Ironton suspends all athletic/ Positive covid test

SpeedKillz

Ironton suspends all athletic/ Positive covid test

Post by SpeedKillz »

Student athlete tests positive. Ironton athletics suspends athletics until further notice.

Prime Time
S

Re: Ironton suspends all athletic/ Positive covid test

Post by Prime Time »

Hope this person a full recovery, God Speed. Wear masks, social distance.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I'm so sorry to hear this. This group of boys are so special and they've worked so darned hard. We've got about a month to go. If people will start doing the right things we might see this starting to turn around

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

kantucky wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:51 am I'm so sorry to hear this. This group of boys are so special and they've worked so darned hard. We've got about a month to go. If people will start doing the right things we might see this starting to turn around
Unfortunately decisions have to be made well before week 1, so we've got about 1 week to decide really.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:27 am
kantucky wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:51 am I'm so sorry to hear this. This group of boys are so special and they've worked so darned hard. We've got about a month to go. If people will start doing the right things we might see this starting to turn around
Unfortunately decisions have to be made well before week 1, so we've got about 1 week to decide really.
And unfortunately if you are going by the numbers right now, we are not having a season. It is just to risky.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

and who actually believes those numbers are correct? We said, increase in testing will result in increase number of cases and not to be alarmed.. but now we are freaking out because the media has told us to.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

There will not be a season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:22 pm There will not be a season.
Then what are we waiting for? Get the announcement over with already

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

When did we go from flattening the curve, to we have to prevent infections period? One positive shuts everything down? Come on.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

No idea how many were Ironton football players, but looking at the data, Lawrence County has 12 males in the 0-19 age group who have tested positive. In comparison, Scioto has 5 and Pike has 1 in the same time frame. Something different is happening in the county.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

What are admissions, icu and deaths for the county? Those numbers are what should be driving policy, not solely positive tests. At this rate, if our goal is for no one to test positive, we are barking up the wrong tree. Obviously I’m not an epidemiologist, but this will go on forever with that strategy.

Football_fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Football_fanatic »

bfry wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:50 pm What are admissions, icu and deaths for the county? Those numbers are what should be driving policy, not solely positive tests. At this rate, if our goal is for no one to test positive, we are barking up the wrong tree. Obviously I’m not an epidemiologist, but this will go on forever with that strategy.

Exactly. I feel icu and mortality rates are just as, if not, more important than the total number of cases, but the media and some people tend to ignore/or overlook those stats and focus solely on the number of cases.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Exactly...I thought originally everything was geared toward "flattening the curve" to not overwhelm the healthcare system and "herd immunity". For herd immunity to be achieved, people have to get and get over the virus don't they?

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

That is the problem though, currently it is believed that you can contract the disease a second time. As far as its fatality rate, it's much lower than was anticipated when it first came into the United States, thank God! However, the disease can still be wicked and cause many long-term symptoms and problems among survivors. And that can be any age survivors.

Currently, our church is not holding services for two more weeks after three of our members have contracted covid. One I do not know who it is, another is someone in their mid-30s who's been battling it for almost 2 weeks and really having some problems. Another is a 69 year old man who is in intensive care under an oxygen tent. He's been sick now for a week and a half. Now I know a lot of you young people on here think 69 is old, but I am 66 years old and 69 doesn't seem that old at all. Not to mention he was a very healthy man before he became ill and is a Good Man too. If you pray, please lift him up.

As For me, I would be a okay if they would have a season and let us all watch over the web. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be at Wheelersburg that first game and watch the teams come out on the field. I don't know where you could ever get so much wonderful entertainment for so little money. I know how difficult it is going to be for me to face not having a season if it comes to that but I couldn't imagine the boys that have work so hard, especially the seniors, and have this taken from them.

One Thing I will say though, same thing I said about last year's seniors, hey it's nothing to face what the class of 1942 was looking at. Those boys knew what they were getting ready to do

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

What ya gonna need to understand:

If in person learning & fall sports continue: every time 1 kid test positive - EVERYTHING SHUTS DOWN for 2 weeks. That = no continuity.

With that in mind, you should begin coming to terms w it now.

School will be all virtual through at least xmas & fall sports will cancel.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

RN they are easing you into this reality ( no fall sports) cause unfortunately there are too many hick trump cucks that dont understand science or expotentials and wait for a twitter acct to ration them their talking points.

For that stupidity - losing football is the stupid prize. Congrats.

"Hoax" = Lmao. Yup. & the earth is also flat. 😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:35 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:22 pm There will not be a season.
Then what are we waiting for? Get the announcement over with already
Pulling off the band aid slow cause white middle americans fall apart when things like math and science are suggested instead of a tin pot twitter trolls tweets. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe they can "pray" it away. 😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Maybe the trump doctor can stop the demon sex JUST in time. 😂😂😂
Attachments
IMG_20200727_001830_159.jpg

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:29 pm Maybe the trump doctor can stop the demon sex JUST in time. 😂😂😂
Sounds like Biden talking😂😂😂...my 50years of my life..😂😂😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:29 pm Maybe the trump doctor can stop the demon sex JUST in time. 😂😂😂
Sounds like Biden talking😂😂😂...my 50years of my life..😂😂😂
Sounds like no chance for fall sports to me. 🤷‍♂️

http://wchstv.com/news/local/teachers-r ... ntry-plans

Return to “Football”