Week 12: WOOD BURG

kantucky
Varsity

Re: Week 12: WOOD BURG

Post by kantucky »

I have to hand it to the Wheelersburg's fans. Now, anyone who's watched me knows I've spoken glowingly of their program but guys, to be so confident facing a team like undefeated team Ridgewood, who have flat out steamrolled all their opponents..... when the Burg is 8 & 3 and just barely squeaked by Minford last week?....well, that's some optimism!

My hat's off to you for supporting your team in such a way

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You ever heard of strength of schedule!!! You think Wood would still be undefeated had they played Burg's schedule??

First off you would say no because they played your all mighty Tigers.

Bottom line is Ironton wants Wood to win so they don't have to face Burg again.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 pm You ever heard of strength of schedule!!! You think Wood would still be undefeated had they played Burg's schedule??

May I quote you on that? Wait, I just did!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 pm
:lol: Now that's some BS right there if I've ever heard it! Actually I've had a change to heart, I'm rooting for the Pirates against the Wood, b/c I'll eat a tub of popcorn and hot sauce every night listening to Burg and Ironton fans go at it. :lol:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Gee, another person with no interest in this game spouting off nonsense.

Surprised you didn't bring up how Ironton destroyed Burg or how Burg screwed Ashland or wait for it.............................................................

How Burg screwed Madison last year!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:15 pm
:lol: Now that's some BS right there if I've ever heard it! Actually I've had a change to heart, I'm rooting for the Pirates against the Wood, b/c I'll eat a tub of popcorn and hot sauce every night listening to Burg and Ironton fans go at it. :lol:

Yeah and I'm sure you would come on to that thread talking about how Burg screwed Ashland and then how Ashland screwed Ironton. You would have a field day with that thread wouldn't you!!!

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Now, that's funny! The thread would be 2,347 pages long before next Saturday rolls around

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Yeah and I'm sure you would come on to that thread talking about how Burg screwed Ashland and then how Ashland screwed Ironton. You would have a field day with that thread wouldn't you!!!
:lol: You know me too well! You do realize that the only reason why Ashland beat Ironton is b/c of the way Ashland was treated by the officials in W'burg a week earlier. :lol:

I'm sorry but you asked for that one! :lol:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:23 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:18 pm

:lol: You know me too well! You do realize that the only reason why Ashland beat Ironton is b/c of the way Ashland was treated by the officials in W'burg a week earlier. :lol:

I'm sorry but you asked for that one! :lol:

That's funny right there!!!!

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 pm You ever heard of strength of schedule!!! You think Wood would still be undefeated had they played Burg's schedule??

I'm not a fan of either of these but I'm still allowed to read and get my kicks.

No way in hell Arnton wants to play Ridgewood over Burg LMAO. Ridgewood will beat both of these Teams only difference is they will take Burg to the Woodshed no pun intended . And Ironton will give them some what of a game

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Knowitall222 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:43 pm

I'm not a fan of either of these but I'm still allowed to read and get my kicks.

No way in hell Arnton wants to play Ridgewood over Burg LMAO. Ridgewood will beat both of these Teams only difference is they will take Burg to the Woodshed no pun intended . And Ironton will give them some what of a game
Ok, I'm going have to call you out on this one. Burg to the Woodshed would be more of an allusion, not a pun.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I don't think they would because Ironton has trouble defending the pass. They got lucky in not facing any teams this year that pass the ball that much

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:57 pm

I don't think they would because Ironton has trouble defending the pass. They got lucky in not facing any teams this year that pass the ball that much
It wasn't my intention to hijack the thread. I was attempting to pay compliment to the fans there.

However, I have to disagree with you on claiming Ironton has some kind of glaring weakness in their defense. Admittedly, I was worried about the Fighting Tiger's offense for a good part of the season early on. That has evaporated for the most part. Now, the defense? I have never worried about it.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sure, you can read all day long. It's the ones that come on here crying about a game that happened in week 3

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:04 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:57 pm

It wasn't my intention to hijack the thread. I was attempting to pay compliment to the fans there.

However, I have to disagree with you on claiming Ironton has some kind of glaring weakness in their defense. Admittedly, I was worried about the Fighting Tiger's offense for a good part of the season early on. That has evaporated for the most part. Now, the defense? I have never worried about it.

What teams have they faced that threw the ball?

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

NoPain23 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:16 pm Wood vs. Ironton in the Regional final. Burg cannot keep up with ridgewood.
Who ever wins this game Ridgewood or Burg will beat Ironton for sure ….

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Tigers play Amanda, then whoever wins will prepare for next opponent. Trust me Tigers will be ok, a major factor IF we face Ridgewood - can Ridgewood handle Tigers D-line and linebackers to beat them with a passing game? I can't say one way or another not knowing anything about Ridgewood, but I do know Tigers have a solid defense and will be well prepared by Coach P for whoever is up next.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

"Bottom line is Ironton wants Wood to win so they don't have to face Burg again."

That's your fantasy, repeating it over and over won't make it true. No one in Ironton is worried about playing the Burg again. :roll:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:42 am Ridgewood beat Oak Hill in 2009 in round 2 at Lancaster, 20-12. Oak Hill last beat Burg in 2010 at Oak Hill, 29-22. Ridgewood’s all time playoff record is 7-13, including this year, with one Final Four appearance in 2009.
Well, I was close to being right. I just happened to be in the Lancaster area, and found out the game was to be played. I remember it being a very good game, I thought that if OH would have scored, that they would have taken the lead, I no doubt was wrong about that. It seems like I remember OH also having a field goal attempt blocked at a critical point in the game.

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

frankie wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:23 pm "Bottom line is Ironton wants Wood to win so they don't have to face Burg again."

That's your fantasy, repeating it over and over won't make it true. No one in Ironton is worried about playing the Burg again. :roll:

Fact jack!!!
Why would anyone worry about playing a team they already pounded

Return to “Football”