tOSU vs Penn State

countywide35
SEOP

Re: tOSU vs Penn State

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:27 pm Plenty of things to fix this coming week before The Game

we needed this red...……...BAD...…..coach day isn't 14-0 for nothing...……….he will clean it up...…….good win...….much needed to get battle tested...……..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Fields doesn't appear to be seriously hurt. Bucks win, go 11-0. Too much talk about the doom of Penn St. They are solid but let's be honest, if not for turnovers this would've been a blowout. Teaching moments coming. This might have been what the Buckeyes needed. TTUN should be very worried about a focused, pissed-off team coming to town.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

3 turnovers, one cost Ohio State a sure TD and two gave Penn State 10 points.

Ohio State will get this stuff fixed.

Defense is legit.

Good test in the rain against a quality opponent.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

before anybody starts talking about ohio state struggled today. just remember we were playing the 8th ranked team in the country. and they were 9-1. we weren't doing like the sec/acc does and playing all fcs schools the week before our biggest rivalry week. i agree we looked out of synch offensively after we got up 21, but again we weren't playing the citadel, samford, wofford or mercer. crunch time we got the job done. amd that my friends is 14-0 for coach ryan day.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

We needed this BAD

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Buckeyes finally punched in the mouth and extended to the fourth quarter. As others have said, this was a needed challenge and the Bucks responded by overcoming three turnovers that resulted in a 17 point swing at the expense of OSU. Also PSU should be commended. Their front seven created the turnovers and hurried Fields for most of the game.

OSU gained 417 total yards. 188 passing, 229 rushing.
Fields was 16 of 22 for 188, with 2 TD's and no ints.
Dobbins carried 36 times for 157 and 2 TD's.
One key stat was that the Bucks had 35 min of time of possession.

The Lions had 227 total yards, 128 passing 99 rushing.

The Bucks are now in the Big10 CCG. Michigan and their new found passing game will have OSU on possible upset alert next week. The Wolves will have nothing to lose.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Omega wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:21 pm Also PSU should be commended. Their front seven created the turnovers and hurried Fields for most of the game.

Now here is ( Omega) an honest OSU fan. OSU didn't create the turnovers on their own! "THEMSELVES"! :lol: :lol: Where is 9 and 5? Would love to see what he has to say. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't know who I will really root for this coming Saturday now, but hoping to see OSU/LSU go at it. It's looming, and a very good chance it will happen.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I just watched the Gameday pregame and can safely say it wasn't a boycott outside the stadium, sea of fans as far as the eye can see. Well the Bucks finally got tested today. It was nice to see for a change to see how they would react. Defense played pretty good I thought but the backup QB missed a possible long TD pass on the pick with about ten minutes to go. Hamler was open, had one man to beat then he was gone! Don't know if Clifford would have seen him or not but it would have been interesting. Other than that I thought the defense played pretty well. Offense had an off day for them with all the turnovers. That better not happen in the playoffs or they will be done.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Give Penn State a lot of credit, they played very hard the whole game. I think the turnovers did play a big part in the final score, but that's why they play 4 Quarters. I think I will still take an ugly win over a pretty loss.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:21 pm Buckeyes finally punched in the mouth and extended to the fourth quarter. As others have said, this was a needed challenge and the Bucks responded by overcoming three turnovers that resulted in a 17 point swing at the expense of OSU. Also PSU should be commended. Their front seven created the turnovers and hurried Fields for most of the game.

OSU gained 417 total yards. 188 passing, 229 rushing.
Fields was 16 of 22 for 188, with 2 TD's and no ints.
Dobbins carried 36 times for 157 and 2 TD's.
One key stat was that the Bucks had 35 min of time of possession.

The Lions had 227 total yards, 128 passing 199 rushing.

The Bucks are now in the Big10 CCG. Michigan and their new found passing game will have OSU on possible upset alert next week. The Wolves will have nothing to lose.

No upset talk. All business. They gonna go up across the border and make harbaugh look for a job

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:21 pm Give Penn State a lot of credit, they played very hard the whole game. I think the turnovers did play a big part in the final score, but that's why they play 4 Quarters. I think I will still take an ugly win over a pretty loss.

Well said

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Amen to that! I win is a win is win. Just heard Herbstreit on Gameday say Ohio State would still be in playoffs even if they lost to TTUN and won the BIG Champ, no bias from him!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 pm
Omega wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:21 pm Also PSU should be commended. Their front seven created the turnovers and hurried Fields for most of the game.

Now here is ( Omega) an honest OSU fan. OSU didn't create the turnovers on their own! "THEMSELVES"! :lol: :lol: Where is 9 and 5? Would love to see what he has to say. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't know who I will really root for this coming Saturday now, but hoping to see OSU/LSU go at it. It's looming, and a very good chance it will happen.

It’s gonna happen. I’ve rooted for the Athens kid every Gabe the last two years but there is gonna be one I am not. Chase young gonna get nasty on burrow

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Poopfoot I been waiting on the responses to see if my hunch was right and sure enough,,, Some Columbus fans are already making the excuses up. Tiger kitten I notice you put down another conference for playing fcs teams this week...... Well columbus just got done playing two of them themselves before today,,,, at least I couldn't tell the difference ,,,,,,,,and yes i know they are in the same conference as my team but cmon they are sad.....columbus gets a little wake up before rolling into the nightmare next week!!!!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:51 am

Poopfoot I been waiting on the responses to see if my hunch was right and sure enough,,, Some Columbus fans are already making the excuses up. Tiger kitten I notice you put down another conference for playing fcs teams this week...... Well columbus just got done playing two of them themselves before today,,,, at least I couldn't tell the difference ,,,,,,,,and yes i know they are in the same conference as my team but cmon they are sad.....columbus gets a little wake up before rolling into the nightmare next week!!!!!!!
The difference being OSU can do nothing about the conference games they play while Alabama and other SEC powerhouses can do something about their non conference schedule - that’s embarrassing who they play.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

you in ''general'' don't make a whole lotta sense to me. but I like it. ohio state had just the right kinda game they need coming into 'THE GAME'' in front of God, espn and the whole nation. the 2 winningest college football programs in college football history. and I was just getting whiskers on my chin, and hair in my nose the last time Michigan beat us, er so it seems. harbaugh and his team are looking much better right now. and this should be a classic. I certainly hope field's wrist or forearm is not hurt badly. I saw when it happened, and he was wincing on the bench well before they mentioned it. if you noticed he could not wrap the ball up with his left hand. but it is his non dominant, non throwing hand. and he does not need to be our running game with jk dobbins and master Teague. and occasional sprint on an rpo, and slide n get down. early on in the game I was just cringing because he was running so much. what I didn't get was we were having great success pounding the interior of penn state's defense. reeling off huge run plays. and then we start doing these long, backwards, slow developing sweeps. which gives lineman time to get separated blocking, and pressure to get through. I thought penn state played a great game. closer than I expected , to be honest with you. but these 2 always make it a slugfest. and Michigan will be no different. like county aid. strap em up tight boys, bout to get real. I hope for a dry game as well. if you can't stop the run, then be a run team. but I'd like to see more screens and vertical passes deep. I absolutely loathe those sideway passes. somebody jumps a route and intercepts one and their gone. I honestly wished we would stop that. if you wanna throw short, then throw shallow slants, and screens or a running back coming out. but I hates them sideways passes.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:18 am

The difference being OSU can do nothing about the conference games they play while Alabama and other SEC powerhouses can do something about their non conference schedule - that’s embarrassing who they play.
Exactly

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

So if columbus can't get out of their conference schedule late in the year,,,,,,, how in the world are them teams down there supposed to come up here and play them,,,,, as someone suggested on another thread ? You columbus people can only see it one way with them bright scarlett glasses you always wear....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:12 pm So if columbus can't get out of their conference schedule late in the year,,,,,,, how in the world are them teams down there supposed to come up here and play them,,,,, as someone suggested on another thread ? You columbus people can only see it one way with them bright scarlett glasses you always wear....
What does that have anything to do with equal conference games (9) and not playing FCS schools?

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Columbus has the worst cry baby fans in any conference......They have excuses even when they win...........Looking through the scarlet glasses again and again........They kittens didn't cause any of their mistakes or turnovers.......sometime you just have to give Columbus fans some pacifier booby and overlook the little babies..............

Return to “College Sports”