Meadowbrooke home & away (L) by 4 ... 14-3
Parkersburg South (#4 in WVa - all divisions/schools combined) (L) by 6
@ Parkersburg (8-6) (L) by 6 - #35 All divisions/schools combined
Parkersburg Catholic (10-5) (W) #30 All divisions/schools combined
Chillicothe ... 12-4
@Logan ... 14-1
Waterford ... 8-3
@New Philly (L) by 3 ... 10-5

..... others since they were brought up , I would count them as middle of the road teams

Morgan x 2 ... L opening night by 7 ... W in the rematch by 10
@Alexander ... W by 9
@ Athens ... W by 23

..... Fairfield Union SoS

South & Beechcroft are legitimate excellent teams L by 26 /L by 10
Teays Valley (L by 2 in OT)

Both Watterson & St. Charles are nowhere the teams of last year or years past they are legitimately DOWN ... L to Amanda CC is a BAD loss ... quality win ?

... Sheridan SoS

John Glenn (L)
Philo (L)
Tri Valley (W) OT ... only quality W

I will disagree a little on Watterson and St. Charles. In the past they would be great wins, but I'd still consider them pretty decent wins. Both are playing loaded schedules, which knock down their records. If you put them in the MSL, FAC or TVC, they'd be among the best teams.

St. Chuck went to Logan last night and played them to a five-point game, and Logan is one of the better teams in our district. Watterson, I believe, lost by a basket to Ready earlier this season, and Ready is a very athletic, long team that would give many of our teams fits.
Last edited by bman on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Re: DII - Logan sectional

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:49 pm With how Amanda has played since the new year started, it is looking less and less like a bad loss for FU. The Aces had a rough start, but have really started to roll lately. Smith is a house inside and like bman said, they have several shooters. Very interesting team.
I felt Amanda had the potential to win 15 games before the season with their length and athleticism, but they got off to an awful start and were playing poorly on the defensive end. They've seemed to found that second gear over the last week and improved on defense, but I want to see if they can continue to play at this level. If they can, I feel they'll be around 13-7 or 12-8 at the draw and it doesn't look as bad for Fairfield Union.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

A lot of discussion about how 1-4 will shake out.

Lets looks at the other half. Who do 1-4 want to avoid? It's just as important as who 5-10 'want' to play.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:49 pm With how Amanda has played since the new year started, it is looking less and less like a bad loss for FU. The Aces had a rough start, but have really started to roll lately. Smith is a house inside and like bman said, they have several shooters. Very interesting team.
Made 10 3's in first half vs fu. 10!!!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu getting Run by South is what everyone expected though. And south would do the same thing to anyone in the district.

Nobody will argue the AC loss hurt, but theyve rebounded, and ive tried to give them some benefit of the doubt since they hadnt played in so long due to weather, and AC got to play the night before. But i still agree its a bad peg on their record.

It sounds like conley is finally feeling heathy and houston is really starting to get comfortable. Im hoping fu is getting ready to hit their stride.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

bman wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:05 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 pm Warren SoS

Fort Frye home & away W/W ...
Chillicothe ... 12-4
@Logan ... 14-1
Waterford ... 8-3

..... others since they were brought up , I would count them as middle of the road teams

@Alexander ... W by 9
@ Athens ... W by 23

Both Watterson & St. Charles are nowhere the teams of last year or years past they are legitimately DOWN ... L to Amanda CC is a BAD loss ... quality win ?

... Sheridan SoS

John Glenn (L)
Philo (L)

I will disagree a little on Watterson and St. Charles. In the past they would be great wins, but I'd still consider them pretty decent wins. Both are playing loaded schedules, which knock down their records. If you put them in the MSL, FAC or TVC, they'd be among the best teams.

St. Chuck went to Logan last night and played them to a five-point game, and Logan is one of the better teams in our district. Watterson, I believe, lost by a basket to Ready earlier this season, and Ready is a very athletic, long team that would give many of our teams fits.
Watterson is 1-3 or 1-4 v Athens the past 5 years. Athens can’t win a league title, so please tell me how Watterson is some huge win on the schedule, other than a name? Disclaimer, I know nothing about St Charles.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That's not true Barlow.

Watterson is (2-2) vs Athens

2014 they lost to us 42-27 at the Convo
2015 they killed us 76-44 up there.
2016 they lost to us 74-49
2017 they clobbered us 61-43 up there.

---------------------------------------------------------------

61-43
61-38

Those are scores of Warren & Watterson over Athens in a span of 4 days. Watched both play back-to-back, they are mirror images of each other. You have to count FU win over Watterson as a quality win.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:06 pm
bman wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:05 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 pm Warren SoS

Fort Frye home & away W/W ...
Chillicothe ... 12-4
@Logan ... 14-1
Waterford ... 8-3

@Alexander ... W by 9
@ Athens ... W by 23

... Sheridan SoS

John Glenn (L)
Philo (L)

Watterson is 1-3 or 1-4 v Athens the past 5 years. Athens can’t win a league title, so please tell me how Watterson is some huge win on the schedule, other than a name? Disclaimer, I know nothing about St Charles.

Watterson hammered Athens pretty good this season. Didn't Vinton just lose to Athens on its home court? I guess, according to your logic, then Vinton isn't very good.

Take a look at the schedule: http://www.dispatch.com/section/search. ... FirstName=

Now substitute Meigs, Nelsonville, Greenfield, Hillsboro, Court House, Circleville, Logan Elm for Westerville North, Dayton Carroll, Hartley, Ready and some of the other schools Watterson is playing and that record looks quite a bit different.

Is Watterson a great win? No. Is it on par with beating a team around here that wins 15 games? Yes.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Great thing about actually SEEING teams play is you don't need to look at schedules and scores, bman ... lol

I watched Watterson play Athens on Saturday, and then Warren take on the Dogs on Tuesday, three days later. There is not much difference between the two and Floyd has Warren 9th this week I think. Eagles center Jimmy Patton is about like Huffman. He had 24 vs Athens, Huffman had 25. You put Watterson and Warren on a neutral court and its a pick em in Vegas.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:30 pm Great thing about actually SEEING teams play is you don't need to look at schedules and scores, bman ... lol

I watched Watterson play Athens on Saturday, and then Warren take on the Dogs on Tuesday, three days later. There is not much difference between the two and Floyd has Warren 9th this week I think. Eagles center Jimmy Patton is about like Huffman. He had 24 vs Athens, Huffman had 25. You put Watterson and Warren on a neutral court and its a pick em in Vegas.
I agree completely. I've watched Hartley, Ready and Wellington this season, and Watterson and St. Charles competing with some of them shows me they have some talent, because those teams I've watch are long, athletic and are pretty darn good.

Folks just look at the record and see 6-7 and say they must not be very good. There is a difference between playing in a meat grinder like the CCL, along with a half-dozen OCC and City League schools, plus some other good teams like Grandview Heights and Dayton Carroll then it is playing in one of our leagues, which are top heavy and have quite a few mediocre to subpar teams that pad records.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union will be able to settle the seed issue this week. If they are able to beat Hamilton Twp at their place and Teays Valley at home then they make a strong statement for being 1 seed again. If they lose one or both then they are out of the conversation. IMO. Both of these teams are D1 teams that are playing very well right now and leading the MSL.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 pm Fairfield Union will be able to settle the seed issue this week. If they are able to beat Hamilton Twp at their place and Teays Valley at home then they make a strong statement for being 1 seed again. If they lose one or both then they are out of the conversation. IMO. Both of these teams are D1 teams that are playing very well right now and leading the MSL.
... good point Smeltzy ... is the TV game on Friday ?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:00 pm
Smeltzy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 pm Fairfield Union will be able to settle the seed issue this week. If they are able to beat Hamilton Twp at their place and Teays Valley at home then they make a strong statement for being 1 seed again. If they lose one or both then they are out of the conversation. IMO. Both of these teams are D1 teams that are playing very well right now and leading the MSL.
... good point Smeltzy ... is the TV game on Friday ?

It's a Saturday night game.

Then Fairfield hosts Unioto the following Saturday night, 2/10.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... would love to see the Fairfield Union vs Unioto game BUT I will be in Chesapeake for the Beasts of the SouthEast for the day ... it will be a dandy at FU !

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Looks to me like the most coveted seeds at Logan should be #6, #3, and #1, because they are the ones where they could win a district championship without lining up to play Fairland. How do you get your the team the #3 instead of the #2 if you are deserving of the #2?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mhs95_06 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:48 pm Looks to me like the most coveted seeds at Logan should be #6, #3, and #1, because they are the ones where they could win a district championship without lining up to play Fairland. How do you get your the team the #3 instead of the #2 if you are deserving of the #2?
All fine and dandy unless they vote Unioto over Fairland

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

1. Sheridan 12-2
2. Fairfield Union 10-4
3. Warren 11-5
4. Vinton County 10-4
5. Athens 6-9
6. New Lexington 5-8
7. Circleville 5-10
8. Logan elm 5-11
9. Marietta 5-11
10. Westfall 3-13

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 am 1. Sheridan 12-2
2. Fairfield Union 10-4
3. Warren 11-5
4. Vinton County 10-4
5. Athens 6-9
6. New Lexington 5-8
7. Circleville 5-10
8. Logan elm 5-11
9. Marietta 5-11
10. Westfall 3-13
Looking at New Lex's upcoming schedule before the draw, 3 notable games are Tri-Valley, John Glenn and Sheridan. 3 tough teams. If they can pull out an upset over one of those 3, maybe they get the 5 seed, guess it may depend what Athens does at Jackson tomorrow night.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:03 am
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 am 1. Sheridan 12-2
2. Fairfield Union 10-4
3. Warren 11-5
4. Vinton County 10-4
5. Athens 6-9
6. New Lexington 5-8
7. Circleville 5-10
8. Logan elm 5-11
9. Marietta 5-11
10. Westfall 3-13
Looking at New Lex's upcoming schedule before the draw, 3 notable games are Tri-Valley, John Glenn and Sheridan. 3 tough teams. If they can pull out an upset over one of those 3, maybe they get the 5 seed, guess it may depend what Athens does at Jackson tomorrow night.
I also notice that both Warren and VC play Chillicothe before the draw. Could how these teams do against that D-1 opponent determine the 3-4 seed? Say Warren loses to them and VC wins, does VC get that 3 seed instead of Warren? Thoughts? This is assuming that VC gets the win at the Alley on Friday in a huge TVC-Ohio matchup.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Sheridan has some tough games left also to remain at 1 seed worthy. They still have to play at Tri Valley and at John Glenn. Both those games could be losses. No matter how you look at things, everyone has some tough games these last couple weeks, so it could be real interesting by the draw meeting next weekend.

Return to “Boys Basketball”