RACELAND, KY RAMS PLAYING FOR STATE TITLE AS WELL

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: RACELAND, KY RAMS PLAYING FOR STATE TITLE AS WELL

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I DIDN'T KNOW THEY PLAYED FOOTBALL IN KENTUCKY EXCEPT FOR THE LARGE CATHOLIC SCHOOLS IN THE STATE

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 pm I DIDN'T KNOW THEY PLAYED FOOTBALL IN KENTUCKY EXCEPT FOR THE LARGE CATHOLIC SCHOOLS IN THE STATE
JUST KIDDING !!!!! (GOOD LUCK TO RACELAND)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :) :) :) :)
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 pm I DIDN'T KNOW THEY PLAYED FOOTBALL IN KENTUCKY EXCEPT FOR THE LARGE CATHOLIC SCHOOLS IN THE STATE

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO FORMER IRONTON COACH MARK LEWIS AND THE MIGHTY RAMS THIS WEEKEND PLAYING FOR THE STATE TITLE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M PRETTY STOKED FOR YOU RACELAND RAMS, I HOPE YOU WIN THE STATE TITLE GAME.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Beechwood 41 Raceland 00 Final

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:27 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :) :) :) :)
Apparently 1 team does 😳

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:43 am
Westfan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Your envy is oozing all throughout this post. Nothing but ignorant drivel.
Really? Care to explain why?
Why certainly. First let us look at your second paragraph. Is there any reason why you had to try and make Burg and Raceland seem like they aren’t a good program? Only products of their geographical location? I mean seriously. You can’t give a nod to a team who has surpassed what your team has done. That’s envy.

Secondly, you stated that West was “quite a bit better than Raceland”. How do you figure? The score was pretty darn close if I remember correctly. West had to score late in the 4th to go ahead. That’s not quite a bit better in many books. Maybe on the West side it is.

Lastly. You can find joy in this one, just think. You guys beat the state runner up in Kentucky. If you played there, you could be the State Runner up.
Yeah but now West gets to say they beat the state runner up in Kentucky and lost to the Ohio Division V State Champs, not many teams can lay claim to that.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm Yeah but now West gets to say they beat the state runner up in Kentucky and lost to the Ohio Division V State Champs, not many teams can lay claim to that.
And gave regional finalist Coal Grove their only regular season loss.

Jolly P says he likes facts. I stand by my previous statement. Absolutely you have to coach up the players and create a winning environment, but you have to have the players to coach up and transfers are a huge part of that.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

When all was said and done West had a nice season.
They ran into some bigger horses in their final two games.

Have no investment in West, but would think, if those kids have any fight in them they will be in the weight room, on their own, as a team and doing the other work that needs to be done. Then when practices is allowed to begin not only will the harder work put them a step ahead of last year, the team unity will be even stronger. Then again the whole needs to want it, not just the some.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WOW, I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT. BUT BEECHWOOD IS A BEAST. BUT CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MIGHTY RACELAND RAMS ON A SUPERLATIVE 2017 CAMPAIGN.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Westfan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:25 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm Yeah but now West gets to say they beat the state runner up in Kentucky and lost to the Ohio Division V State Champs, not many teams can lay claim to that.
And gave regional finalist Coal Grove their only regular season loss.

Jolly P says he likes facts. I stand by my previous statement. Absolutely you have to coach up the players and create a winning environment, but you have to have the players to coach up and transfers are a huge part of that.
I believe out of the 80 some kids that Wheelersburg dresses only 2 transferred in while in high school. Every other player has been in Wheelersburg’s system since pee wee.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:29 pm I believe out of the 80 some kids that Wheelersburg dresses only 2 transferred in while in high school. Every other player has been in Wheelersburg’s system since pee wee.
Your competitive balance number was 25. In another thread didn't they figure about 20 kids lived out of district? If that's right that's about 25% of your roster. When they came is irrelevant. And Wheelersburg doesn't take everyone open enrollment, so the ones that are there are probably good athletes.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Westfan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:14 pm
bleed_blue wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:29 pm I believe out of the 80 some kids that Wheelersburg dresses only 2 transferred in while in high school. Every other player has been in Wheelersburg’s system since pee wee.
Your competitive balance number was 25. In another thread didn't they figure about 20 kids lived out of district? If that's right that's about 25% of your roster. When they came is irrelevant. And Wheelersburg doesn't take everyone open enrollment, so the ones that are there are probably good athletes.
When a kid enrolls in a school does matter with competitive balance. As I’ve stated I believe only 2 kids currently on Wheelersburg’s roster transfereed while in high school while the rest have been in Wheelersburg’s system for quite awhile. Wheelersburg believe it or doesn’t base their open enrollment on a child’s athletic ability. So to state that a big reason for Wheelersburg success is based transfers is a bit off base.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

bleed_blue wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:52 am When a kid enrolls in a school does matter with competitive balance. As I’ve stated I believe only 2 kids currently on Wheelersburg’s roster transfereed while in high school while the rest have been in Wheelersburg’s system for quite awhile. Wheelersburg believe it or doesn’t base their open enrollment on a child’s athletic ability. So to state that a big reason for Wheelersburg success is based transfers is a bit off base.
Yes if they enroll after 7th grade the competitive balance number increases by 1. But that's not what I mean. Don't act like transfers and move ins aren't a big part of your success when 25% of your roster comes from outside your district.

As far as open enrollment at Wheelersburg. You are wrong. At West if you apply for open enrollment you go to a list. They take kids in order as classes are open. I know for a fact this doesn't happen at Wheelersburg.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Westfan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:47 am
bleed_blue wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:52 am When a kid enrolls in a school does matter with competitive balance. As I’ve stated I believe only 2 kids currently on Wheelersburg’s roster transfereed while in high school while the rest have been in Wheelersburg’s system for quite awhile. Wheelersburg believe it or doesn’t base their open enrollment on a child’s athletic ability. So to state that a big reason for Wheelersburg success is based transfers is a bit off base.
Yes if they enroll after 7th grade the competitive balance number increases by 1. But that's not what I mean. Don't act like transfers and move ins aren't a big part of your success when 25% of your roster comes from outside your district.

As far as open enrollment at Wheelersburg. You are wrong. At West if you apply for open enrollment you go to a list. They take kids in order as classes are open. I know for a fact this doesn't happen at Wheelersburg.
Once again all but I believe 2 kids that are currently on Wheelersburg’s roster have been at Wheelersburg since well before high school. Almost all I believe have been at Wheelersburg their entire educational career well before any started playing football. So stating a big reason Wheelersburg is successful is because they are getting everyone’s best players is not correct. Wheelersburg’s open enrollment is a first come first serve as long as there are spots available.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

How does Wheelersburg come into a post about the Raceland Rams and their achievements? Wow, let the Raceland community enjoy their moment.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I agree let the rams enjoy the spot light

SOC 1

Return to “Football”