Playoffs 2020 Northwest 21 - 20 Portsmouth

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2020 Playoffs Northwest v Portsmouth

Post by wobycat »

Going with Portsmouth. Northwest has the tools but the ovc is tougher competition and should have Portsmouth more prepared

tougheveryday
Waterboy

MOHAWK NATION 🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈

Post by tougheveryday »

After the thrilling comeback victory vs.symmes valley I am thinking with ball control and lights out defence the Mohawks can win another thriller Saturday vs.portsmouth.Feed the beasts Brackman,Campbell and Lintz.Keep the turnovers down and play dyno defence.Im gonna go 28-20 range Mohawks victory 🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Re: MOHAWK NATION 🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈

Post by PirateFan[69] »

tougheveryday wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:46 am After the thrilling comeback victory vs.symmes valley I am thinking with ball control and lights out defence the Mohawks can win another thriller Saturday vs.portsmouth.Feed the beasts Brackman,Campbell and Lintz.Keep the turnovers down and play dyno defence.Im gonna go 28-20 range Mohawks victory 🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
Basically same post, Different week
Mohawks win by one score

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

NW must put together 4 solid quarters of football. The mistakes with turnovers last week cannot happen this week. Portsmouth will ride into Roy Rogers Field throwing the ball. NW must keep the QB in the pocket and not allow him time to pick out his receivers. If he has time to throw the ball, P'town will put points on the board. I do know the Trojan defense has given up a ton of yards this season so NW must ground and pound the ball with Brackman, Lintz and Campbell. Hopefully, NW will be able to mix a little pass with the heavy ground game but it must be quick hitters. Every time we line up to pass everyone knows it so the element of surprise would keep the defense from lining up 11 in the box. Looking forward to watching the Mohawks and Trojans Saturday night in the first ever playoff game in Mohawk history. Finish the job!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

NW must put together 4 solid quarters of football. The mistakes with turnovers last week cannot happen this week. Portsmouth will ride into Roy Rogers Field throwing the ball. NW must keep the QB in the pocket and not allow him time to pick out his receivers. If he has time to throw the ball, P'town will put points on the board. I do know the Trojan defense has given up a ton of yards this season so NW must ground and pound the ball with Brackman, Lintz and Campbell. Hopefully, NW will be able to mix a little pass with the heavy ground game but it must be quick hitters. Every time we line up to pass everyone knows it so the element of surprise would keep the defense from lining up 11 in the box. Looking forward to watching the Mohawks and Trojans Saturday night in the first ever playoff game in Mohawk history. Finish the job!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

alabama mike wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:44 pm NW must put together 4 solid quarters of football. The mistakes with turnovers last week cannot happen this week. Portsmouth will ride into Roy Rogers Field throwing the ball. NW must keep the QB in the pocket and not allow him time to pick out his receivers. If he has time to throw the ball, P'town will put points on the board. I do know the Trojan defense has given up a ton of yards this season so NW must ground and pound the ball with Brackman, Lintz and Campbell. Hopefully, NW will be able to mix a little pass with the heavy ground game but it must be quick hitters. Every time we line up to pass everyone knows it so the element of surprise would keep the defense from lining up 11 in the box. Looking forward to watching the Mohawks and Trojans Saturday night in the first ever playoff game in Mohawk history. Finish the job!
Absolutely.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good Luck To both.

My gut says PHS.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If NW wins I will immediately go out and buy 100 lottery tickets.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Bleeding Red wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:16 pm If NW wins I will immediately go out and buy 100 lottery tickets.
Haha! Portsmouth is not very good but I can’t see them losing this game. But I’ve been wrong plenty of times and know the northwest kids will be fired up and ready. If Portsmouth does that 3 or 4 man front that everyone has ran wild on it will be a long night for the Trojans. Northwest is run heavy and make them beat you throwing the ball.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

If Portsmouth plays 1 more game like last week vs gallia. Portsmouth by 2 or more scores. If they play run defense like the previous 5 weeks it’s a toss up. They have to tackle and get some loss of yards once in awhile.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

NW fans are the worst. Hopefully Ptown wins. But i think the Mohawks squeak this one out

tougheveryday
Waterboy

Post by tougheveryday »

Just hoping for a big WIN🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
Last edited by tougheveryday on Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Isn’t Northwest in the small school division now? Schedule is a big difference here. But the teams have to play the game.

tougheveryday
Waterboy

Post by tougheveryday »

tougheveryday wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:55 pm Pistol Pete.we aren't all bad believe me.many of us go to Church and are hard working Americans.ive got 2 great nephews that play and I gotta root for em.cheer us on pistol Pete!!!πŸˆπŸˆπŸˆπŸˆπŸˆπŸˆπŸˆπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

When is this game?

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Beergogglebluez
SE

Black Panther wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:59 pm When is this game?
Saturday

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Never thought I would ever see Portsmouth play Northwest in football. Boy times have changed. Portsmouth lost a lot of talents player last 2 year but has played same or bigger school where northwest has played a VII schedule, will it hurt them? I say yes being in all games against those school. Having such a big line and double the players than all SOC I teams and just barely winning. Portsmouth being down this year but it still won’t hurt them this week!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Does northwest stream their games?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
mohawkfan01
Waterboy

Post by mohawkfan01 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: ↑Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:37 am Does northwest stream their games?
yes, on facebook at Mohawk Media

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

mohawkfan01 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:19 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: ↑Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:37 am Does northwest stream their games?
yes, on facebook at Mohawk Media
Thanks. GO MOHAWKS!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to β€œFootball”