2020 Ironton 33 - 11 Cincinnati Sycamore(D1)

countywide35
SEOP

Re: 10-2 - Ironton vs D1 Cincinnati Sycamore

Post by countywide35 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 pm Im glad they're playing for sure i hope they stay injury free to but i would feel worse if somebody got injured against south point because thats possible also.

It can happen any give time against any given opponent(s). You know we could never have played the game scared or passive. I can’t imagine Pendleton’s pre-gane speech ever says “don’t get hurt” but instead “let’s go bust em up” !

Again. Great pickup. Don’t have to be a state champ team. Good d1 sxhool. They’ll come to play. Plus it keeps I-Town on schedule of football Friday nights . Their routine, etc. things will get real here in few weeks on a Saturday night !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:20 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 pm Im glad they're playing for sure i hope they stay injury free to but i would feel worse if somebody got injured against south point because thats possible also.

It can happen any give time against any given opponent(s). You know we could never have played the game scared or passive. I can’t imagine Pendleton’s pre-gane speech ever says “don’t get hurt” but instead “let’s go bust em up” !

Again. Great pickup. Don’t have to be a state champ team. Good d1 sxhool. They’ll come to play. Plus it keeps I-Town on schedule of football Friday nights . Their routine, etc. things will get real here in few weeks on a Saturday night !
Agree

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Ironton is going to have to do something tomorrow night, that they have NOT had to do as of yet.

Limit mistakes.

Ironton is not gonna run away from or over Cin Syc. This isn't Portsmouth or Gallia. They can matchup with Ironton up front. At the skills and per depth. It's also gonna be a physical game & it's gonna take 4 quarters of focus & effort. Irontons size & speed will not intimidate or impress Cin Syc. They are gonna have to fight tomorrow night. Not just bully. Gonna be a good one. Solid pickup by the AD/program on short notice. More of this going forward in the seasons to come please!!!!

Notice how different the vibe/body language is tomorrow night compared to last couple weeks. Its important. Emotion is a great intangible at this level. Lets see if the sophmore qb is a game manager under potential duress. Lets see if Ironton can limit mistakes against an opponent who can capitalize on mistakes. And lets see how Ironton responds to a team who can push them down the field and can break open big chunk plays with their speed.

Game of the week.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:40 pm Ironton is going to have to do something tomorrow night, that they have NOT had to do as of yet.

Limit mistakes.

Ironton is not gonna run away from or over Cin Syc. This isn't Portsmouth or Gallia. They can matchup with Ironton up front. At the skills and per depth. It's also gonna be a physical game & it's gonna take 4 quarters of focus & effort. Irontons size & speed will not intimidate or impress Cin Syc. They are gonna have to fight tomorrow night. Not just bully. Gonna be a good one. Solid pickup by the AD/program on short notice. More of this going forward in the seasons to come please!!!!

Notice how different the vibe/body language is tomorrow night compared to last couple weeks. Its important. Emotion is a great intangible at this level. Lets see if the sophmore qb is a game manager under potential duress. Lets see if Ironton can limit mistakes against an opponent who can capitalize on mistakes. And lets see how Ironton responds to a team who can push them down the field and can break open big chunk plays with their speed.

Game of the week.

You said mistakes. And. All I think about is the 2019 Ashland game.

I truly think that catapulted them to the State Championship Game in Canton. To me I-Town was a complete different team after that week and seemed to recapture that “eye of the tiger” kinda of like Creed helped Balboa in Rocy III.
. And sometimes you need just that. Little humbling from the good lord never hurts anyone. And I would thank him it came in the regular season Not the post.

You definitely don’t want to see it again. But if it was to happen this week would be better than week after next on a Saturday night on the banks of the OH River......
Last edited by countywide35 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

After watching both of Sycamores games ironton definitely better be ready if it were not for a bunch of small mistakes this team could have won both games i saw them lose

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:15 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:40 pm Ironton is going to have to do something tomorrow night, that they have NOT had to do as of yet.

Limit mistakes.

Game of the week.

I truly think that catapulted them to the State Championship Game in Canton. To me I-Town was a complete different team after that week. And sometimes you need just that. Have mercy after the Ashland game (2019) those fellers were on a mission!! Little humbling from the good lord never hurts anyone. And I would thank him it came in the regular season Not the post.

You definitely don’t want to see it again. But if it was to happen this week would be better than week after next on a Saturday night on the banks of the OH River......
That Ashland game however, did not help them against Kirtland. It's gotta be a singular complete effort to limit mistakes every week from here on out, and tomorrow night for sure, because Cin Syc can catch em if not. Big ball game. Has that old feel to it. Gonna be a fun one to watch.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:50 pm After watching both of Sycamores games ironton definitely better be ready if it were not for a bunch of small mistakes this team could have won both games i saw them lose
Absolutely. They are not a pushover by any stretch. How fans are already calling for an easy win is inconceivable to me. Thankful that kinda nonsensical ish isnt a part of that staff. This isnt an ovc or soc team. Cin Syc has the ability to turn Irontons lights out in their own building if they dont limit mistakes, turnovers, and tackle well, and EVEN then, its gonna be a 4 quarter ball game. Ironton hasnt had to go the distance yet.

Buckle up for this one imo - its gonna be a thriller.
Last edited by SpeedKillz on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 pm

Limit mistakes.

Game of the week.

I truly think that catapulted them to the State Championship Game in Canton. To me I-Town was a complete different team after that week. And sometimes you need just that. Have mercy after the Ashland game (2019) those fellers were on a mission!! Little humbling from the good lord never hurts anyone. And I would thank him it came in the regular season Not the post.

That Ashland game however, did not help them against Kirtland. It's gotta be a singular complete effort to limit mistakes every week from here on out, and tomorrow night for sure, because Cin Syc can catch em if not. Big ball game. Has that old feel to it. Gonna be a fun one to watch.

Great points.....and I was not trying to Justify sloppy football. Just saying that if it was to happen. Nows the time.
Not week after next!!
E
And far as Kirtland. Geeze o Pete. I read (not just yours) but LOTS of people seem that this mighty mighty Kirtland is god
of D-V Football n just embarrassed the tigers last year. I thought Ironton matched up quite well and played well. Played hard. And I don’t know a school in SEO that would not have traded them spots that night. And I believe that had the 1st half ended differently.
I think it’s a different score when the clock hit zero after the 4th.

Kirtland. Beatable for sure!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:50 pm After watching both of Sycamores games ironton definitely better be ready if it were not for a bunch of small mistakes this team could have won both games i saw them lose

As we said D1 school. They will come to play.

But also agreed about another thing.

Cincinnati Scyamore will forever remember the night they play the Ironton Tigers. (That saying sounds familiar; why?)

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:08 pm
Absolutely. They are not a pushover by any stretch. How fans are already calling for an easy win is inconceivable to me. Thankful that kinda nonsensical ish isnt a part of that staff. This isnt an ovc or soc team. Cin Syc has the ability to turn Irontons lights out in their own building if they dont limit mistakes, turnovers, and tackle well, and EVEN then, its gonna be a 4 quarter ball game. Ironton hasnt had to go the distance yet.

I’m going to assume that thosepredicting an easy win hasn’t suited up on Friday nights , did not do what it takes to start in a Friday night , and fully don’t understand the game of football.

Cause to those of us that have and do........there is NOTHING easy about beating a D-1 team out of the inner city of Cincy.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:12 pm

Great points.....and I was not trying to Justify sloppy football. Just saying that if it was to happen. Nows the time.
Not week after next!!
E
And far as Kirtland. Geeze o Pete. I read (not just yours) but LOTS of people seem that this mighty mighty Kirtland is god
of D-V Football n just embarrassed the tigers last year. I thought Ironton matched up quite well and played well. Played hard. And I don’t know a school in SEO that would not have traded them spots that night. And I believe that had the 1st half ended differently.

Ya know what I seen against Kirtland?

I seen a team that was a step slow at every position get beat on their assignments, tackles and coverages. I seen a Kirtland LB core that LIVED in Irontons backfield, AND I seen Kirtlands ability to disrupt make Irontons offense one dimensional. They dominated Irontons run game and made Carrico and Salyers look lumbering and slow. They exposed Irontons secondary and they are not even a pass oriented team by any stretch. And as I understand it, Kirtland hasnt lost a step. Ironton is gonna need to get better in the next few weeks. This game will def help.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:18 pm

I’m going to assume that thosepredicting an easy win hasn’t suited up on Friday nights , did not do what it takes to start in a Friday night , and fully don’t understand the game of football.

Cause to those of us that have and do........there is NOTHING easy about beating a D-1 team out of the inner city of Cincy.
Agreed 100% Like I said, this is gonna be a 4 quarters game. Irontons first test.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Ironton will benefit with a harder game. Last thing they needed was a half dozen cupcakes followed by a bye week entering the playoffs

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 pm

Not week after next!!
E

I seen a team that was a step slow at every position get beat on their assignments, tackles and coverages. I seen a Kirtland LB core that LIVED in Irontons backfield, AND I seen Kirtlands ability to disrupt make Irontons offense one dimensional. They dominated Irontons run game and made Carrico and Salyers look lumbering and slow. They exposed Irontons secondary and they are not even a pass oriented team by any stretch. And as I understand it, Kirtland hasnt lost a step. Ironton is gonna need to get better in the next few weeks. This game will def help.
I agree with both ironton does have a lot to clean up and improve to beat kirtland for sure if not it will just be another close game that you come out on the losing end of.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Not week after next!!
E

And of all that you said good about Kirtland and bad about Ironton. I still 110% believe that if the first half ended differently the game would have as well. The end of the 1st half set the rest of the game up. Kirtland coaches got to go into 1/2time dumping gas on a raging fire. Ironton went into 1/2needed brought back morale wise. At a state championship game talents there. Period. Neither team would’ve gotten there without some serious well coached talent. Who wins the game inside the game wins overall. Blocking tackling EXECUTE!!! They’ll get it. And they have gotten it.

To think back that at the end of 2017 clear to the end of the 2018 school year with NO COACH is flat impressive. Wasn’t Pendleton hired in June of 2018??? To 17mnths later in a state championship game ?? That’s gettin it done !! I so hope the kids get another crack at em here in the next 90days.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:43 pm

Not week after next!!
E

I agree with both ironton does have a lot to clean up and improve to beat kirtland for sure if not it will just be another close game that you come out on the losing end of.

The only thing Kirtland has on Ironton is they have been there more of late. Little more comfortable. Little more experience. I mean sh*t guys. You have a starting TB/ILB that’s a Power 5 commit !! And a slew of talent to go around him. I thought you guys had em a year ago before the last 2:00mins of the 1st half played out. It changed the entire game !!! especially the outcome !! I truly believe I-Town if given a chance will show why they should be back to back state champs !!!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

kantucky wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:34 pm Ironton will benefit with a harder game. Last thing they needed was a half dozen cupcakes followed by a bye week entering the playoffs
Agreed

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:44 pm

Not week after next!!
E

And of all that you said good about Kirtland and bad about Ironton. I still 110% believe that if the first half ended differently the game would have as well. The end of the 1st half set the rest of the game up. Kirtland coaches got to go into 1/2time dumping gas on a raging fire. Ironton went into 1/2needed brought back morale wise. At a state championship game talents there. Period. Neither team would’ve gotten there without some serious well coached talent. Who wins the game inside the game wins overall. Blocking tackling EXECUTE!!! They’ll get it. And they have gotten it.

To think back that at the end of 2017 clear to the end of the 2018 school year with NO COACH is flat impressive. Wasn’t Pendleton hired in June of 2018??? To 17mnths later in a state championship game ?? That’s gettin it done !! I so hope the kids get another crack at em here in the next 90days.

The stats showed a team ( kirtland) who controlled the line of scrimmage as well as the game, for 4 quarters. Only the score itself was close.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:24 pm

Agreed 100% Like I said, this is gonna be a 4 quarters game. Irontons first test.

And much much needed. A state championship team needs character, guts, grit the refuse to lose mentality. And character is hard to build while the JVs are earning a varsity letter over 1/2of the entire game ha. Considering these don’t help getting in the playoffs. It sure helps to prepare. It’s the time of year that teams that don’t EXACUTE are exposed. Be perfect at the little things.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:55 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:24 pm

And much much needed. A state championship team needs character, guts, grit the refuse to lose mentality. And character is hard to build while the JVs are earning a varsity letter over 1/2of the entire game ha. Considering these don’t help getting in the playoffs. It sure helps to prepare. It’s the time of year that teams that don’t EXACUTE are exposed. Be perfect at the little things.
Absolutely. Steel sharpens steel.

Return to “Football”