a tough matchup
Good luck, the only info I can get and basis for people choosing Minster to win is the fact they play in the MAC. Haven't seen anyone breakdown the team.
Average 195-255 all around the 6 ft mark or better. Adena put 37 on Parkway but Minster hung 62 on them. I do not expect Adena to run away with this by any means and if they do, they are for real. I don’t know much about Adena but seems they are pretty good so I’m going with them but it’s also hard to pick against a team, not only because they are MAC, but because they have proven time and time again even if they are a 4 or 5 loss team in conference, they can still get it done outside of it. Allen East had only lost to Columbus Grove which is 7-0 and once by 3 points. Minster is 11 seed and beat 6 seed last week. Adena is only 3 seeds higher. Do not be shocked if they pull it off
Attachments
615EF9CB-EDB5-45D2-9354-3A8E97D00BD1.png
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:38 am
Average 195-255 all around the 6 ft mark or better. Adena put 37 on Parkway but Minster hung 62 on them. I do not expect Adena to run away with this by any means and if they do, they are for real. I don’t know much about Adena but seems they are pretty good so I’m going with them but it’s also hard to pick against a team, not only because they are MAC, but because they have proven time and time again even if they are a 4 or 5 loss team in conference, they can still get it done outside of it. They are 11 seed and beat 6 seed last week. Adena is only 3 seeds higher. Do not be shocked if they pull it off
Thank you! I see the game as a toss up. Adena is strong in all facets, but sometime you just run up against teams that are better. I think it's going to be a good one! Is Minster a running, passing, or balanced team?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

se-alum wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:59 am

Average 195-255 all around the 6 ft mark or better. Adena put 37 on Parkway but Minster hung 62 on them. I do not expect Adena to run away with this by any means and if they do, they are for real. I don’t know much about Adena but seems they are pretty good so I’m going with them but it’s also hard to pick against a team, not only because they are MAC, but because they have proven time and time again even if they are a 4 or 5 loss team in conference, they can still get it done outside of it. They are 11 seed and beat 6 seed last week. Adena is only 3 seeds higher. Do not be shocked if they pull it off
Thank you! I see the game as a toss up. Adena is strong in all facets, but sometime you just run up against teams that are better. I think it's going to be a good one! Is Minster a running, passing, or balanced team?
More run oriented but can and will pass also. The QB has to be accounted for. 6’3 180 and they love to use him. He had 27 carries last week for 108 yards and a TD

6O HORN3TS 🐝
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 am

More run oriented but can and will pass also. The QB has to be accounted for. 6’3 180 and they love to use him. He had 27 carries last week for 108 yards and a TD
Sounds like the 2 teams are very similar. Adena is run oriented, but Sykes is accurate and has a very nice receiving corp. He and Throckmorton both had 100+ yards rushing in the 1st half last week.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

The thing I like and I think SE-Alum would agree is Adena has been “pushed” since week 1 so I dont think we have seen their full potential. Maybe Minster does win but I have a feeling the Warriors will be on full display because they may very well need to be.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

shoelace wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:58 am The thing I like and I think SE-Alum would agree is Adena has been “pushed” since week 1 so I dont think we have seen their full potential. Maybe Minster does win but I have a feeling the Warriors will be on full display because they may very well need to be.
They haven't been pushed. It's a good thing because it's kept them healthy, the downside could be how they react in a close game. They have a ton of senior leadership, so that should help.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

se-alum wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:54 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 am

Sounds like the 2 teams are very similar. Adena is run oriented, but Sykes is accurate and has a very nice receiving corp. He and Throckmorton both had 100+ yards rushing in the 1st half last week.
Yes, other than the records, from what I know about these two, this could be whoever has the least turnovers/penalties will win. I know Minster a lot better than I do Adena. I do know Minsters’ defense is a lot better than Parkway. They had a few turnovers last week which is very uncharacteristic of any MAC team but I think it’s where they are a younger team. Usually those teams play pretty much a flawless game in terms of beating themselves. Minster didn’t return a whole lot so maybe Adena has the advantage there if nothing else or maybe Adena steamrolls them also, which I don’t see happening but I have been wrong before. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I’m going with Adena though even though the times I mentioned that I was wrong before were mainly against the MAC lol

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Looks like Adena is for real. Will be 2-0 vs MAC teams. Can they go 3-0 vs the MAC to win that region assuming they win the next game vs Mechanicsburg? Whoever wins the Coldwater/Fort Recovery game will be one of the teams in the regional final

6O HORN3TS 🐝
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Adena was just bigger, faster, stronger, and meaner than Minster.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Nice dominate win over a MAC school that has won a few state titles

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:44 pm Looks like Adena is for real. Will be 2-0 vs MAC teams. Can they go 3-0 vs the MAC to win that region assuming they win the next game vs Mechanicsburg? Whoever wins the Coldwater/Fort Recovery game will be one of the teams in the regional final
Assuming that Coldwater beats West Jefferson?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Rosscoresident wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:27 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:44 pm Looks like Adena is for real. Will be 2-0 vs MAC teams. Can they go 3-0 vs the MAC to win that region assuming they win the next game vs Mechanicsburg? Whoever wins the Coldwater/Fort Recovery game will be one of the teams in the regional final
Assuming that Coldwater beats West Jefferson?
Coldwater will have zero problems with West Jeff

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”