24 season?

captainmorgan_
JV Team

24 season?

Post by captainmorgan_ »

anyone discuss softball in our area anymore? or am I in the wrong place? not on on social media much. what teams are we watching beside wburg? top players?

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Re: 24 season?

Post by captainmorgan_ »

even younger kids jr high level. who’s good ?

SoftballAlways
Waterboy

Post by SoftballAlways »

High school…I would say Notre Dame, South Webster, Wellston, Unioto all have talent and should have excellent seasons.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

top players to watch? anyone able to fill m eatons shoes as top player in the area?

SoftballAlways
Waterboy

Post by SoftballAlways »

Catie Boggs at Wheelersburg who is a Junior and has committed to play at North Carolina. She is definitely in Eaton’s class.

Kroeter
Riding the Bench

Post by Kroeter »

DII Sweet 16 from 2023
ASVSM
Marlington
Canfield
Holy Name
Sheridan
Steubenville
Indian Valley
Unioto
Maumee
Ontario
Tallmadge
Bryan
Highland
Kenton Ridge
Cleves Taylor
Greenville

Elite 8from 2023
Marlington
Canfield
Steubenville
Unioto
Maumee
Tallmadge
Kenton Ridge
Greenville

Final 4from 2023
Canfield
Steubenville
Tallmadge
Greenville

Tallmadge over Canfield for 2023 State Title

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

My password was jacked up for years , nice to be logged back in . Kinda lost track of the scene for sure . Could someone list the best players in the area , already know about Boggs in Burg .. Who are ND's leaders ? I know the pitcher is going to Pitt ( ?? I think) SW has a good squad back ? And West has talent . Would love some reports about the upcoming season .

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
SoftballAlways
Waterboy

Post by SoftballAlways »

ND has talented pitchers in Ford and Sparks. SW returns all their starters but Claxon had foot surgery, not sure of her return. Unioto returns a talented core group that went to the Regional finals last year. Portsmouth West lost a lot when they lost McDermott.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SoftballAlways wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:11 pm ND has talented pitchers in Ford and Sparks. SW returns all their starters but Claxon had foot surgery, not sure of her return. Unioto returns a talented core group that went to the Regional finals last year. Portsmouth West lost a lot when they lost McDermott.
Impossible to replace a pitcher like McDermott. Besides the pitching question mark, alot of talent is returned. Moore and Bradford would be the standouts but the whole lineup should be pretty solid.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Camryn Spruell, junior at Hillsboro High School, is verbally committed to Ball State. She is an excellent player. Was 2nd Team All-Ohio as a Sophomore last season.

Kroeter
Riding the Bench

Post by Kroeter »

SE DII teams have a lot returning. District Champs Sheridan and Unioto especially with Sheridan only losing 1 starter. Of the top 8 seeds from last year Athens and Circleville took the biggest hits from graduation. Logan Elm, Hillsboro, Jackson and Fairland all have plenty of returners.

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

I'm hearing Piketon has some talented freshmen who will be on the field this season.

SoOhSoftball
Waterboy

Post by SoOhSoftball »

Martin and Sorbelli from Ironton are 2 dangerous hitters and Wallace and Sorbelli should be a very good one-two punch on the mound

Return to “Softball”