Jackson vs Logan Elm...Sectional Final

football life
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson vs Logan Elm...Sectional Final

Post by football life »

bman wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:22 pm
Braves00 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:13 pm Nobody on here is giving LE credit after beating MT by 25 without one of their best players sidelined due to a wrist injury
Don't you normally complain about Logan Elm?

He read a couple of articles or stat lines and became a bandwagon expert, again....

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Good luck Jackson

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Jackson by 15+

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Falcon01 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:26 am Jackson by 15+
I'll take the Ironmen by about the same margin as you have, I'll also promise you that whoever guards Caleb Wallis will know that he has put in a good nights work.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:28 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:33 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:53 am You know...I don’t know who is going to win this game but man could we get less credit? Jackson is 20-3, has the best player in the SE District tournament has throttled some quality opponents by large numbers, broken some spirits of teams along the way. Yeah, we’re upsettable just like every other team still playing but my lord we’ve had a tremendous season and have played great nearly every quarter the past 10 or so games. Fully healthy, great seniors, great shooters, great coaching staff as well. We are better than any team Logan Elm has beaten. We’ll be more than ready to prevent the upset so many are saying will happen.

Jackson 59
Logan Elm 51

I92.......I was thinking the exact same thing !!!! Talk about Coach Morrow getting a wall full of bulletin board material!!! There’s no doubt in my mind they’ll be ready to play even more and now the Ironmen have a chip on their shoulder coming with them !! Get after em boys ......make sure they know Ironmen back down from NO ONE.....
I really don't think Coach Morrow will need to pluck any material from this site for bulletin board material, lol. Jackson is playing lights out right now. LE has some shooters, but I'd be surprised if they can hang.

More of a follow up to I92 response......Ironmen wasn’t getting much respect at first on here...when Ironmen get poked Ironmen tend to poke back😬

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Jackson has been in pflyod’s top 3 the entire season and most people thought they should’ve gotten the top overall seed in d2. Playing the underdog disrespect role is fun, but it doesn’t really fit this years Jackson team.

Rick Vice 5
Waterboy

Post by Rick Vice 5 »

Logan Elm by 11

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3sUp wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:52 am Jackson has been in pflyod’s top 3 the entire season and most people thought they should’ve gotten the top overall seed in d2. Playing the underdog disrespect role is fun, but it doesn’t really fit this years Jackson team.
No, but it’s fitting this thread...not so much underdog (I think a couple more have picked us than them but we’ve been awfully good. I feel it’s more of the we all know Logan Elm is always really good with a longtime great coach and Jackson while very good the last two years...to many still a football school and can’t quite trust the Jackson name in basketball yet.

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

Logan Elm by 15+.I just don't see Jackson showing up to play. if you are 5'8 or shorter you get every foul call.This is how Jackson has survived. Caleb's 1000 points come from 600 free throws. I look forward to seeing Jacob Winters have a big game. Logan elms shooting is impeccable.Luke Baldwin and Isaac Ward will be too much of a duo for Jacksons district title dreams. Even if Jackson wins this game they will be one an done at the convo.

varsity 1000 point club 6th man
cubs1984
Waterboy

Post by cubs1984 »

cant attend, does anyone know of a live stream or radio broadcast i can catch?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

porkyfan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:43 am Logan Elm by 15+.I just don't see Jackson showing up to play. if you are 5'8 or shorter you get every foul call.This is how Jackson has survived. Caleb's 1000 points come from 600 free throws. I look forward to seeing Jacob Winters have a big game. Logan elms shooting is impeccable.Luke Baldwin and Isaac Ward will be too much of a duo for Jacksons district title dreams. Even if Jackson wins this game they will be one an done at the convo.
Stop. Ridiculously insulting and ignorant

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:25 am
porkyfan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:43 am Logan Elm by 15+.I just don't see Jackson showing up to play. if you are 5'8 or shorter you get every foul call.This is how Jackson has survived. Caleb's 1000 points come from 600 free throws. I look forward to seeing Jacob Winters have a big game. Logan elms shooting is impeccable.Luke Baldwin and Isaac Ward will be too much of a duo for Jacksons district title dreams. Even if Jackson wins this game they will be one an done at the convo.
Stop. Ridiculously insulting and ignorant
This is totally inaccurate. Wallis is 5’8 and a half with that hairdo so your theory is busted

wowyourgood
Waterboy

Post by wowyourgood »

The craziest thing I have ever heard, absolutely nuts."logan elm by 15+" have you even watched Ironmen basketball this year.You might have me convinced your blind. The Ironmen have been lights out this year. Wdym one and done at the convo. This game is going to be harder to come through than the convo is, if were being honest here this game really isn't even a challenge. so STOP buddy.

tiger1979
Waterboy

Post by tiger1979 »

Unbelievable. Jackson by 70

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

I have only seen this Jackson team once, the other night against Greenfield McClain. I've seen Fairfield Union a few times this year and unfortunately I have to say FU is slightly better and they have the size and the athletes to keep up with Jackson so I have to say the seeding between 1 and 2 is accurate. That's not a slight against Jackson at all, maybe after tomorrow my mind can be changed.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The Logan Elm posters on here (excluding Braves00 who usually bashes the team but for some reason is taking a different tune) have acknowledged Logan Elm has an uphill battle against a pretty good Jackson team, especially with maybe still missing a key starter for the game. Logan Elm has some height issues that are a concern going into every game, but we know they'll play very hard and it should be a good game.

I haven't seen Jackson, but it has an impressive record and I've heard really good things about them.

Folks like to pick upsets and Logan Elm is more of a basketball name in SE Ohio than Jackson, so it's a hot pick with Logan Elm being the lower seed. I'd favor Jackson somewhere around 57-44, but I haven't been too hot on my point spreads lately.

Good luck to both teams and hope for an injury-free game.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

bman wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:35 pm The Logan Elm posters on here (excluding Braves00 who usually bashes the team but for some reason is taking a different tune) have acknowledged Logan Elm has an uphill battle against a pretty good Jackson team, especially with maybe still missing a key starter for the game. Logan Elm has some height issues that are a concern going into every game, but we know they'll play very hard and it should be a good game.

I haven't seen Jackson, but it has an impressive record and I've heard really good things about them.

Folks like to pick upsets and Logan Elm is more of a basketball name in SE Ohio than Jackson, so it's a hot pick with Logan Elm being the lower seed. I'd favor Jackson somewhere around 57-44, but I haven't been too hot on my point spreads lately.

bman, your right Braves00 (Travis Hill) is the site troll. I have only seen him at 2 LE games this year and shows he doesn't know much about the game.
From what I seen out of Jackson the other day they are built very similar to LE smaller size, play very fast good defenders, don't make a lot of mistakes and the Wallis kid is a tough defender who really makes that team go. If he can do his thing LE will have more than a uphill battle. If LE can contain him or frustrate him, play mistake free basketball and shoot well then I think LE wins this one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BUCKEYES wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:00 pm
bman wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:35 pm The Logan Elm posters on here (excluding Braves00 who usually bashes the team but for some reason is taking a different tune) have acknowledged Logan Elm has an uphill battle against a pretty good Jackson team, especially with maybe still missing a key starter for the game. Logan Elm has some height issues that are a concern going into every game, but we know they'll play very hard and it should be a good game.

bman, your right Braves00 (Travis Hill) is the site troll. I have only seen him at 2 LE games this year and shows he doesn't know much about the game.
From what I seen out of Jackson the other day they are built very similar to LE smaller size, play very fast good defenders, don't make a lot of mistakes and the Wallis kid is a tough defender who really makes that team go. If he can do his thing LE will have more than a uphill battle. If LE can contain him or frustrate him, play mistake free basketball and shoot well then I think LE wins this one.
Well said. Wallis is the guy but we have had Hammond/Kuhn/Bragg all go 15+ multiple times each. Donaldson/Brown/Spires are guys that score 8+ points a lot, Winters has been double digits.

It’s not a consistency like Wallis but our top 8 have had fine seasons.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:56 pm
BUCKEYES wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Well said. Wallis is the guy but we have had Hammond/Kuhn/Bragg all go 15+ multiple times each. Donaldson/Brown/Spires are guys that score 8+ points a lot, Winters has been double digits.

It’s not a consistency like Wallis but our top 8 have had fine seasons.
Ironman92, you've probably watched a lot more of Jackson than I have, probably been to all their games. Would you say that if Wallis has a bad game then Jackson would struggle?
I agree jackson is a complete team no real weak spots that I seen the other night. It just seemed like to me that team goes when he goes, would you agree?

Return to “Boys Basketball”