Ironton Talent

Larry Fine
JV Team

Re: Ironton Talent

Post by Larry Fine »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:56 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:49 pm Look. There’s innuendo that there’s supposedly evidence of certain coaches from ironton reaching out to players but unless there’s actual evidence, it’s just rumors. Having four new starters move in doesn’t make it look better but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true either.
Agreed. There have been reports of this happening, and even that it has been presented to the OHSAA but there has yet to be anything concrete come out of it. People will talk no matter what, but you are correct, those 4 new starters do not help matters.
Last year Wheelersburg literally had 11 new starters move between 7th and 8th grade, get off your high horse. Wheelersburg has been getting the best kids from other scioto county schools for years.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:02 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:49 pm Look. There’s innuendo that there’s supposedly evidence of certain coaches from ironton reaching out to players but unless there’s actual evidence, it’s just rumors. Having four new starters move in doesn’t make it look better but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true either.
Agreed. There have been reports of this happening, and even that it has been presented to the OHSAA but there has yet to be anything concrete come out of it. People will talk no matter what, but you are correct, those 4 new starters do not help matters.
Last year Wheelersburg literally had 11 new starters move between 7th and 8th grade, get off your high horse. Wheelersburg has been getting the best kids from other scioto county schools for years.
You're proving our point. Kids are moving to the district in junior high and spending their entire HS career at Burg. There is a difference in moving in jr high and moving in as a senior starter. Burg has had 2 maybe 3 kids transfer in for their senior year in the past decade or so. Most people will think its sketchy when 4 happen in one year. I'm not saying anything has happened but that doesn't help. Btw Burg has lost multiple good athletes to surrounding schools in recent memory.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:07 pm

You're proving our point. Kids are moving to the district in junior high and spending their entire HS career at Burg. There is a difference in moving in jr high and moving in as a senior starter. Burg has had 2 maybe 3 kids transfer in for their senior year in the past decade or so. Most people will think its sketchy when 4 happen in one year. I'm not saying anything has happened but that doesn't help. Btw Burg has lost multiple good athletes to surrounding schools in recent memory.
It doesn’t matter what grade you steal other schools talent, bottom line is Burg wins with other schools kids. But if you claim other schools 8th grade kids as your own homegrown kids then go for it. Not only do you stack up your roster but you deplete the other SOC schools.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:15 pm

It doesn’t matter what grade you steal other schools talent, bottom line is Burg wins with other schools kids. But if you claim other schools 8th grade kids as your own homegrown kids then go for it. Not only do you stack up your roster but you deplete the other SOC schools.
Kids come and go from every school in the area. It's the way things go sometimes. Strap up and play the game. You think Wheelersburg wouldn't love to have Irontons 2nd best player back on our roster? Of course we would, but that's rarely brought up.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:21 pm

Kids come and go from every school in the area. It's the way things go sometimes. Strap up and play the game. You think Wheelersburg wouldn't love to have Irontons 2nd best player back on our roster? Of course we would, but that's rarely brought up.
Yeah it’s easy to strap up with your best and their best. You guys taking shots at Ironton when you have way more recruits.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Yeah it’s easy to strap up with your best and their best. You guys taking shots at Ironton when you have way more recruits.
Gotta get them in early and brain wash them "The Burg Way." :D

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:27 pm

I appreciate your honesty. Wait until you see irontons 2020 class.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:29 pm

I'm more of a 3-4 year development guy as opposed to the one and done but that's just me. Careful, you guys may turn into the UK of Southern Ohio lol

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:55 am
scott1297 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:48 am Lock it down boys! Everyone this side of the Mississippi knows how Ironton got their talent! Duh!
and you’re a fan of what Team lol :roll:

Competitive Balance numbers

Wheelersburg - 28
Ironton————- 19

Facts are facts, now you can Lock her down boys.......
What you don't realize is that those kids have been going to Burg since kindergarten! Ironton just got their transfers this year or last year lol

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What I said was completely true. Sorry if it ruffled your feathers.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Pretty good evidence for Burg coaches too. 1 or 2 transfers ok but when you have 7-8 players in one class that’s not coincidence. Needs investigated.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

They literally did not

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:55 pm

Pretty good evidence for Burg coaches too. 1 or 2 transfers ok but when you have 7-8 players in one class that’s not coincidence. Needs investigated.
They actually had five transfer in. One already went back to his original school, one came in because his dad married a burg girl, one stayed, one quit football to my knowledge, and the last one already lived in burg his whole life but was going to minford. Like I said you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:59 pm

They actually had five transfer in. One already went back to his original school, one came in because his dad married a burg girl, one stayed, one quit football to my knowledge, and the last one already lived in burg his whole life but was going to minford. Like I said you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Very shady to get 5 of the best athletes in scioto county , all from 1 class , and all move to Wheelersburg same time. All on a travel team maybe ? Needs investigated.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:01 pm

Very shady to get 5 of the best athletes in scioto county , all from 1 class , and all move to Wheelersburg same time. All on a travel team maybe ? Needs investigated.
5 senior starters transfer in one year. Needs investigated :roll:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No need. I just told you.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 pm

Perhaps both need Investigated. Either way you constantly point to my Tigers while you’re doing the same thing in your house.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 pm

Perhaps both need Investigated. Either way you constantly point to my Tigers while you’re doing the same thing in your house.
These two don’t even compare. Not even close.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Wheelersburg has never had 5 players transfer in to play 1-2 years let along 5 starters. That, my friend, is not the same thing. Does Wheelersburg have kids from outside the district spread throughout the program? Of course, but that is not the conversation at hand. Not even close to being comparable.
Last edited by spider2Ybanana on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Are there any Ironton kids on that 2020 roster? :lol:

Return to “Football”