Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

522Pirate
Varsity

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by 522Pirate »

In all the years I’ve ever watched sports I’ve never seen a game that I thought the officiating was intentionally one sided to decide the outcome of the game...and I agree the QB should never have thrown the ball but #9 makes contact with the receiver at about the 4 yard line and drives him into the end zone while the ball is in the air...pass interference...missed call...and that’s all I’ve got to say about that

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Minford has a good team with I think 7 seniors starting offense. Minford has a big strong line, 3 returning that’s seniors. Also the other lineman might be seniors too. Their back is a 3 year starting senior. They have two junior receivers that catch anything thrown to them with speed and there offensive leader in junior QB Lewis. This team has played together all the way up from pee-wee ball and has done great things for Minford.they haven’t beat Burg in their years in high school and they are hungry to do it Friday. If they can’t do it Friday it’s going to be awhile to have the great chance like Friday with many seniors playing their last game against burg at home because their talent pool isn’t there after this year except for 3 good juniors returning. I say this because replacing the whole line is going to be tough to do and runningback. How many senior defensive players they have?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Are the schools selling presale tickets? And, what time do the gates open? Thanks.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:15 am
vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:15 am
522Pirate wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:10 am

Bad calls are part of the game...you're leaving out the missed pass interference call on the interception return for a TD by Ashland, and I haven't got to it yet on the film but on one of Ashland's late TD drives, the ref somehow misses at least two blatant holds directly in front of him. Home cookings behind...
Obviously you haven't watch the film on the int that was returned for a TD. I'm looking at it right now, and the QB floated that pass and put it up for grabs. The Ashland Db highpoints the ball not touching a soul, and INTs it. No way that was a bad call. That was a good play by the CB, playing pass defense like he's supposed to in a red zone Defense.

Watch the film and you'll see the pass is floated to the slot receiver, the Corner vacates the WR seeing it's up for grabs, highpoints the ball, not touching anyone and INTS it, and takes it to the house. That's a textbook play by the CB.
:roll: Oh my. Ashland had chances to win that game but it wasn't because of officiating. The flag came out way before the kid reached the TD for Ashland. Ashland held like crazy on the outside of the last two drives. It was obvious as all get out. Plus Ashland was given a gift on the go ahead score before the field goal, on a 4th and 17 and our safety bit on a 10 yard curl route. Why are we rehashing this? What film are we watching? lol
No way man, on the screen pass that got called back for holding, yes the flag came out as soon as the receiver broke the tackle, and was off ot the races. Holding was called on the OG that had a cast on his hand and it simply didn't happen. Horrible call.

The muffed punt, where burg got the ball back and scored the next play. Horrible call. The pass inf call at the end of the game was thrown over 5-yards outta bounds and burg should have never been in the position to kick the FG. Horrible calls and home cookin' at its finest.
Last edited by vladimir on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 am
vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:50 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:35 pm

Not impressed with a 45 yard field goal to tie it? Tough crowd.
I was very impressed with the 45-yr Fg as time was running out. That was some pressure and he nailed it, way-to go kid, and you may be kicking at the next level. He's a weapon, and, this game may come down to something like that.

I do have to say..... After seeing it in person and watching the Ashland game several times on film, what I was not impressed with was the screen pass that got called back for holding, total BS. The punt that the burg returner touched, and burg was give the ball only to score on the next play. The intentional grounding call that put Ashland deep in burg territory. Also, the pass interference that lead to the field goal was thrown 5-yrd outta bounds should not have been called. That kid would have had to been 15-feet tall to catch that. IMO, if the refs were not a factor, Ashland wins that game by 10-to-17-points. I know bad calls happen, but Come'on Man talk about some home cookin'!
I watched the “holding” play many times on the screen pass , I can’t find a hold anywhere.

That's b/c it was a phantom call, and never happened. That officiating crew must have been Burg football alumni.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Somebody call the whaaambulance for poor ole vladimir...weak minded...refs fault...boo hoo

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

You're the one who all whinney about a great no call on a INT that was thrown up for grabs, short behind and then the WR falls down on his own. Horrible pass.

Actually it's hilarious b/c it's so obvious. Yummy, Home cookin' its finest. Must have been a burg alumni crew just like the one you're going to have in Week 10 when the Westside comes to town. Them SIDERS better get ready for a big plate of some home cookin' up in the Burg.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Is a whinney the sound a horse makes?

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

And why wouldn’t we have the alumni crew call the Waverly game as well?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Muffed punt??? If it did touch the Burg player it was by a pube hair and the ref wouldn't see something that miniscule in real time.

The pass being uncatchable has no bearing on the ruling of pass interference. This is from the NFHS guidelines for HS football. It was pass interference just as the one on the INT that the Ashland defender took to the house as the defender in coverage knocked the Burg receiver down making it an easy INT for the strong safety.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 pm You're the one who all whinney about a great no call on a INT that was thrown up for grabs, short behind and then the WR falls down on his own. Horrible pass.

Actually it's hilarious b/c it's so obvious. Yummy, Home cookin' its finest. Must have been a burg alumni crew just like the one you're going to have in Week 10 when the Westside comes to town. Them SIDERS better get ready for a big plate of some home cookin' up in the Burg.
It was an ironton chapter crew. I think burg won right? So was every touchdown in the game a result of bad officiating? Please breakdown every play and let us know.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

a_c_m wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:30 pm Are the schools selling presale tickets? And, what time do the gates open? Thanks.
Both schools have presale tickets and gates open at 5:30. Should be a big crowd, great weather, and a good game.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Plus, where are you watching all of this film on that game?

Would love to see it for myself.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:13 pm Muffed punt??? If it did touch the Burg player it was by a pube hair and the ref wouldn't see something that miniscule in real time.

The pass being uncatchable has no bearing on the ruling of pass interference. This is from the NFHS guidelines for HS football. It was pass interference just as the one on the INT that the Ashland defender took to the house as the defender in coverage knocked the Burg receiver down making it an easy INT for the strong safety.
First of all it was the CB that INT it. The crossing WR had no play on the ball and fell down on his own. The FS throws his hands up and turns, there's no pushing motion. Horrible pass that was floated, and thrown short. It's also a big ?-mark if it was pass inf at the end of the game on a pass that was so overthrown, it hit the fence.

Yummy love me Home cookin,' Ask the crew in week 10 against WEST when they played for burg. I know 2 of them that played for y'all in the early 1980's, b/c they told me they were assigned that game. What kinda BS that? Come'on man.
Last edited by vladimir on Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:21 pm Plus, where are you watching all of this film on that game?

Would love to see it for myself.
Buy an account to hudl.com and you can see all the games you want.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:24 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:13 pm Muffed punt??? If it did touch the Burg player it was by a pube hair and the ref wouldn't see something that miniscule in real time.

First of all it was the CB that INT it. The crossing WR had no play on the ball and fell down on his own. The FS throws his hands up and turns, there's no pushing motion. Horrible pass that was floated, and thrown short. It's also a big ?-mark if it was pass inf at the end of the game on a pass that was so overthrown, it hit the fence.

Yummy love me Home cookin,' Ask the crew in week 10 against WEST when they played for burg. I know 2 of them that played for y'all in the early 1980's, b/c they told me they were assigned that game. What kinda BS that? Come'on man.
The SOC doesn't use an assigner for football.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

If you jack wagons want to keep discussing a game 3 weeks ago, go off and PM each other. Or better yet, go meet up for a beer at B-dubs and discuss it at length.

Back to the week 6 game at hand. I think Vogelsong and Wiget will create some problems for Burg especially if we don’t take better angles and keep trying to tackle high. I believe The Pirates have the talent to win the game. I think they will play like I know they can and clip those Falcon wings. Here’s to a good hard fought game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:48 pm
vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:24 pm

The SOC doesn't use an assigner for football.
Whatever, they told me they had that game. So what you're saying is burg admin selected the crew? Yummy, the Westside better bring their appetites, b/c there's going to be some home cookin' goin' on. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Has Burg not tackled well all season or just have trouble taking down Winters in Jackson game? He’s not an easy take down and way more elusive than he appears.

I really didn’t leave the game thinking Burg was a poor tackling team.

Return to “Football”