Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

pmow3
Varsity

Re: WEEK 1 WHEELERSBURG @ IRONTON

Post by pmow3 »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:07 am Burg has a chance imo to lose 3 games this year.

Fact is Week 1 is on of those 3 games. Away, Week 1, Saturday, never know what will happen in first game of year. Our staff and players have managed that "never know Week 1" situation better than Ironton in years past.

Better discipline, better conditioning, better coaching I think trumps Ironton once again at the end of the day.
Lose 3 games??? Really? Burg will beat Ironton by 30+. I'm sorry. They are in a different class than anyone in SEO this year. Jackson won't come within 20. Watterson might be a game. But even that one, IMO is a Burg win easily. They are rolling and will continue to roll the next 3 or 4 years.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Fact is Week 1 is on of those 3 games. Away, Week 1, Saturday, never know what will happen in first game of year. Our staff and players have managed that "never know Week 1" situation better than Ironton in years past.

Better discipline, better conditioning, better coaching I think trumps Ironton once again at the end of the day.
[/quote]

Lose 3 games??? Really? Burg will beat Ironton by 30+. I'm sorry. They are in a different class than anyone in SEO this year. Jackson won't come within 20. Watterson might be a game. But even that one, IMO is a Burg win easily. They are rolling and will continue to roll the next 3 or 4 years.
[/quote]

PMOW3 Watterson is a very good Columbus D3 team and I don't think that the Burg is going to handle them easily. This game was scheduled for a reason. It is to either knock the boys down a peg like the Jackson game did a few years ago or build a tremendous amount of momentum IF they can win it. Either way it's a positive.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Two D3 schools that were in Week 12 playoffs just a couple years ago against each other.

Yeah Watterson may be "down" a little last year or supposed to be this year maybe but fact is what 5 or so years ago (maybe 6) they were D3 state champs. Schools like Watterson or DeSales or Hartley don't stay "down" long.

Week 4 - 5 we play two D3 schools that may pass the ball a total of 10 times between both of them lol and will field 75 kids a piece. Be very physical games and sooner or later Jackson will figure out how to field an onside kick.

And Week 1? Yeah should be all Burg. But Week 1 and rivalry and at Tank and Saturday and maybe some jitters, you just never know.

Best to be a little humble.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:07 am Burg has a chance imo to lose 3 games this year.

PLEASE!! who do u think will be the 3 losses. even though wk one is at ironton we should win that one by several td's. wk three at heath they lost everyone from last yrs team. the only two games i possibly see bein a challenge is jackson and watterson

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:03 am

PLEASE!! who do u think will be the 3 losses. even though wk one is at ironton we should win that one by several td's. wk three at heath they lost everyone from last yrs team. the only two games i possibly see bein a challenge is jackson and watterson
Lol, man everyone is so sensitive. As I mentioned a couple posts above Week 1-4-5 would at least now appear to be three games that could be competitive. Week 4 is in my mind the biggest challenge. Playing Watterson and Jackson back to back will be interesting in that they are both traditionally run heavy physical programs.

So those would be the 3 games that could (at least in my opinion) be possible. Do I think we drop all them, no way, drop 2 out of 3 probably not, 1 out of the 3 possibly. Ironton is only on there because of the Week 1 factor, and sometimes you just never know what happens in those games especially given the history.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg has West and Waverly at home so that is an advantage. But both teams return alot and they both played Wheelersburg tough last year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 am Wheelersburg has West and Waverly at home so that is an advantage. But both teams return alot and they both played Wheelersburg tough last year.
Burg returns a lot as well. Offensively I think around 6 to 7 starters and defensively around the same but that's even a little misleading as they have multiple packages with other players

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think the fighting tigers find a way this year to right the ship. I just have a fellin in my lower unit.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I was wondering if IBTT could let us know where the 5-6 D1 kids from last year's Ironton team ended up college wise.

I would like to follow them a little this year and see how they are doing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think the vast majority skipped college altogether and are in nfl training camps as free agents. c'mon fellers ibtt is a great guy. he may have some rose colored glasses at times. his son is rehabbed and ready to roll from his torn acl.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I just poking a bit YTB, almost go time here in a month or so.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:43 am I think the vast majority skipped college altogether and are in nfl training camps as free agents. c'mon fellers ibtt is a great guy. he may have some rose colored glasses at times. his son is rehabbed and ready to roll from his torn acl.
agree 100% bait...........

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so is this game Saturday sept. 2nd at the tank.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

It's Saturday, August 26th at 7:30 pm at the tank

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Seen both teams, heard Ironton plans to run the spread. I am making an early prediction before I see both scrimmage,

Tigers 6 BURG 54

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

3 pages?
I feel like Burg fans are slacking off here..........

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Looking for Burg to be stronger than they were last year with the returning QB. WR's speed/size unmatched.

Last year was 42-0 at home at halftime.

Playing on the road at the Tank, early in the season, I'm going conservative with 35-6.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If the game is like last year someone should be handing out pink slips after the game and I don't mean the ones you can wear.
Last edited by Game day on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:47 am 3 pages?
the dogg is here. the series has def lost it's luster

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:55 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:47 am 3 pages?
the dogg is here. the series has def lost it's luster
Yea, that definitely has a lot to do with it. Hopefully someday soon it becomes more competitive.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”