Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson (2-0) vs Gallia Academy (2-0)

Post by Ironman92 »

Great first half by Jackson lol. Gallia winning the battle through 2 quarters

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Gallia is well coached and good skilled kids. Very evenly matched football game . Second half should be a good one

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

dcgjones wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:04 pm halftime gallia 9- 7
Hang tough GA!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lightning delay soon

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

jackson hurtin themselves with turnovers and penalities

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

after 3q.. gallia 9 -7 over jackson

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

gallia turns ball over at own goaline to start 4th quarter

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

dcgjones wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:47 pm jackson hurtin themselves with turnovers and penalities
Horse shoes and hand grenades, ugly game.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

5:43 jackson driving ,, inside blue devil territory.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Can someone explain to me the call on the Gallia fumble at goal line

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

jackson with big 4th down pickup to get to 21 yard line

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

svac83 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 pm Can someone explain to me the call on the Gallia fumble at goal line
radio gave no explanation.

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

4th down again. 4th and 6th. 3:02 to go

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

2:40 to go.. jackson picks up the 1st down

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

ball on the 3 ,,, 2:16 to go

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

First of all, it’s good to hear from superblue. Hope you’re doin well. Definitely remember the good old days on here and on JJ. Back then, GAHS won games like tonight and I was ticked about every one of them. Lol

Jackson was VERY fortunate to come away with the 15-9 win. I think they were outplayed by the Blue Devils, but they put together a 17 play - 99 yard drive when they needed it most to take the lead. I didn’t have a good view of the Gallia fumble near the goal line, so I can’t really comment on that one. I did have a decent view of the PI on 4th and 7 that gave Jackson new life. I thought the DB grabbed Davis and turned him just a little bit, but it also could have been let go. Tough call to have to make, but I think it was technically the right one.

GAHS played very well defensively and they were very physical. Coach Penrod and his team are gonna have a solid season. They should be very proud of their effort tonight. Good luck to them.

Jackson played a very sloppy game tonight and benefited from some borderline calls at key points in the game. They did have some other calls go against them, but they gotta clean up the penalties and turnovers going forward. Play hard, play physical, and execute.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Post by mattash »

Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Technically the pi could have went either way but to make that call on a forth down in that situation jackson was very lucky . That is all I will say on that. the fumble on the goal line was a fumble if he didn’t cross the goal line I had no view of that and the ref was on the line got to go with him on that. It looked like to me Jackson for the first time in a long time were not the most aggressive team on the field tonight. They did make mental mistakes that is true but the turnovers were not just the Ironmen beating theirselves. Gallipolis took it to them tonight it was great to see. Think we got one taken away from us tonight on a very close judgement call but that is the breaks. Jackson’s d-line played well tonight especially on the pass rush. great to see this game competitive wish we could play next year.
Side note I miss my old league I was never in favor of leaving the old SEOAL here is to her return one day.

Another side note. I think it was Jackson #45 who played hurt A lot of the second half of game heck of an effort by that young man hope he can get back.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Great game. I thought the reffing was horrible. Not because one team or the other got ripped. But they had to conference every time they turned around. And made some poor decisions going both ways.

On last play before half. How on earth can a dead ball personal foul. Give Gallia back the ball after a punt post possession foul. I don’t know what right call was there but should of not been a Gallia untuned play.

On the fumble at goal line. I do not understand. I was standing in other end zone so I have no idea if he got to goal line or not. But no way that the call is correct. The Jackson kidclearly recovers that ball in the end zone. There is no doubt where the recovery took place.
So if it is a fumble it should be a touchback Jackson ball on 20. If not then your call mccellond down at 1 yard line and it is 3rd or 4th and 1 to go. Gallia ball. I don’t understand what you are calling that it is Jackson ball at 1 yard line. Maybe there is some rule I don’t understand but one way or another that was a bad call.

The pass interference at goal line I do not disagree with Jackson fan. Armstrong clearly had his arm on back side early. Here is my problem with that call. Armstrong covered that kid all night. On every play not a inch between them. Kid caught what 3 other balls with zero yards after catch because every time Armstrong had his arm on the backside of him when ball came making the tackle. And no one ever pulled a flag out of pocket. If you were going to call it should of called it all night. It did not impede a chance at a ball that was not going to be caught but technically right call. I just thought it was a poor call to make on a kid that you had not called all the other times he did it.

Finally the no call at goalline on the flag he picked up. Was clearly a illegal procedure on Jackson. The linesman dropped the flag before snap. The Jackson kid went from one hand down in the three point stance to the other one. Happened right in front of me and that official. I mean it was on opposite side of play caused no kid to jump but boy 2 plays after the pass interference call would of been nice to have Jackson back at 8 yard line.

I am sure there were other bad or questionable calls going both ways. From my vantage point those are just ones I saw. My problem is they conferred so many times to do nothing or make a questionable or wrong decision.

All and all I thought fans and players handled themselves well in a closely contested ball game. What a way for series to end. Congratulations Jackson. And good luck the rest of way.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good game.

I had a different view I think than a lot of you. I was on the 35 midway up on towards the north end.

Game started awful I thought as Jackson gained a first down...flag, holding #22. Gained a 30 yard run near midfield...flag, holding #22. I saw neither, maybe they were but that kid gets the tick tackiest foul calls in basketball and glad it’s worked it’s way to the football field smh. Next possession same ref who threw those flags gave Jackson a poor spot on would be first down but that limelight was stolen as ref called personal foul on the play....pinned, bad snap....safety. The flag pick up late, no clue. I thought it was definitely interference on the 4th down call this time finally favoring #22. I was closer to fumble at goal line but can’t say where it was, too many bodies. Refs did a great job not seeing the lightning flashes that were 15 miles away just south of Oak Hill.

Gallia was excellent. They were physical, tough, disciplined and seemed to know everything Jackson was gonna do. I applaud them. Jackson battled and battled and never gave up....took every ounce of their will to get it done and I greatly commend them on their efforts.

Mitchell Johnson....atta boy!

Haller...way to be ready when needed!

I recall a fumble back when that stadium opened on the same goal line equally as close to sealing the game. Sometimes the wait is long.

Go Ironmen!

Return to “Football”