OHSAA Shortens season

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: OHSAA Shortens season

Post by Omega »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:38 pm College was canceled over greed. Schools realized they won’t make much if any with no fans in the stands.

The old cut your losses gambit. If you cannot enhance revenue, minimize your expenses by not playing.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

Throughout the history of our planet we've had..... Snowball Earth, Fireball Earth and now we have Cottonball Earth...… because we are so soft. The previous 2 were also extinction periods. We'll see how this plays out.

BTW, I knew this was all coming when college's starting offering scholarships for ESports...

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:32 pm
Carzycurt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:21 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:13 am

College football has no bearing over high school football.

The MAC cancelled because of money not safety.
Just curious is that why FCS cancelled as well? Money ?
In a nut shell, yes.
Ok

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I think HS football will be played in Ohio this fall. I think the schedule adjustment was a "Plea Bargain" with Husted/Dewine!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

LT Gov Jon Husted
Attachments
B0F18C7C-FBD4-4CC4-BE7E-2C74F7265455.jpeg

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Thoughts
Attachments
7712542A-505C-4B7C-9543-3772CDF63103.jpeg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:28 pmThoughts
Smart man. I shared the same thoughts a few days ago. Let’s help them stay healthy in a controlled environment and giving them an outlet.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’ll gladly stay home if they want no fans so the kids can enjoy a season. I can watch games any day of my life those kids get 4 years and some never get to play varsity until junior and senior seasons. Whatever gets them on the field I support.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Carzycurt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:09 am How does high school play in Athens county or any mac school county where college has been cancelled? I hope they play just curious of how that will work?

Make no mistake, the OHSAA plan is all about money too. They're worried that many playoff teams may be quarantined at playoff times, so why not just let everyone in so more games will be played. The more playoff games the more money they generate. So, just like the colleges, just follow the money and it's easy to figure out.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

High school can make solid money with the sale of livestream access imo. I for one would pay upwards of 100-200 dollars for full season access of my alma mater, and this also could even bring in more money with alumni who no longer reside in the region.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

hardhitter ll wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:20 am
Carzycurt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:09 am How does high school play in Athens county or any mac school county where college has been cancelled? I hope they play just curious of how that will work?

Make no mistake, the OHSAA plan is all about money too. They're worried that many playoff teams may be quarantined at playoff times, so why not just let everyone in so more games will be played. The more playoff games the more money they generate. So, just like the colleges, just follow the money and it's easy to figure out.
It was the governor who asked the OHSAA to get the season over sooner.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

It's going to get cancelled, no way it survives with all the colleges canceling all fall sports.
Just get ready

Beergogglebluez
SE

justpassinthru wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am It's going to get cancelled, no way it survives with all the colleges canceling all fall sports.
Just get ready
The look on dewines face yesterday when that reporter told him the big 10 just cancelled was shock. I kind of think they were waiting for what they decided. If you are going to play 6 why not 10? Everything about this is confusing. If you opt out of playoffs you can still play 4 games. Then just leave it alone and play. What a mess. I’m on the fence of the kids play. If they do awesome but if they cancel it doesn’t surprise me.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Okay, and they figured out a way to still make money from the playoffs. Again, follow the money.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

justpassinthru wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am It's going to get cancelled, no way it survives with all the colleges canceling all fall sports.
Just get ready
The big 10 decision is about money. Dewine said you can’t make decisions based on a vacuum. Basically one decision doesn’t always fit the mold of the other. He’s going to look foolish canceling now more than ever.

Beergogglebluez
SE

hardhitter ll wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:17 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Okay, and they figured out a way to still make money from the playoffs. Again, follow the money.
Absolutely. There’s money behind this. Every team in the playoffs makes up a huge loss.

Return to “Football”