Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

14U
S

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by 14U »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 pm Is No. 9 for Ridgewood going to be able to play? He took a pretty big shot last night in the first half and never returned.

If Ironton can get to the QB and keep him from having time finding the deep receivers they can win this game. He also likes to tuck it and run when nothing is there. No. 6 is a great WR. Very good at getting behind the defense.
It wasn’t he had time to throw the ball but burg Dbacks didn’t stay on their man as the ridgewood received were wide open by 10-15 yards 40 plus yards downfield. It was like burg thought that ridgewood QB couldn’t throw that far!! QB just threw the ball far as he could and they were there catching it. Ridgewood did it all night and burg backs still wouldn’t keep them in front of them always behind burg. Ridgewood had I think 3 and 12 at the 1 yard line and ran around to throw the ball 50 yards plus for a player wide open, first play of game hit a player 45 yards on run no burg defender on him, 3 and long another 40 plus pass first down I could go on with more. Watching ridgewood QB on internet everybody knew he could throw that ball and throw it well!! burg Dbacks got burnt all night with the receivers always behind them. Ironton will do a better job on keeping them in front or they better!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:49 pm You can park at the neighborhood McDonalds and take an uber for 3.00 if your worried about parking.
funny story about that mcdonald's in ny. me and my boys, and pappy bait. and remember fuzzhead from coal grove all went to that game. I drove. we get out at that mcdonald's to take a leak and stretch our legs. true story. I was chattin with everybody not payin attention to what I was doing. and I walk into the restroom about to explode from drinking a schooner full of luzianne sweet tea. I walk in to use the urinal. and instead there's 2 stalls. still never thought a thing about it. ole bait hears somebody on the commode next to him and they was struggling then I hear this big ole fart, and it sounded like a dam breaking. and I thought it was fuzzhead. I beller ''hey fuzzy, is that you in there ???????. you okay in there,??????????''. I hear no reply. and I step out of the restroom, and here stands my whole crew staring at me. and out walks fuzzhead from the other bathroom , bout the same time. and it hit me, I turned around and looked. I had accidentally walked in to the woman's rest room. I'm turning back around and see my posse laughing hysterically. I was like guys we gotta get outta here. and I slither out the door, and we are walking to the van. and I tell em, you think that's funny, wait till I tell you what I asked fuzzy, cept it wasn't fuzzy. i'll never forget that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well going into week 11 there were a lot of doubts about Ridgewood by certain posters on here, one went so far as saying they weren't the monster under the bridge everyone was making them out to be. Here we are week 13 and I don't think anyone is doubting why some, myself included had Ridgewood as the favorite to come out of this region. Their offense is very dynamic and the QB is a beast and makes plays when there isn't anything there. People have mentioned Ironton needs to run the ball to keep Ridgewood's offense on the sideline, which is true. However, Ridgewood is very tough defensively, they fly to the ball and rarely miss tackles, you look at weeks 11 and 12 and they've faced Parker and Mathews arguably 2 of the top 3 runners in SEO this year, Parker 15 carries 73 yards, Mathews 14 carries 35 yards. It'll be sledding for that Ironton offense, I haven't seen Ironton yet this year and I waited last week because I felt they'd beat AC to advance to play Ridgewood. I know they're tough defensively but I look at the schedule and I'm not blown away, rooting for Ironton to pull out the win for SEO however I think Ridgewood comes away with this one by 3 scores.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:46 am
BigBoneJerome wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:49 pm You can park at the neighborhood McDonalds and take an uber for 3.00 if your worried about parking.
funny story about that mcdonald's in ny. me and my boys, and pappy bait. and remember fuzzhead from coal grove all went to that game. I drove. we get out at that mcdonald's to take a leak and stretch our legs. true story. I was chattin with everybody not payin attention to what I was doing. and I walk into the restroom about to explode from drinking a schooner full of luzianne sweet tea. I walk in to use the urinal. and instead there's 2 stalls. still never thought a thing about it. ole bait hears somebody on the commode next to him and they was struggling then I hear this big ole fart, and it sounded like a dam breaking. and I thought it was fuzzhead. I beller ''hey fuzzy, is that you in there ???????. you okay in there,??????????''. I hear no reply. and I step out of the restroom, and here stands my whole crew staring at me. and out walks fuzzhead from the other bathroom , bout the same time. and it hit me, I turned around and looked. I had accidentally walked in to the woman's rest room. I'm turning back around and see my posse laughing hysterically. I was like guys we gotta get outta here. and I slither out the door, and we are walking to the van. and I tell em, you think that's funny, wait till I tell you what I asked fuzzy, cept it wasn't fuzzy. i'll never forget that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Only thing better was if she had replied back to you. That would've cleaned out the pipes quick fast and in a hurry for you.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:08 pm Ridgewood is a great team I do think ironton can win but idk about beating them by 2-3 scores. Ironton just needs to control the ball and keep that QB off the field
This game isn’t going to be a 2 or 3 score game. It’s going to be a great game going 4 quarters with Ironton needing to hold on to the ball and no 100 yards in penalties or it’s will be a long night for the Fighting Tigers!! Ridgewood will make Ironton pay if all that happens again this week. Ridgewood doesn’t make mistakes or turn the ball over. Ridgewood is a very discipline football team with great coaching. This team is young and next year will be their year to run the table.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 am Ridgewood is going to spank Ironton. #2 is something special and Ironton just isn't as good as they're made out to be. 45-17 Ridgewood
I see someone's still salty. I suggest Burg watch the Tigers defense to learn how to tackle. Tigers are a different animal and will be more than up to this challenge. Btw pirate we were good enough to spank Burg and would have done it again. Just be happy about the season you had and get them tackling dummies out this winter. :D

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14U wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:39 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 pm Is No. 9 for Ridgewood going to be able to play? He took a pretty big shot last night in the first half and never returned.

If Ironton can get to the QB and keep him from having time finding the deep receivers they can win this game. He also likes to tuck it and run when nothing is there. No. 6 is a great WR. Very good at getting behind the defense.
It wasn’t he had time to throw the ball but burg Dbacks didn’t stay on their man as the ridgewood received were wide open by 10-15 yards 40 plus yards downfield. It was like burg thought that ridgewood QB couldn’t throw that far!! QB just threw the ball far as he could and they were there catching it. Ridgewood did it all night and burg backs still wouldn’t keep them in front of them always behind burg. Ridgewood had I think 3 and 12 at the 1 yard line and ran around to throw the ball 50 yards plus for a player wide open, first play of game hit a player 45 yards on run no burg defender on him, 3 and long another 40 plus pass first down I could go on with more. Watching ridgewood QB on internet everybody knew he could throw that ball and throw it well!! burg Dbacks got burnt all night with the receivers always behind them. Ironton will do a better job on keeping them in front or they better!!
Hey now, Burg was strong against the pass was what was said all week, so apparently what the Ridgewood QB did should've been viewed as even more impressive. What I'm wondering though with the Ridgewood QB as he can throw and run the ball extremely well, but is more of his throws from the pocket or on the run?? If he's on the run more sounds like Ironton will need to play a contain defense and keep him in the pocket, if it doesn't matter then best hope the DL can get to him before he gets rid of it. With Ridgewood returning so many I would have to think they get them a state title shot either this year or next for sure.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

14U wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:08 pm Ridgewood is a great team I do think ironton can win but idk about beating them by 2-3 scores. Ironton just needs to control the ball and keep that QB off the field
This game isn’t going to be a 2 or 3 score game. It’s going to be a great game going 4 quarters with Ironton needing to hold on to the ball and no 100 yards in penalties or it’s will be a long night for the Fighting Tigers!! Ridgewood will make Ironton pay if all that happens again this week. Ridgewood doesn’t make mistakes or turn the ball over. Ridgewood is a very discipline football team with great coaching. This team is young and next year will be their year to run the table.
Somebody else said they would win by 2/3 scores I said I don’t know about that.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: Only thing better was if she had replied back to you. That would've cleaned out the pipes quick fast and in a hurry for you.
goose I still ain't never heard the last of it. seems to get brought up at every family get together. I was just hopin fuzzy's spouse wasn't a guy like hulk Hogan or the undertaker er something, and her come out screaming at me. but I could tell they was busy in there, and would still have quite a bit of paperwork left to do.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:46 am Well going into week 11 there were a lot of doubts about Ridgewood by certain posters on here, one went so far as saying they weren't the monster under the bridge everyone was making them out to be. Here we are week 13 and I don't think anyone is doubting why some, myself included had Ridgewood as the favorite to come out of this region. Their offense is very dynamic and the QB is a beast and makes plays when there isn't anything there. People have mentioned Ironton needs to run the ball to keep Ridgewood's offense on the sideline, which is true. However, Ridgewood is very tough defensively, they fly to the ball and rarely miss tackles, you look at weeks 11 and 12 and they've faced Parker and Mathews arguably 2 of the top 3 runners in SEO this year, Parker 15 carries 73 yards, Mathews 14 carries 35 yards. It'll be sledding for that Ironton offense, I haven't seen Ironton yet this year and I waited last week because I felt they'd beat AC to advance to play Ridgewood. I know they're tough defensively but I look at the schedule and I'm not blown away, rooting for Ironton to pull out the win for SEO however I think Ridgewood comes away with this one by 3 scores.
Most of those yards by Parker came in the 2nd half against the backups when the game was decided. Same with most of the points the Wood has given up this year. Burg had one sustained drive that resulted in 7 points. The other 10 points were set up by 2 long kick returns by Burg. That was really the only thing the Wood had some trouble with, bad kick coverage and poor tackling on returns. I bet that is corrected this week.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:38 pm Burg pressured Woods qb Tingle all night just couldn't get to him he is very elusive and his receivers know where to be when he is scrambling. He has a very good arm and accurate. Not saying Ironton can't win just saying Tingle is gonna be the best QB they have seen. Ironton needs to watch film on him all week to get to know his tendencies because if he gets the time he is gonna pick your defense apart. And just a sophomore got 2 more years of him. But good luck Tigers keep southern Ohio football in the mix make us all proud and knock Ridgewood off they are very good but nothing is impossible. Burg had 5 personal foul penalties that killed a few drives and drove the ball good all night until they hit the red zone then Woods defense made the stops necessary to win the game. Burg got burnt 4 or 5 times on deep balls while Tingle was scrambling. But anyway good luck on an injury free game
Great post! That sums it up pretty good. Burg killed theirselves on penalties, turnovers(ridgewood made them pay), and burnt too many times on 3rd and longs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:57 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 am

goose I still ain't never heard the last of it. seems to get brought up at every family get together. I was just hopin fuzzy's spouse wasn't a guy like hulk Hogan or the undertaker er something, and her come out screaming at me. but I could tell they was busy in there, and would still have quite a bit of paperwork left to do.
Well now you get to return to the scene of the crime so I'm sure that'll be brought up all over again. Planning on making this trip and it will be my 1st trip to NY, see people complaining about parking as I look at it on googlemaps looks like there's not a lot of parking in the school area do they park elsewhere as well?? Also seating how many does this stadium hold?? I'm typically very early to the games but thought I'd find out before hand.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironton PPG - 39.08
Opponent PPG - 5.75
Differential: 33.33

Ridgewood PPG - 48.58
Opponent PPG - 12.25
Differential: 36.33

Good ole fashioned matchup between an electric high-powered offense and a super stout defense!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Good luck to both teams! I would love to see both Ironton and Ridgewood as non conference games on future NY schedules.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:56 am
14U wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:39 am

Hey now, Burg was strong against the pass was what was said all week, so apparently what the Ridgewood QB did should've been viewed as even more impressive. What I'm wondering though with the Ridgewood QB as he can throw and run the ball extremely well, but is more of his throws from the pocket or on the run?? If he's on the run more sounds like Ironton will need to play a contain defense and keep him in the pocket, if it doesn't matter then best hope the DL can get to him before he gets rid of it. With Ridgewood returning so many I would have to think they get them a state title shot either this year or next for sure.
Ridgewood QB was on the run and throwing the ball and threw it on target. Sometimes he was in pocket but it was spot passes. Threw to a place on field and receiver would run to that spot but that didn’t work as much as QB on the run and burg didn’t stay with receivers for long passes. Most those were on 3rd and long!! Yes this ridgewood team should have a State Title this or next year being a Sophomore, junior team with great discipline and coaching.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

physically, I think the tigers are up to any challenge in div. 5. mentally , can we put the physicality, and the mentality together, and not fumble, jump off sides, late hits and the like. at this point you're closing in on playing a season and a half. mental mistakes will kill you at this stage of the game. they simply can't happen against ridgewood, they got by with it with AC, because they were superior talent wise and the aces could not get any offense generated. but we'll have to put mental and physical together to beat ridgewood. I wish I could be there. I loved the folks in buckeye land. yes I can see seating being an issue. but we were always at games like 2 hours before they opened to get a seat. I couldn't even do that now. at the time , the restroom situation was a disaster and the lines were enourmously long. but it sounds like they have updated the facilities and bringing in extra bleachers. it's fine to stand, if you choose to, and are able to. but if you're not. you'll appreciate the extra bleachers. the thing is in games like this. you ain't just dealing with the crowds from the 2 cities involved. because there will be ton's of people from both fanbases outlying area that will be there. you'll see hats and jackets from schools all over southern ohio. but I love the fans, ay ny. cool stadium. and if the restroom and seating is addressed, iff you have never been there, it has that ole school feel like ironton.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Will have to replace a lot of offensively... Defensively we will be stout again.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:34 am Ironton just needs to put their best lock down CB on # 6 and their Defense will do the rest. Ridgewood hasn't seen a NG like Jr. Jones all year, he's a pure animal, so he'll get in Tingle's head! Just wait until #44 comes running the ball he's a HAAUSS!!

W'burg Db's were proabably the worst in the SOCII. Burg's D-line got the job done, and that what got them the SOCII, but R'Wood had the O-line to handle them. R'wood's Qb very similar to Minford's QB. I hoped that Minford kept throwing the deep ball moore against the Pirates, the same as r'wood did.

Defense wins Championships!!! Go Tigers!
Yes great read!! Ur first paragraph is head on with the Ironton players and ur second is too as DB’s we’re exposed bad. There were only two QB’s in SOC that could have hurt burg but one was hurt(waverly)the other, well you know very well, EGO coach wouldn’t listen until it was to late. Minford down 28-10 with 3 minutes to go in game and scored twice on long passes to get them back in the game just ran out of time!! Had the second onside kick too but got knocked away or Minford comes back down by 18 points. Just wonder if they listen to you all week? Throw deep is what you begged all week before game.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 am
Will have to replace a lot of offensively... Defensively we will be stout again.
What do you replace on offense?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 am ironton will not lose worse than burg did. Irontons defense is way better than burgs
I agree! If Ironton just plays Ironton football and pounds on ridgewood for 4 quarters and doesn’t turn the ball over and cut the penalties out they will be fine. But if they turn the ball over a lot and many penalties it’s going to be a long night for the Tigers!! Ridgewood will make the tigers pay for their mistakes!!

Return to “Football”