18. Mississippi State
19. Texas A&M
20. Syracuse
21. Northwestern
22. Boise State
23. Iowa State
24. Missouri
25. Fresno State

No huge surprises... I predicted the same top 10 but a couple flipped..

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: CFB Committee Rankings for Nov. 27th

Post by Bleeding Red »

I have a major issue with Northwestern winning and dropping 2 spots. What possible explanation could there be other than the committee playing both judge and jury?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:25 pm I have a major issue with Northwestern winning and dropping 2 spots. What possible explanation could there be other than the committee playing both judge and jury?
Well there is that 24-16 victory they had over a hapless Illinois team.
Although NW supposedly substituted freely, I guess "eye test" matters.

As to the rest of the poll, no problems. For Ohio State to make the playoffs, Alabama has to win big over Georgia and Oklahoma has to lose.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Omega wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:32 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:25 pm I have a major issue with Northwestern winning and dropping 2 spots. What possible explanation could there be other than the committee playing both judge and jury?

As to the rest of the poll, no problems. For Ohio State to make the playoffs, Alabama has to win big over Georgia and Oklahoma has to lose.
Spot on. I said earlier today OSU has to get help from Texas. I think Georgia will be inconsequential.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bama needs to beat Georgia. From what I just saw on the rankings show, Bama not only doesn't need a win to get in, they can lose by any margin and still get in. Yet every week matters huh?

As far as OK vs OSU......in the event both win, OSU needs to Wisconsin the Cats like 2014 to jump over an OK team that gets in a shootout with Texas.

I have a feeling Tom Hermann wins this one by 10 pts, meaning one defensive stop amid these gosh awful defenses during this
matchup.

Still no reason for dropping a team 2 spots after winning by 2 scores other than the cfp committee setting up what they already want to happen

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I said it as soon as I saw they dropped and even posted on Facebook. The Committee dropped them from 19 to 21 to get more separation between them and #14 Texas - only explanation. Its not coincidence Oklahoma plays Teas and Ohio State plays Northwestern. They love Oklahoma and want them in if at all possible.

If Georgia beats Alabama, Ohio State & Georgia wont have to worry about it - Both SEC teams are in.

Ohio State has to win big and hope Texas beats Oklahoma or the Sooners struggle big time.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Unfortunately the poll sets up nicely for both Alabama and Georgia to make the playoffs. Georgia wins and they are in as is Alabama even with the loss. If Georgia loses a close game to Alabama, Alabama of course makes it and one could make an analytical case that the Bulldogs are better than Oklahoma and Ohio State. For Ohio State, I am afraid that only one impressive victory and a 29 point loss does not make for a playoff invitation. It all gets back to the question of the four best teams or conference champions only with an asterisk if Notre Dame is undefeated.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:09 pm Bama needs to beat Georgia. From what I just saw on the rankings show, Bama not only doesn't need a win to get in, they can lose by any margin and still get in. Yet every week matters huh?

As far as OK vs OSU......in the event both win, OSU needs to Wisconsin the Cats like 2014 to jump over an OK team that gets in a shootout with Texas.

I have a feeling Tom Hermann wins this one by 10 pts, meaning one defensive stop amid these gosh awful defenses during this
matchup.

Still no reason for dropping a team 2 spots after winning by 2 scores other than the cfp committee setting up what they already want to happen
Point1: Full body of work, nobody within 22 points ALL year so far in any game
Point 2: OSU could very well do that to a NW team with 4 losses already
Point 3: Ex-offensive OSU guru can either make or break this season for the Bucks
Point 4: NW looked bad against a TERRIBLE team last week

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If the playoff committee was REALLY watching all the games they would understand that NW rested a majority of their starters after they got well out in front.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree, plus what does it take to drop lsu man. Michigan very minimal drop especially after such a blowout.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The committee clearly didn't watch that game. NW was up 24-6 going into the 4th quarter. Majority of starters didn't play the 2nd half, and the backups backups were playing in the 4th quarter. Hard to understand how you drop them if you had any understanding of what happened in that game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

se-alum wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:52 am

The committee clearly didn't watch that game. NW was up 24-6 going into the 4th quarter. Majority of starters didn't play the 2nd half, and the backups backups were playing in the 4th quarter. Hard to understand how you drop them if you had any understanding of what happened in that game.
Oh but they say they watch all the games. Its total bullshyte. This is the problem with the CFP Committee. They try to shove this garbage down our throats like we dont know any better.

Seriously- has anyone watched LSU? I know there are A LOT of Burrows fans on here and heck I am always for the local kid too......but their offense is anemic and their defense isnt anything special either. 3 losses and they are still hovering just outside the top 10.

This playoff committee is very shady. They are the judge and jury in terms of they rank these teams to how they see fit AND how they want them to end up. Are we as fans that stupid? They say "Oh but this team has wins over so and so who are all ranked in the top 20" even though they put them in the top 20. That is why there are/have been big gaps between the AP/Coaches poll this year and their CFP Rankings.

They want the publicity, they want 2 SEC teams in the final 4. Regardless on how OK and OSU do this weekend, its beyond time to take the power out of their hands and go to an 8 team playoff.

Screw a 6 team playoff because then they will find a way to rest 2 SEC schools in the first round.

Their strength of schedule is skewed due to their own skewed rankings. I mean seriously, look at the SEC schedules. 8 conference games and the non conference games are an absolute joke!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:13 am

Oh but they say they watch all the games. Its total bullshyte. This is the problem with the CFP Committee. They try to shove this garbage down our throats like we dont know any better.

Seriously- has anyone watched LSU? I know there are A LOT of Burrows fans on here and heck I am always for the local kid too......but their offense is anemic and their defense isnt anything special either. 3 losses and they are still hovering just outside the top 10.

This playoff committee is very shady. They are the judge and jury in terms of they rank these teams to how they see fit AND how they want them to end up. Are we as fans that stupid? They say "Oh but this team has wins over so and so who are all ranked in the top 20" even though they put them in the top 20. That is why there are/have been big gaps between the AP/Coaches poll this year and their CFP Rankings.

They want the publicity, they want 2 SEC teams in the final 4. Regardless on how OK and OSU do this weekend, its beyond time to take the power out of their hands and go to an 8 team playoff.

Screw a 6 team playoff because then they will find a way to rest 2 SEC schools in the first round.

Their strength of schedule is skewed due to their own skewed rankings. I mean seriously, look at the SEC schedules. 8 conference games and the non conference games are an absolute joke!
Exactly.....

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:13 am

You DONT KNOW any better. If fact you dont know anything. All a HOMER like you does is throw shyte up against a wall and see how much sticks. You hate much? You sure cry a lot.Try to play this "resident" smart guy and you dont KNOW Shyte...All you are is an ignorant ohio HOMER dipshite who cries all the time and attempts to portray himself as knowledgeable about this great game. Only thing you would think you know is what you read in the Col.Dispatch...Bucknuts...or 11 Warriors....You just got it bad.A bad case of the D_ _ _ _ _ S and the worse case of envytidehatesec I have EVER seen. Now ..You going to cry again to a moderator Boy?...Like you do?

To cry about the strength and advantages of,lets say THE TIDE and Ga,over an ohio team is stupid at best. To attack the relevance and strength of LSU,and at the same time defend The strength of NW is even worse..have you seen NW play?....For them to be mentioned as a top 20 team and a worthy competitor for a conference championship is a joke.

As a team,NW is 108th in the country in total offense. NW is 120th in total rushing yards. NW averages 3 Yards Rushing Per Attempt.NW is 77th in the country in Offensive Eff...

NW Is 51st in the country in Total Yards allowed.NW allows 4 Yards Per Rushing Attempt(A yard more than they get) :lol:

NW is 80th in the country in yards allowed passing(ohio is 78th)...They allow 6.8 Yards Per Attempt which is at
least better than ohio's 7.3......

Thorson is 37th in total yards passing. Averages 6.4 YPA...14 TDS-12 Picks :lol: :lol: .....And he has been sacked 28 times...

NW averages 4.7 Yards PER Play.....They give up 5.5 Yards Per Play........Pitiful....No wonder Duke and and Akron beat their ass...And Duke got beat by 55 last week by WAKE

Everyone's wrong!....But ohio HOMERS like Minford's finest are All right!!!..SEC Bias...Dont play anyone ...WAHH....WAHHHH.....WAHHHH...Do what you do well...Cry....

Bill Connelley's Resume S&P and Strength Of Schedule Rankings have 10 SEC schools in the TOP 30......4 big 14 outfits......2018 NCAA College football SOS Rankings and ratings have the following:
1)Teams 1-6 in SOS are of course SEC schools
2)8 out of the 1st 10 in SOS are SEC Schools
3)10 out of the 1st 14
4)11 out of the 1st 30

big 14 had 6.....IF it wasnt for SEC Bias....ESPN....Shady committees(Hell that is WHY ohio won in 2014 :lol: )..Nick Saban....Brett McMurphy....Mark May....Skewed rankings....Coming out Flat..Werent ready to play..Crap....ohio would probably win the national title EVERY year and EVEN a Super Bowl here and there they are so darn good...Everyone cheats the poor big 14 and all that Churn....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Yes I do. Stop you endless babbling already. YOURE pathetic.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:58 pm Yes I do. Stop you endless babbling already. YOURE pathetic.
Who is pathetic?....You little HOMER crybaby....

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

😨

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

The General wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:55 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:58 pm Yes I do. Stop you endless babbling already. YOURE pathetic.
Don't feed the Gremlin after midnight and don't answer the troll!😂

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

...back to serious discussion, 8 TEAMS!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

dazed&confused wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:58 pm
The General wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:55 pm
Don't feed the Gremlin after midnight and don't answer the troll!😂
Cute!!....You saying I am Ugly?...Talk football Dazed :lol: :lol: ..Do you KNOW any?

Return to “College Sports”