Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by LucasDavenport »

Should be a lot of fun tomorrow night!!

Cmon Woby! Let him stay under the bridge.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Muletown will be rocking and I want to see how Minford stands up to the pressure. They've been in this position before, not very often mind you, but each time that I remember seems they'll fumble or penalties have caught up with them and the overall pressures of the game got to them. I want to see how this Minford team reacts to it all. I'm sticking with my prediction that burg walks away with a victory, haven't seen anything in Minfords schedule that really tells me who they are as a team. For burg need to find yourself and it's league play time, for Minford need to get over the "W" stigma that's floated around for so long. We'll know more tomorrow, good luck to both teams.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:49 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:14 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:43 pm

After 5 games you see all this? I agree they have issues but I’ll evaluate after season is over. That opening schedule was brutal.
How many games do you require before you decide to apply critical thinking instead of emotions? It is the half way point. If you cannot make an up to the moment assesment of what you see PRESENTLY after 5 games, why are you here? You would be better served writing about your feelings for Hallmark.
Not with that schedule. Sorry. They’ve played one division 5 team. Four division 3 teams three of those d3 teams being exceptional. I’ll wait until tomorrow. If they struggle against minford, I’ll definitely agree but not until then.
While I agree we've come down to earth a bit, it seems most people think we've been playing lesser opponents and struggling...

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

buckeyeball wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:33 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:19 pm Go Burg! This team is like Jekyll and Hyde you never know which one is gonna show up. If I mean it's a big if! If Burg would have played like they did against Ashland they would have beaten Jackson! That's twice this year that Burg looked out of sorts first against Ironton then last night with Jackson. All I know is that tackling has to get better and the qb play needs to improve. But the effort is there and I guess that's all u can ask for at this point. But anyway I got faith in the Burg that they will beat Minford in a good hard fought game. I would like to see Burg to try Kenny at qb just for a series or 2. I heard that he is gonna be a good one but being a freshman I guess u got to wait your turn
You’re right if Burg played like they did against Ashland they would’ve won . Not sure I agree with the freshman at Qb . Was you at the game when he went in and threw a pick 6 right off the rip too . Yes the kid is a great runner .But I wouldn’t say he’s a better all around QB. Running the ball maybe . I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a lot of playing time next year but idk if I see that as QB . Not to mention when he’s got in a couple games and had good moments, he’s been playing JV kids or second string .
I'm with you on the freshman QB...looks like he'll be really good but presently Masters throws the ball better.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

One common opponent so far- Greenup. Advantage Burg

Strength of schedule played so far: Advantage Burg

High school games experience: Burg seniors have won a state title and played in 48 games so far compared to 35 for Minford seniors; Advantage Burg

Last 3 games between teams: Burg 3-0 outscored Minford by scores of 148-17

I’m going with closer than past years, Burg wins 28-22

GO BURG!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Goose:

Minford has already beat one orange-and-black team that starts with a W. D3 Wilmington, who's O/D-lines are bigger and more athletic than Ironton or Jackson. You must not have seen that game, b/c you would have got a good idea about them. Wilmington has beat Miami Trace and Washington Court House rather easily, so they're just as good as Ironton or Jackson.

Reports I'm hearing outta Minford are that, the kids had a great week of practice, are focused but relaxed, and excited to have this opportunity. They were expected to be 3-2 at this point, not 5-0, so they're playing with house money. Very few expected them to be undefeated at this point. This group handles pressure a little differently than most, they're just going to go play their game and fun doing it.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:20 pm Goose:

Minford has already beat one orange-and-black team that starts with a W. D3 Wilmington, who's O/D-lines are bigger and more athletic than Ironton or Jackson. You must not have seen that game, b/c you would have got a good idea about them. Wilmington has beat Miami Trace and Washington Court House rather easily, so they're just as good as Ironton or Jackson.

Reports I'm hearing outta Minford are that, the kids had a great week of practice, are focused but relaxed, and excited to have this opportunity. They were expected to be 3-2 at this point, not 5-0, so they're playing with house money. Very few expected them to be undefeated at this point. This group handles pressure a little differently than most, they're just going to go play their game and fun doing it.
Calpreps has Wilmington getting smoked by Jackson and ironton.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LOL, that's hilarious. Ok let's break this down a bit and hopefully you can choose not to be so bias and open your mind. Minford beat DIII Wilmington a team they were supposed to beat. Excuse me if I'm not blown away at all by the fact Wilmington has beaten Miami Trace and WCH rather easily, considering those 2 teams are 3-2 and the wins came against opponents with a combined 2-28 record, yes you read that correctly. So to say that Wilmington is just as good as Ironton or Jackson you are crazy. If that's the case then you are saying that Minford, who beat the powerful wilimington team you speak of, is better than Ironton and Jackson. I mean since Minford beat Wilmington and you're claiming Wilmington is just as good as Ironton and Jackson. Once again the 2 wins Wilmington has that you are beating the drum on is MT and WCH who have 3 wins against teams a combined 2-28..... ;)

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:33 pm

Wheelersburg has played a MUCH MUCH MUCH harder schedule . Jackson would thump Wilmington. Their defense may be as big and fast and Jackson / Ironton but not near as good. None of that had anything to do with Friday’s game but gotta keep it real

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yeah at this point he's simply trying to back Minford with total bias. True fan, but not an honest fan when it comes to other teams. MT wins against teams are 1-14 and WCH 1-14. Laughable to try and put Wilmington on the same line with Jackson or even ironton this year. Burg would be sitting at 5-0 right now if they had played Minford's schedule.
Last edited by greygoose on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

They have burg beating Wilmington by 19.

Anytime a d5 beats a d3 team, that’s a good win but I ain’t comparing them to Jackson or ironton.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

lol..That's CalPreps and means nothing. Wilmington's front lines were just as good as Ironton's and Jackson. Ironton had better backs hands down, but Wilmington had a tall athletic QB similar to Ironton's, and much better receivers. If Wilmington and Jackson meet up, it will be better than you think. They will out until they face the almighty Clinton-Massie Falcons in week 10.
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:44 pm

lol..That's CalPreps and means nothing. Wilmington's front lines were just as good as Ironton's and Jackson. Ironton had better backs hands down, but Wilmington had a tall athletic QB similar to Ironton's, and much better. receivers. If Wilmington and Jackson meet up, it will be better than you think. They will out until they face the almighty Clinton-Massie Falcons in week 10.
Respectfully disagree on Wilmington’s defense being better than Jackson . Coming in to the Burg game Jackson had allowed 106 yards on 100 carries with no rushing touchdowns . Burg scored 1 rushing touchdown on Jackson but had to fight and claw to squeeze Mathews in . Jackson defense is very unnderated especially against the run. So not buying that Wilmington is that level . Sorry

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

lol..That's CalPreps and means nothing. Wilmington's front lines were just as good as Ironton's and Jackson. Ironton had better backs hands down, but Wilmington had a tall athletic QB similar to Ironton's, and much better. receivers. If Wilmington and Jackson meet up, it will be better than you think. They will out until they face the almighty Clinton-Massie Falcons in week 10.
Miami Trace--3-2 with wins against teams that are a combined 1-14
WCH--3-2 with wins against teams that are a combined 1-14

Just stop, it's just getting sad now.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Respectfully disagree on Wilmington’s defense being better than Jackson . Coming in to the Burg game Jackson had allowed 106 yards on 100 carries with no rushing touchdowns . Burg scored 1 rushing touchdown on Jackson but had to fight and claw to squeeze Mathews in . Jackson defense is very unnderated especially against the run. So not buying that Wilmington is that level . Sorry
Jackson and Wilmington have some common opponents coming up, so you'll get a better idea of them then. Have any of you seen them play first hand?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Jackson and Wilmington have some common opponents coming up, so you'll get a better idea of them then. Have any of you seen them play first hand?
Just on film, All those teams always have good looking kids but good looking kids don’t always mean football players . Sorry just don’t buy that Wilmington brings the wood like Jackson or Ironton

Yeah we’ll play those teams soon you are correct

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

My breakdown was of these 2 teams, Burg and Minford you are reaching back and trying to say this team is just as good as this team. Burg would be 5-0 maybe 4-1 with Minfords schedule. Minford would be 1-4 with Burgs schedule as I don't think they'd beat Ashland. We're less than 24 hours from kickoff and we're about to find about A LOT about both of these teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wilmington gave up 57 points to the 17th rank team in a D3 region. Butler is 2-3

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm

1 common opponent for BURG and MINFORD..GC. Minford came back to win it 45-27 and burg won it easily 38-7....just saying only common opponent right ;)

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Miami Trace--3-2 with wins against teams that are a combined 1-14
WCH--3-2 with wins against teams that are a combined 1-14

Just stop, it's just getting sad now.
If you want to compare scores, Miami trace defense gave up the same amount of points to Mt. Orab as Jackson did. Jackson has Washington CH in 2-weeks, so that will be a good common opponent to judge them by. Greenup had their chances to hang right with burg in the 1st-half but couldn't hold on to the ball in the redzone.
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”