Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

Whiteandgrey
Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

Post by Whiteandgrey »

Ironton, if OVC is so bad please just take your transfers and go play somewhere else. The OVC doesn't need you, I think you need them.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

NoPain23 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:45 am Gallia looked like they were running a JV offense, can’t get anything going when you run the same 5 plays against a great defense.
Agree. Wish Ironton the best in the playoffs, they were better tonight in every aspect of the game.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Ironton @ Gallia Academy (OVC Chip)

Post by Paulcrew »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:36 pm
Paulcrew wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:00 pm
512Bucki wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:21 pm Don’t act like Ironton dominated the SEOAL. I’m pretty sure Logan has their way with them. Am I wrong?
very wrong. ironton dominated logan in football while a member of the seoal

Depends how old you are. The last time Ironton was in the SEOAL Logan went 4-0 against the Tigers.

In those games Logan outscored the Tigers 116-31.

Logan won 4 titles. Ironton won 0.

I’ve been watching Logan football for almost 30 years and have never seen Logan lose to Ironton (except on a 16mm projector) :lol:
you forgot the disclaimer in your original post. I thought you were saying Logan dominated Ironton the entire series. Yes, i’m an old projector guy. I was looking at the entire series

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Whiteandgrey wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:30 am Ironton, if OVC is so bad please just take your transfers and go play somewhere else. The OVC doesn't need you, I think you need them.
your AD would disagree. Ironton easily bringing in an additional $5000 in to their coffers every other year. i’m
an ironton guy. I don’t want out of the league. i’d like to see expansion to two divisions

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

bevo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:38 am Guys you have to excuse some of our over zealous fans, I was laughed at and ridiculed when I said the OVC was not for Gallipolis, yea there is Ironton Div 5, and Portsmouth Div 5, the rest are 5’s and 6’s. We need to play Jackson and Logan instead of RV and Meigs to find out if we are playoff worthy, which were not! We caught Point in a down year. Ranked 5th in our region how many teams in the top 8 could we beat? Zero!!! I predict another 45-0 early playoff exit!
Let me assure you that Gallipolis isn't ready. Been mouthing off for 4 or 5 weeks how they're the greatest team in years. Please!
The only reason they've appeared better is because they moved to a conference and play nobody. The only team they've beaten is a very down PP team, and then Only by a point.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

First let me say ironton was way better then I thought. And if they played that game 10 times I would of had a hard time seeing blue devils win more then once.

We knew ironton was going to be best team we had played all season. And whoever we got in the playoffs was going to probably be as good as ironton. Besides a few over zealous fans unless we got right draw saw us getting past week 11. We have only got past week what 3 times ever in our history?

Secondly let’s get off size schools Gallia academy plays. Indian valley is one of the best teams in our region They play 2 div 4 teams 5 div 5 teams and 3 div 6 teams. So it is not size teams you play it is playing good teams at any level.

Secondly take river valley and meigs off the schedule and replace them with any other 2 teams you want. Let’s say Sheridan and Jackson. So the devils lose both of those games. Right now they would be 6-3 instead of 8-1. Would probably still make playoffs even thought it would be close and be the 7 or 8 seed.

Would they be any better of a football team maybe or maybe not. It would of probably made them not lay a total egg like last night. But not sure they would of been truly better.

Now let’s talk about Armstrong. He got hurt in 1st half of first game this season. He has not practiced a full week since. In half our games this year he has not been are leading rusher. Let’s not blame who we didn’t have.

As far as overall schedule goes. This schedule was made when this team was coming off a 4 year run of being 10-30. The basketball team had only had like one winning season in like the last 8 years. For a athletic department that gets no money from General fund and is totally self supporting the close money games made sense at the time and is probably the only reason why we did not have to cut some sports. Not all football related decisions are about making your team better.

I think schedule will get better think program will be better. But we are about to have back to back 9-1 seasons back to back playoff appearances. Probably had the biggest crowd at memorial field last night in 10 years or more...

Look blue devils didn’t show up to play last night. Think ironton was way better even if we had been at our best. But I am proud of where we’re at and where we are going and one horrible outing does not change that.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

SEOP2001 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:44 am
bevo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:38 am Guys you have to excuse some of our over zealous fans, I was laughed at and ridiculed when I said the OVC was not for Gallipolis, yea there is Ironton Div 5, and Portsmouth Div 5, the rest are 5’s and 6’s. We need to play Jackson and Logan instead of RV and Meigs to find out if we are playoff worthy, which were not! We caught Point in a down year. Ranked 5th in our region how many teams in the top 8 could we beat? Zero!!! I predict another 45-0 early playoff exit!
Let me assure you that Gallipolis isn't ready. Been mouthing off for 4 or 5 weeks how they're the greatest team in years. Please!
The only reason they've appeared better is because they moved to a conference and play nobody. The only team they've beaten is a very down PP team, and then Only by a point.
Well that very down point pleasant team just beat an undefeated team last night and will probably finish 4-4 and there 3 loses that weren’t to Gallipolis are going to be to really quality teams.

Have you seen how bad this team has been since 2012? This is our best team in several years.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

My friend from Wheelersburg was updating me on this game and I was shocked.
Congrats Ironton.

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:59 am
SEOP2001 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:44 am
Well that very down point pleasant team just beat an undefeated team last night and will probably finish 4-4 and there 3 loses that weren’t to Gallipolis are going to be to really quality teams.

Have you seen how bad this team has been since 2012? This is our best team in several years.
That very well may be true. But let’s just close our mouths, stop the constant chest beating, and see what happens when we actually play someone, like Ironton.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:56 am First let me say ironton was way better then I thought. And if they played that game 10 times I would of had a hard time seeing blue devils win more then once.

We knew ironton was going to be best team we had played all season. And whoever we got in the playoffs was going to probably be as good as ironton. Besides a few over zealous fans unless we got right draw saw us getting past week 11. We have only got past week what 3 times ever in our history?

Secondly let’s get off size schools Gallia academy plays. Indian valley is one of the best teams in our region They play 2 div 4 teams 5 div 5 teams and 3 div 6 teams. So it is not size teams you play it is playing good teams at any level.

Secondly take river valley and meigs off the schedule and replace them with any other 2 teams you want. Let’s say Sheridan and Jackson. So the devils lose both of those games. Right now they would be 6-3 instead of 8-1. Would probably still make playoffs even thought it would be close and be the 7 or 8 seed.

Would they be any better of a football team maybe or maybe not. It would of probably made them not lay a total egg like last night. But not sure they would of been truly better.

Now let’s talk about Armstrong. He got hurt in 1st half of first game this season. He has not practiced a full week since. In half our games this year he has not been are leading rusher. Let’s not blame who we didn’t have.

As far as overall schedule goes. This schedule was made when this team was coming off a 4 year run of being 10-30. The basketball team had only had like one winning season in like the last 8 years. For a athletic department that gets no money from General fund and is totally self supporting the close money games made sense at the time and is probably the only reason why we did not have to cut some sports. Not all football related decisions are about making your team better.

I think schedule will get better think program will be better. But we are about to have back to back 9-1 seasons back to back playoff appearances. Probably had the biggest crowd at memorial field last night in 10 years or more...

Look blue devils didn’t show up to play last night. Think ironton was way better even if we had been at our best. But I am proud of where we’re at and where we are going and one horrible outing does not change that.
This is a great post, thank you. Each school has some classy posters that I enjoy reading, you are definitely one for Gallia. Well said and best of luck to Gallia Academy next week and in the playoffs.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:56 am First let me say ironton was way better then I thought. And if they played that game 10 times I would of had a hard time seeing blue devils win more then once.

Gallia is fine , all the teams have played games where they had high hopes and been beaten up. It happens. Move on , 9-1 is a great season. However Gallia and Jackson should play every year.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Gallia Academy is the biggest school D-IV playing in a smaller conference. They play most V’s and 1, VI. All the teams they played have losing records except for Portsmouth and Ironton which they went 1-1. They are 4th or 5th in their region being undefeated until last night. I believe they need to beef their non- conference up. This is only my opinion. It reminds me of Logan (l90’s and early 2000’s) being a D-II team playing all the little schools going undefeated and making week 11 to get blown off the map. All Gallia Academy has to do is beef up the non conference and they will be fine.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:25 am

This is a great post, thank you. Each school has some classy posters that I enjoy reading, you are definitely one for Gallia. Well said and best of luck to Gallia Academy next week and in the playoffs.
Yes great post. A lot of us posters don’t look back the last 4 years when they struggled. Maybe this is their year it all changes for you guys. Also schedules are made 3-4 years ahead when some teams had winning records or playoff runs and have down year or years now. It’s hard to find teams 3-4 years and wonder if they will be good unless it’s a program that has a history of winning!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

outstanding effort by the fighting tigers. this jumped them to 1 in their region. and according to joe eitel assured a home game. now to come back down to earth and focus of a very good Portsmouth team. against one of the longest rivalries ever in ohio high school sports.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I was not at this game and getting updates but what happened? I never in a million years thought Ironton would put up 52. And more surprised that Gallia scored zero. Was Ironton that good? After Gallia got down did the team give up? Armstrong is good but he can’t be the reason Ironton scored 52 with him out. I’m at a loss and wish I was there to see this game. 52-0 is nuts.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

my son and his girlfriend was here visiting from Georgetown, ky. last night and we went out to eat. then came back to the house and played pool and hung out. and watched some mma on bellator. so I didn't even get to even listen to this one. I was at the burg game, and all the rest I have listened to. so this was the 1st one I missed. but my son was getting updates on this one from some friends that were there at the game by phone, and I was just shocked.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Yes 52-0 was nuts! Being at Gallia, on grass, being undefeated this game had a fan saying got to go watch this game! When you looked at the updates and it was 3-0 you said wow had to kick the field goal, just to update again to see 11-0, 18-0, 42-0 to 52-0, wow, Ironton went up there and flexed their muscles from opening kickoff. It’s like Ironton is running on all cylinders

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

14U wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:30 am Gallia Academy is the biggest school D-IV playing in a smaller conference. They play most V’s and 1, VI. All the teams they played have losing records except for Portsmouth and Ironton which they went 1-1. They are 4th or 5th in their region being undefeated until last night. I believe they need to beef their non- conference up. This is only my opinion. It reminds me of Logan (l90’s and early 2000’s) being a D-II team playing all the little schools going undefeated and making week 11 to get blown off the map. All Gallia Academy has to do is beef up the non conference and they will be fine.
Agree 100%

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well I would say what happened was when score was 10-0 the first quarter had went just about the way I expected. Gallia had started with a vanilla defense and had gotten burnt on a pass play that at time I thought was a missed assignment. But now think we just got beat on the play. Then at this time Gallia probably still isn’t through it’s play script because they have only generated one first down. They get another 3 and out. When ironton blocked the punt and the 4 Gallia academy players looked like they had no idea what to do just standing there. It was like uh no... we are in big trouble. I play later your down 17 to nothing another 3 and out and they return a punt for a TD and your down 24 to nothing and really I feel only 10 of those points on your defense now your just in a hole. And the blue devils started running there mouths and pushing and getting stupid penalties. They began to move the ball but it was to late or they would make a mistake to end the drive.

Defensively after that I thought we made no sense I guess we were so set on slowing down the run game that we decided to play man in defenSive backfield and we really haven’t played man all season and the corner was playing defense like he thought he would have safety help down middle in a zone defense. And lead to wide open post patterns down center of field vs all night.

Really the only drive ironton had all night was the first one that lead to field goal most of rest were just wide open big plays.

It came down to devils didn’t show up.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

"It came down to devils didn’t show up."

It came down to them playing a way better team. They were manhandled.

Return to “Football”