Ironton 2022

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton 2022

Post by orangeandblack98 »

Does anyone really think the have a chance against the burg next year?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Sure .. anytime you have an HS ace that good you have a shot . Would Burg be the favorite / sure , but softball is all about pitching , and when you got it you are in every game , assuming they can play even a ounce of D

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

For example -- I know a team in Ky that went to the Final four last year with not too much better talent than Ironton. I'd say pitching is around equal. So could they beat a young Burg team ? sure . Maybe not in a 5 game series but 1 game with 15-18 year olds , anything can happen.

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

i could see ironton beating burg if moore throws a good game. not impossible at all. walk eaton and score a couple of runs. wburg doesnt have real strong pitching they rely mainly on offense.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:59 pm i could see ironton beating burg if moore throws a good game. not impossible at all. walk eaton and score a couple of runs. wburg doesnt have real strong pitching they rely mainly on offense.
Be careful underestimating Burg’s pitcher. She was only a freshman yet still took the team to the final four. Also she has a softball World Series title game win to her name.

As for your “walk Eaton” strategy, this Burg team will be loaded with hitters from 1-9. Again, let’s not forget that a number of these girls were also on that little league World Series team.

Ironton will need a small miracle to beat Burg softball this year.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I agree walk the batter that has power and will hurt you every time. Take your chances with other 8. Odds go up big time even with a runner on 1st or 2nd walk that hitter instead of a three run homer or two run homer . Make the others make plays, everyone has there opinions but pressure on other players to produce in tight games . Tossup and gamble but 7-10 times you’ll come out ahead Ironton pitcher is the truth. Good luck to all next season

Areukidinme
Waterboy

Post by Areukidinme »

Unfortunately, the "Eaton strategy" could be implemented every local game she plays and if it can be proven successful, could be carried throughout tourney play. As a hitter there only a couple of local pitchers who match up with her but she still has the advantage. Again, Burg has reloaded, most games will not be competitive. I know the thread is about Ironton, just trying to respond to the strategy comment.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

It’s almost time for some ironton softball. how we look?
Burg has to replace 2 of their top 3 bats in the lineup I know they have talent every year but just wouldnt make sense to pitch to eaton

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

So if you pitch to power hitter , your either going to be down 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 or 4-0 , depends on runners on base, then the thought would be make someone else beat you, if they do ,you was more than likely going to be down by that score anyways or take a more favorable percentage and make those players put ball in play ,if theyre not struck out by your ace. I would even go so far to say if bases loaded walk one run in or face possible 2-4 runs scored intead of 1. Play the percentages in big games or try and go pitcher vs batter and see how that ends up. Maybe try it once but odds are against pitcher completely stopping hitter. In tight games one swing will beat you, pick and choose. Congrats to Keegan Moore for signing with Ohio University, Stay focused and you will make the Tigers and Bobcats proud. OU Coachs will be great fit for your future.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

anyone been out to see the tigers yet? how do we look?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:47 pm It’s almost time for some ironton softball. how we look?
Burg has to replace 2 of their top 3 bats in the lineup I know they have talent every year but just wouldnt make sense to pitch to eaton
pitching to Eaton last night didnt end well for webster

SoOhSoftball
Waterboy

Post by SoOhSoftball »

Ironton opener tonight at Huntington High WV

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:12 pm Does anyone really think the have a chance against the burg next year?
Be no easy task, but after watching West a few times so far, they will be right there with Burg I believe.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:20 pm
orangeandblack98 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:12 pm Does anyone really think the have a chance against the burg next year?
Be no easy task, but after watching West a few times so far, they will be right there with Burg I believe.
West pitcher is best in the area. If she’s on the mound they always have a chance. Should have beat burg last year at burg

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

better than moore ?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:53 pm better than moore ?
I think so. She’s getting looked at by some top 20 caliber schools

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:53 pm better than moore ?
I believe she has only given up 1 run so far this year. Been fun to watch.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

JTEK wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:26 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:20 pm
West pitcher is best in the area. If she’s on the mound they always have a chance. Should have beat burg last year at burg
Best pitcher in the area? Don’t forget about Gwen Sparks and Kyndall Ford from Notre Dame. Both pitchers will be highly recruited also. Both girls are only a sophomore

SoOhSoftball
Waterboy

Post by SoOhSoftball »

Good start for Moore, back to back road games, 13 innings
One hit 25 strikeouts

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Moore is the real deal, but South Webster pitched to power hitter and lost , so the odds went up 10 fold by doing that and they lost. So do you make other players beat you and yes maybe they will on occasion but I would prefer to make them do it and play the odds. in the tourny its one game and your outof tourny. Pick your poision, pitch to hitter that the outcome is against you in the end or make the other players step up and produce under pressure. My thoughts is you pull out all stops in the tournament and play good defense then anyone can beat anyone on a given nite. The season is only the warmup for the state title run. Good Luck to all this season. Bobcats getting the real deal. GO BobCats.

Return to “Softball”