Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton (8/26)

Post by Mad-Dogg »

GAME DAY!! 7 hrs 30 min till KO

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I thought Kickoff was at 7:30pm!!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

WOW! I just read the ENTIRE thread. Only 9 pages.
I see everyone is still on here getting their sh•*s & giggles.
So much pride & enthusiasm & every ounce and a while....
Class shows up!!!
Good luck to both squads.

WB has another chance to rep SEO & the region looks a bit different! Possibly the the big dance!?!?!
Sounds like they've added some challengers to their schedule, no neck deep cold water for division 5 either. Whew!
Looks like 19 goes through the MAC 20 to play that other area..... Genoa, I think!!!

BACK TO RUPAULS DRAG RACE MARATHON UNTIL GAME TIME. The only place that has more shade than this topic!
Lol!!!

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

What time is kickoff?

tobehonest
Waterboy

Post by tobehonest »

falcons4life wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:50 pm What time is kickoff?
7:30

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

19:50

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

is this kickoff at 7 or 7:30. I really wanted to make this one being a sat. but mrs. bait is fighting with a pinched nerve in her back. and I been on Keflex for 10 days for a sinus infection and got the winabi trots/

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS TONIGHT AGAINST THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES. HOPE IT'S A FUN , SAFE, INJURY FREE GAME.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Hahahahahaha

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The Burg dominated again. It will be a long season for the Tigers if they continue to run the spread. It is apparent they do not have a line that is capable of maintaining their blocks long enough for the play to develop. The Burg only rushed 3 many times and still were getting to the QB. You also cannot establish the run from the spread. Ironton had a pitiful net of 2 yards in the first half. In the past, the Burg could at least count on Ironton for positive playoff points. I hate to say it but I believe that is about to end this year. Good luck to the Burg on the remainder of their season. I wish you nothing but success.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

79Tiger wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:08 pm You also cannot establish the run from the spread.
Wheelersburg seemed to run it ok. So does most other schools. Ohio State does ok lol. This ideology is exactly why Ironton sucks now.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 1 WHEELERSBURG @ IRONTON

Post by Buramgerdin »

Buramgerdin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am Seen both teams, heard Ironton plans to run the spread. I am making an early prediction before I see both scrimmage,

Tigers 6 BURG 54
I wasn't far off. Ironton is not good. To be honest, Burg has had better teams but this is week 1.

Tiger fans, I have seen Ashland and Russell play. Be prepared for a running clock in the Ashland game, they have speed speed speed and will score at will. Russell will be a close on but you will get out coached most likely. Then it will be back to the worst conference in Ohio where your team will "really start to gel and come together" before Portsmouth beats you in game 10.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Buramgerdin wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:25 pm
Buramgerdin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am Seen both teams, heard Ironton plans to run the spread. I am making an early prediction before I see both scrimmage,

Tigers 6 BURG 54
I wasn't far off. Ironton is not good. To be honest, Burg has had better teams but this is week 1.

Tiger fans, I have seen Ashland and Russell play. Be prepared for a running clock in the Ashland game, they have speed speed speed and will score at will. Russell will be a close on but you will get out coached most likely. Then it will be back to the worst conference in Ohio where your team will "really start to gel and come together" before Portsmouth beats you in game 10.
Heard that.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tigers 6 BURG 54
I wasn't far off. Ironton is not good. [To be honest, Burg has had better teams but this is week 1.]

I have to disagree with that. I think this is one of the better teams they have had in a few years. I've never seen a Burg team as a deep as this one. Not a lot of two way players and were subbing in and out quite a bit and not losing a step

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Speed and skill is really good
Offensive line is not a strength.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:22 pm

Tigers 6 BURG 54
I wasn't far off. Ironton is not good. [To be honest, Burg has had better teams but this is week 1.]

I have to disagree with that. I think this is one of the better teams they have had in a few years. I've never seen a Burg team as a deep as this one. Not a lot of two way players and were subbing in and out quite a bit and not losing a step
I disagree- this team is very deep with a lot more threats than I have ever seen before. A lot of younger threats at that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well gang, on to next week. I wish the fighting tigers and the pirates all the luck in the world.
I've said it many times. sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

on the radio interview of the burg coach, he all but said this might be his best burg team yet. they'll not likely get tested again till the bishop Watterson game. maybe Jackson, but not likely.

vincent_chase
Waterboy

Post by vincent_chase »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:46 am on the radio interview of the burg coach, he all but said this might be his best burg team yet. they'll not likely get tested again till the bishop Watterson game. maybe Jackson, but not likely.
Tested again? They were not tested last night

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Wow! That really happened. Two teams on entirely different levels. I had hopes of Ironton at least making a game of it this year. For Ironton's sake I really hope Burg is just that good, and on their way to a state run. I have nothing but respect for their program and approach in all their sports. My daughter got to witness it first hand. It is special. Best of luck to Burg the rest of the way, and I hope The Tigers regroup and get some wins outside the OVC starting with Russell next week.

Return to “Football”