Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by Bleeding Red »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:08 pm You can’t blame the rest of the SOC for having hope.

Minford posters have been pretty casual towards this game. It’s the crazies coming in who have bent this thread towards “getting even”.
True football fans of this area hold Burg in high regards to being one of the best football programs south of Columbus.
On the flip side, we havent forgotten some of the conceited tick tock comments, running clock on everyone being the expectation, etc. It is what it is.

All I know is who knows what will happen Friday night. If Burg puts it all together and Minford plays a bad game, this might not end up close on the scoreboard.

And vise versa if Minford plays great and Burg struggles.

I know both teams want to win this game and they will settle it toe to toe on the field.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:17 am I wonder if this is the week Burg really starts giving the freshman QB more reps?
I hope so

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

If the burg that played Ashland comes to minford on Friday, burgeons by 3 scores. If the burg that played Jackson comes to minford, it’s a close game and a likely to get beat. JMO

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:46 pm If the burg that played Ashland comes to minford on Friday, burgeons by 3 scores. If the burg that played Jackson comes to minford, it’s a close game and a likely to get beat. JMO
Pretty conceited considering they dont have a winning record.

I think Burg has to play their best game of the year so far to win. And I have watched both. Actually I watched Burg play Ashland and walked away not impressed tbh. I think if thats how Burg plays, they get beat by a couple of scores.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:54 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:46 pm If the burg that played Ashland comes to minford on Friday, burgeons by 3 scores. If the burg that played Jackson comes to minford, it’s a close game and a likely to get beat. JMO

I think Burg has to play their best game of the year so far to win. And I have watched both. Actually I watched Burg play Ashland and walked away not impressed tbh. I think if thats how Burg plays, they get beat by a couple of scores.
I don’t think it’s conceited at all. Like the post says, it’s JMO. Kind of like yours, Your opinion. It doesn’t matter what you think, or me for that matter, it will be decided on Friday.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Not impressed with a 45 yard field goal to tie it? Tough crowd.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:35 pm

I was very impressed with the 45-yr Fg as time was running out. That was some pressure and he nailed it, way-to go kid, and you may be kicking at the next level. He's a weapon, and, this game may come down to something like that.

I do have to say..... After seeing it in person and watching the Ashland game several times on film, what I was not impressed with was the screen pass that got called back for holding, total BS. The punt that the burg returner touched, and burg was give the ball only to score on the next play. The intentional grounding call that put Ashland deep in burg territory. Also, the pass interference that lead to the field goal was thrown 5-yrd outta bounds should not have been called. That kid would have had to been 15-feet tall to catch that. IMO, if the refs were not a factor, Ashland wins that game by 10-to-17-points. I know bad calls happen, but Come'on Man talk about some home cookin'!
Last edited by vladimir on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:50 pm

I was very impressed with the 45-yr Fg as time was running out. That was some pressure and he nailed it. This game may come down to something like that.

I do have to say..... After seeing it in person and watching the Ashland game several times on film, what I was not impressed with was the screen pass that got called back for holding, total BS. The punt that the burg returner touched, and burg was give the ball only to score on the next play. The intentional grounding call that put Ashland deep in burg territory. Also, the pass interference that lead to the field goal was thrown 5-yrd outta bounds should not have been called. That kid would have had to been 15-feet tall to catch that. IMO, if the refs were not a factor, Ashland wins that game by 10-to-17-points. I know bad calls happen, but Come'on Man talk about some home cookin'!
Bad calls are part of the game...you're leaving out the missed pass interference call on the interception return for a TD by Ashland, and I haven't got to it yet on the film but on one of Ashland's late TD drives, the ref somehow misses at least two blatant holds directly in front of him. Home cookings behind...

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

522Pirate wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:10 am

I was very impressed with the 45-yr Fg as time was running out. That was some pressure and he nailed it. This game may come down to something like that.

Bad calls are part of the game...you're leaving out the missed pass interference call on the interception return for a TD by Ashland, and I haven't got to it yet on the film but on one of Ashland's late TD drives, the ref somehow misses at least two blatant holds directly in front of him. Home cookings behind...
Obviously you haven't watch the film on the int that was returned for a TD. I'm looking at it right now, and the QB floated that pass and put it up for grabs. The Ashland Db highpoints the ball not touching a soul, and INTs it. No way that was a bad call. That was a good play by the CB, playing pass defense like he's supposed to in a red zone Defense.

Watch the film and you'll see the pass is floated to the slot receiver, the Corner vacates the WR seeing it's up for grabs, highpoints the ball, not touching anyone and INTS it, and takes it to the house. That's a textbook play by the CB.
Last edited by vladimir on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

So knocking the receiver to the ground is perfectly fine? Did I miss it being tipped at the line of scrimmage or something? I just watched it again...still knocks the receiver to the ground before the ball gets there...the kid that intercepts it doesn't touch anyone, but #9 knocks the receiver to the ground while the ball is in the air

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

522Pirate wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:38 am So knocking the receiver to the ground is perfectly fine? Did I miss it being tipped at the line of scrimmage or something? I just watched it again...still knocks the receiver to the ground before the ball gets there...the kid that intercepts it doesn't touch anyone, but #9 knocks the receiver to the ground while the ball is in the air
No the CB most certainly did not, he made a play on the floating pass, and the back side WR on a crossing route was behind him. The CB didn't touch a hair on the back side crossing WR arm. After the ball is INT, the crossing WR falls down on his own, but that wasn't caused by the FS. The FS throws his arms up and turns, and there isn't a pushing motion.

The backside WR, on his crossing route, never had play in ever receiving the ball as it was floated up for grabs and thrown short even behind the crossing WR. Good no call, and that how you play DB in the redzone. Blame the QB for throwing a horrible pass.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wheelersburg should win this game on talent alone but I think the sense of urgency that Wheelersburg has right now is the determining factor. I believe Wheelersburg will play with a sense of urgency while Minford will play with a sense of excitement. Those are two very difference things. Minford coaching staff will give them a chance to win but overall talent wins out here.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I was very impressed with the 45-yr Fg as time was running out. That was some pressure and he nailed it, way-to go kid, and you may be kicking at the next level. He's a weapon, and, this game may come down to something like that.

I watched the “holding” play many times on the screen pass , I can’t find a hold anywhere.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Where are all of you watching this game at?

You all need to get over it. Both sides. That game against Ashland is over. If you don't think calls are missed, whether it be on purpose or that they just didn't see something at every stadium in America then maybe it's time you get your license and put your happy butts on the field calling the game.

SMDH!!!!!!!!

I'm just hoping for a good, injury free game on Friday. This game has been a laugher for quite awhile so maybe this year it will be worth watching. When it comes to SOC play starting up you can throw out the records of both teams and start like it is 0-0.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Blitz wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:03 pm Right now the 7th-10th grades has the most talent and numbers ever to go through Wheelersburg. Anyone who thinks there is going to be a drop off is delusional. Like I have said before comeback week 10 and tell me how Bad the Burg is this year. Our schedule proved to be too much this year. We knew this was a possibility when it was made. Better to be 7-9 win team that is tested and knows its own weaknesses than 10-0 and a first round exit in the playoffs or get stomped by a tested team week 11 or 12. If your goal is final 4 and beyond you have to schedule up every year... not just when you think you will be good. The competition we have faced the first 5 weeks (except Greenup) is 200% better than what we will face the next 5 weeks. Everyone is excited because we have struggled this year... I get it the SOC has HOPE this year....Burg looks vulnerable, Finally! We will see which is the better philosophy this Friday 5-0 playing nobody or 2-3 scheduling up. I'm pretty sure I know the answer.... I will be on here Friday at 10 or 11 to discuss
So Wheelersburg has 7th-10th graders now that are better than the combo of Jonathon Eaton, Rex Pyles, and Jared Tilley and the combo of Holden, Matthews, and Carmicheal?

I'm not buying that.

Ironton, Ashland, and Jackson are 200% better than Minford and Waverly?

I mean if that is the case, considering Wheelersburg already beat Ashland, we might as well not play the next 5 weeks and go on to the playoffs.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

On the intentional grounded didn’t pass line of scrimmage QB threw it straight down the line, was there a player in the area? The hold was before the ball was thrown and the pass interference you might be right unless there was holding before the play. Everybody on here watches the film, you coaches, dads or does teams jus let anybody watch films these days? Did I just I watched it too? Lol 😂

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 am

I watched the “holding” play many times on the screen pass , I can’t find a hold anywhere.
First time in history there wasn’t a hold anywhere! Wow

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:15 am

Obviously you haven't watch the film on the int that was returned for a TD. I'm looking at it right now, and the QB floated that pass and put it up for grabs. The Ashland Db highpoints the ball not touching a soul, and INTs it. No way that was a bad call. That was a good play by the CB, playing pass defense like he's supposed to in a red zone Defense.

Watch the film and you'll see the pass is floated to the slot receiver, the Corner vacates the WR seeing it's up for grabs, highpoints the ball, not touching anyone and INTS it, and takes it to the house. That's a textbook play by the CB.
I agree with the INT, one ball shouldn’t have been thrown! Over the middle from moving left. Yes it was floated and the d-I talented #15 used his speed and took it to the house.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:15 am

:roll: Oh my. Ashland had chances to win that game but it wasn't because of officiating. The flag came out way before the kid reached the TD for Ashland. Ashland held like crazy on the outside of the last two drives. It was obvious as all get out. Plus Ashland was given a gift on the go ahead score before the field goal, on a 4th and 17 and our safety bit on a 10 yard curl route. Why are we rehashing this? What film are we watching? lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Let's not give credit to the kids. Let's analyze the penalties that officials in the NFL muck up as well. I bet if the officials would go back and watch film, they could say, yep should've called that, shouldn't of called that. Burg won the game.

Return to “Football”