Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: week 8...Unioto @ Southeastern

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:15 pm
mattash wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:14 pm How did Ruby do?
A meager 210 yards and 3 Td’s
But not getting on less than 10 carries I assume

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:18 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:15 pm
mattash wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:14 pm How did Ruby do?
A meager 210 yards and 3 Td’s
But not getting on less than 10 carries I assume
24 carries. Contained him most of the night. Broke one for 50 and another for 60

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Southeastern, sounds as if it was a very close, back and forth game, witch either team could have won.

Leecorso
Waterboy

Post by Leecorso »

Ruby fell a couple of times or he would of had way more slick track

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Sets up a big one next week. Did hear on the radio that PV’s Ison suffered an injury, likely an ACL.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:34 pm Sets up a big one next week. Did hear on the radio that PV’s Ison suffered an injury, likely an ACL.
Yes. Horrible news

pktnred
Waterboy

Post by pktnred »

It’s an easy fix!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

se-alum wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:34 pm Sets up a big one next week. Did hear on the radio that PV’s Ison suffered an injury, likely an ACL.
Dangit. Terrible news for such a talent

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to SE on a big comeback win. Complain about officials all you want as I'm sure there was some bad calls, but Unioto had plenty of times to make a play and tackle ruby and didn't. SE vs PV next week for SVC

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 pm Congrats to SE on a big comeback win. Complain about officials all you want as I'm sure there was some bad calls, but Unioto had plenty of times to make a play and tackle ruby and didn't. SE vs PV next week for SVC
Agree 💯. Usually never complain about officiating after a loss because I know how it looks, I get it. But this was so bad it needed to be said. Most coaches will tell you these tight games come down to 6-8 plays. When you can pin point 4/5 calls by a crew that actually dictate possession of the football or taking points off the board then it becomes game changing.

You don’t take a touchdown off the board because two kids shove each other after the play. You tell the 2 to quit being idiots and play on.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Re: Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

Post by Rosscoresident »

Don’t retaliate. Walk away after the TD. Don’t allow the referee to make the call. It’s that simple.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rosscoresident wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:30 am Don’t retaliate. Walk away after the TD. Don’t allow the referee to make the call. It’s that simple.
Agree with you. Watched the film on it last night. He needs horse whipped for that one. Looked like both kids actually threw a punch. Should’ve been offsetting but You just have to walk away and go celebrate the TD with your team.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:00 am
Rosscoresident wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:30 am Don’t retaliate. Walk away after the TD. Don’t allow the referee to make the call. It’s that simple.
Agree with you. Watched the film on it last night. He needs horse whipped for that one. Looked like both kids actually threw a punch. Should’ve been offsetting but You just have to walk away and go celebrate the TD with your team.
The other thing I was confused about was the timing. To me it seemed like the altercation was after the kid already scored. Should that TD have counted and the penalty been assessed on the kickoff?

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:23 am
The other thing I was confused about was the timing. To me it seemed like the altercation was after the kid already scored. Should that TD have counted and the penalty been assessed on the kickoff?
If it is a dead ball foul after the play, I would think that you are right. If they deemed the penalty to have happened during the play, then, no. Did they call it a dead ball foul. I know the officials missed something exactly like that in the Adena and Piketon game last week. It was only a first down taken away and not a TD though

Leecorso
Waterboy

Post by Leecorso »

Mlittle after watching film last night how did the fumbles look were they legit I know you said yesterday they were both down I’m curious I could really see the one with carrol other fumble looked to be out before he went to ground

Leecorso
Waterboy

Post by Leecorso »

Rosscoresident wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:35 am

If it is a dead ball foul after the play, I would think that you are right. If they deemed the penalty to have happened during the play, then, no. Did they call it a dead ball foul. I know the officials missed something exactly like that in the Adena and Piketon game last week. It was only a first down taken away and not a TD though
The flag was thrown prior to the play being blown dead it was close though

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Leecorso wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:18 pm Mlittle after watching film last night how did the fumbles look were they legit I know you said yesterday they were both down I’m curious I could really see the one with carrol other fumble looked to be out before he went to ground

I haven’t got to watch either on film. I’ll try to check them out when I get off work and let you know. I think the Carroll fumble was out but it looked like the SE player may have been out of bounds before establishing possession. But again this is just my view from the stands and opinion as a somewhat angry human being.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

You are correct if the TD signal was given and they're calling it a dead ball foul play counts and penalty is assessed after the fact. So they could've chosen to take penalty on extra point or kickoff.

Return to “Football”