12-18 Wheelersburg vs Waverly

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Re: 12-18 Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Post by ballplayer1992 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:17 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:51 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:24 am

This takes the cake for the worst post of the thread thus far, congratulations.

This topic seems to be about taunting and technicals. How often do the Patriots get a bad reputation for taunting? How often have they led the league in personal fouls?

The Yankees have won 1 World Series in 18 years so there's not much else to say on that part.
Seeing that you are so very well-versed in all aspects regarding behavior during athletic competition you should clearly understand this post. First, the Patriots have been criticized for bad sportsmanship on multiple occassions, remember when Tom Brady refused a postgame handshake from Seahawks safety Richard Sherman? Also, Bill Belichick has been accused of being a cheater when winning and a whiner when losing. Second, most all great athletes play with an edge. I assume you are very aware of the trash-talk that came from basketball greats such as Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Kobe Bryant, etc. The sense of entitlement you display by choosing which post is best and worst is laughable. You are essentially criticizing Wheelersburg basketball players for acting entitled by disputing or questioning foul calls, yet you have taken it upon yourself to decide which post is best or worst on this thread. Third, regarding your assessment of JJ Truitt. I assume you know that attitude, effort, heart, knowledge of the game, and academic performance all play a role in the recruiting process, not just athletic ability alone. A coach's dream is to have a kid that is excellent in the classroom, shows up to practice 30 minutes early to get some work in, and stays an hour after practice to review film. Many D1 programs will take a kid as a walk-on that is an excellent student and displays the aforementioned effort. Your self-righteousness with how you address posters is just a tad bit much sometimes.
I apologize for expressing an opinion that doesn't align directly with yours. I forgot that in today's times if you don't agree with somebody, then that means you're clearly in the wrong. I will work on agreeing with every single thing everybody says moving forward.
All I did was address the false claim you made that the Patriots have never been criticized for poor sportsmanship or questionable behavior. Now, for whatever reason, you are trying to correlate your perception of America's current socio-political climate to opinions expressed on a high school sports message board? Awesome job. I clearly gave examples of false claims that you made regarding successful athletes and sports franchises. You failed to deliver an adequate rebuttal.
Last edited by ballplayer1992 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

TCat wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:11 pm Wheelersburg fans defending the behavior of their players? College and pro players do it, so it's ok :roll: Their "program" has created the culture. Their coaches encourage the behavior. Heck the player typically linked to the behavior's father has been on the bench as a coach most of his career. Who's the player running out on the field in football with a camera on his helmet? This same player. It isn't his fault, it's the adults around him and the win at all costs that Wheelersburg has become.
It is more than fair to compare high school and college athletes as both are amateur, student athletes. You can act like our "program" at Wheelersburg is toxic but it will make you look cynical. Performing at peak level is not relegated to high school athletics at Wheelersburg. It is also expected in the classroom, in the community, in society as a whole, and in youth sports as well. Your post simply reeks of envy.
Last edited by ballplayer1992 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:57 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:51 pm
Seeing that you are so very well-versed in all aspects regarding behavior during athletic competition you should clearly understand this post. First, the Patriots have been criticized for bad sportsmanship on multiple occassions, remember when Tom Brady refused a postgame handshake from Seahawks safety Richard Sherman? Also, Bill Belichick has been accused of being a cheater when winning and a whiner when losing. Second, most all great athletes play with an edge. I assume you are very aware of the trash-talk that came from basketball greats such as Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Kobe Bryant, etc. The sense of entitlement you display by choosing which post is best and worst is laughable. You are essentially criticizing Wheelersburg basketball players for acting entitled by disputing or questioning foul calls, yet you have taken it upon yourself to decide which post is best or worst on this thread. Third, regarding your assessment of JJ Truitt. I assume you know that attitude, effort, heart, knowledge of the game, and academic performance all play a role in the recruiting process, not just athletic ability alone. A coach's dream is to have a kid that is excellent in the classroom, shows up to practice 30 minutes early to get some work in, and stays an hour after practice to review film. Many D1 programs will take a kid as a walk-on that is an excellent student and displays the aforementioned effort. Your self-righteousness with how you address posters is just a tad bit much sometimes.
I apologize for expressing an opinion that doesn't align directly with yours. I forgot that in today's times if you don't agree with somebody, then that means you're clearly in the wrong. I will work on agreeing with every single thing everybody says moving forward.
All I did was address the false claim you made that the Patriots have never been criticized for sportsmanship or questionable behavior. Now, for whatever reason, you are trying to correlate your perception of America's current socio-political climate to opinions expressed on a high school sports message board? Awesome job. I clearly gave examples of false claims that you made regarding successful athletes and sports franchises. You failed to deliver an adequate rebuttal.
You have selectively chosen which of my posts you wanted to address and created an account to give your opinion of them. Ironically enough, you're bashing my opinion on subjects and berating them because they differ from yours. You're coming across as a hypocritical, condescending prick considering you don't think I should be allowed to say a post is 'bad' or 'good' yet you have superiority to tell me that my posts are bad/good. Doesn't that make you the captious and sanctimonious one on this thread?

Is this the response you want? I try not to be childish on here but I'm also entitled to my own opinion. If you don't agree with my opinion(s) that doesn't make me, or you, right or wrong.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I think he pointed out that your statements were wrong... yet instead of saying good point i was wrong .... you start another argument to redirect the conversation.... nice try but you still made false claims and still wont own up to it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

All these big words are making my head hurt. I wish hawkeyepierce were here to help :D

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:20 pm

All I did was address the false claim you made that the Patriots have never been criticized for sportsmanship or questionable behavior. Now, for whatever reason, you are trying to correlate your perception of America's current socio-political climate to opinions expressed on a high school sports message board? Awesome job. I clearly gave examples of false claims that you made regarding successful athletes and sports franchises. You failed to deliver an adequate rebuttal.
You have selectively chosen which of my posts you wanted to address and created an account to give your opinion of them. Ironically enough, you're bashing my opinion on subjects and berating them because they differ from yours. You're coming across as a hypocritical, condescending prick considering you don't think I should be allowed to say a post is 'bad' or 'good' yet you have superiority to tell me that my posts are bad/good. Doesn't that make you the captious and sanctimonious one on this thread?

Is this the response you want? I try not to be childish on here but I'm also entitled to my own opinion. If you don't agree with my opinion(s) that doesn't make me, or you, right or wrong.
I am glad to see that you own a thesaurus, that was a good investment on your part lol. I am just asking you to substantiate your claim that New England has never been criticized for their behavior and that the Yankees are not a good depiction of a successful sports franchise. No need for name calling by you either, I would not want you to set a bad example for the Wheelersburg children that already behave terribly. You know that they value your opinion immensely lol.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Blitz wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:24 pm I think he pointed out that your statements were wrong... yet instead of saying good point i was wrong .... you start another argument to redirect the conversation.... nice try but you still made false claims and still wont own up to it.
My goodness, what do you want to hear? At this point I’ll say whatever to redirect this back to a relevant topic.

Patriots, including all players and coaches, are all cheaters and play dirty.

The Yankees are the best team in the MLB and I hate them for it.

I think all athletes at Burg and in the area are D1 athletes.

What am I missing? Let me know quickly and I’ll edit my post so we can discuss actual basketball again.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:34 pm
Blitz wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:24 pm I think he pointed out that your statements were wrong... yet instead of saying good point i was wrong .... you start another argument to redirect the conversation.... nice try but you still made false claims and still wont own up to it.
My goodness, what do you want to hear? At this point I’ll say whatever to redirect this back to a relevant topic.

Patriots, including all players and coaches, are all cheaters and play dirty.

The Yankees are the best team in the MLB and I hate them for it.

I think all athletes at Burg and in the area are D1 athletes.

What am I missing? Let me know quickly and I’ll edit my post so we can discuss actual basketball again.
Just one more topic to address and then we can change the subject...

Where did you purchase your thesaurus?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

In true form instead of just admitted you lied to try to make a point..... you sarcastically over exaggerate your lies..... keep trying it only confirms what most people on here think about you

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm

I am glad to see that you own a thesaurus, that was a good investment on your part lol. I am just asking you to substantiate your claim that New England has never been criticized for their behavior and that the Yankees are not a good depiction of a successful sports franchise. No need for name calling by you either, I would not want you to set a bad example for the Wheelersburg children that already behave terribly. You know that they value your opinion immensely lol.
A theWUHT? I ain’t got dat dear kinda edumacation!

I’ve said plenty of comments about Burg that are positive. They have the best team in the league by far, also the best player in the league by far. I didnt particularly enjoy his taunting at the Ironton game, but that’s simply my own personal opinion. I think they’ll most definitely win the district title. I think they have excellent facilities and a top notch place for kids to receive an education. I actually have several friends from Burg who are phenomenal people.

And none of that is being said sarcastically, so what else do you want? A hug?

I’m not a fan of the Patriots but in terms of the conversation here (about taunting) I didn’t see the connection. The Yankees, in my eyes, are trending the right way but are nowhere near the type of dominant dynasty they were many years ago. So again, I actually think Burg is more dominant in the last 5-6 years in SEO sports than the Yankees are in baseball...... that originally was my point but was also including that you don’t see them taunting —- which was the original topic of discussion.

Schwoo, anything else? My fingers hurt.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Blitz wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:39 pm In true form instead of just admitted you lied to try to make a point..... you sarcastically over exaggerate your lies..... keep trying it only confirms what most people on here think about you
I am ballplayer1992 and I approve this message.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Back to basketball. I think the behavior of some Wheelersburg players is embarrassing. I don't care how much the other team does it WE should not. It looks bad on our School and community. And is a direct reflection on our staff and administration to let it continue.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:41 pm

I’ve said plenty of comments about Burg that are positive. They have the best team in the league by far, also the best player in the league by far. I didnt particularly enjoy his taunting at the Ironton game, but that’s simply my own personal opinion. I think they’ll most definitely win the district title. I think they have excellent facilities and a top notch place for kids to receive an education. I actually have several friends from Burg who are phenomenal people.

I’m not a fan of the Patriots but in terms of the conversation here (about taunting) I didn’t see the connection. The Yankees, in my eyes, are trending the right way but are nowhere near the type of dominant dynasty they were many years ago. So again, I actually think Burg is more dominant in the last 5-6 years in SEO sports than the Yankees are in baseball...... that originally was my point but was also including that you don’t see them taunting —- which was the original topic of discussion.

So Tom Brady declining a postgame handshake from a competitor is not interpreted as a form of taunting or poor sportsmanship by your standards? But, a Wheelersburg player showing emotion while playing is terrible? Nice logic.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:48 pm

So Tom Brady declining a postgame handshake from a competitor is not interpreted as a form of taunting or poor sportsmanship by your standards? But, a Wheelersburg player showing emotion while playing is terrible? Nice logic.
Not siding but it was Richard Sherman...he’s quite the jackelope

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I absolutely don’t agree with him doing that, but you’re basing your opinion off one instance for a guy who’s been in the league 20+ years.

He’s had countless more situations where he was classy,
Respectful, and showed tremendous gratitude and respect toward his opponents. Heck, he’s even won the SI Sportsman of the Year award which is given to one athlete across all sports.

Doesn’t make him not shaking hands OK, but that’s also not something that occurs nearly every game — which is what was originally being discussed in this topic.

I’m done flooding a thread. You have your opinions, I have mine. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Not siding but it was Richard Sherman...he’s quite the jackelope
I agree. I am in no way a Sherman fan, so props to Brady in this instance lol

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Ok now! Everyone has vented...I’ve cut the cake...bbjunky81 has the coffee brewing...everyone gather ‘round now in a big circle, hold hands, take a deep breath and repeat after me 3 times...
BURG IS THE WORD!
BURG IS THE WORD!
BURG IS THE WORD!
Now then! Feel better? FEEL THE POWER!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I've always said over the years that I admire the Burg for there " Refuse to lose Attitude ", not only there athletes but there Community as well. I really would like to know, that if Tom Barrick were still the Basketball coach, would some of the things that are being discussed that are going on, would still be happening? I will also say that while in school, I played 3 Sports against the Burg, and cannot believe some of the things that I'm reading.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:16 pm I've always said over the years that I admire the Burg for there " Refuse to lose Attitude ", not only there athletes but there Community as well. I really would like to know, that if Tom Barrick were still the Basketball coach, would some of the things that are being discussed that are going on, would still be happening? I will also say that while in school, I played 3 Sports against the Burg, and cannot believe some of the things that I'm reading.
I might also add that I know nothing at all about the Burgs coach. I was just recently told that he had played for Oak Hills coach Persin while Persin was the coach at Chesapeake.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

bigburgboy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:02 am
alabama mike wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:10 pm Love the sarcasm of Burg Baskets and his topics!

Shoedaddy nailed it when he was talking about the best player on the floor, "You will be much louder if you say nothing at all. Don’t react to every call. Don’t stare down someone when you make a play. Say nothing, your game is way too good to be overshadowed by anything else." Just let your game do the talking.
Exactly, and that's Holden's biggest problem coming from a burg fan myself. He runs his mouth too much, he ought to let his game to all the talking. It'll end up biting him in the rear end

Who cares really.. wah wah wah, he also backs his talk ,

Return to “Boys Basketball”