Ironton 2022

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Ironton 2022

Post by captainmorgan_ »

can moore carry the team back to a regional final? anyone but burg standing in the way?

Areukidinme
Waterboy

Re: Ironton 2022

Post by Areukidinme »

Burg will advance to the final four in 2022, beating the Ironton ace again. Game may be closer next time, if their pitching prospects improve Ironton better be wary of Portsmouth. Trojans have a fine team, offensively and defensively and are the only other team in the area who can compete with the BURG!

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

Areukidinme wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:10 am Trojans ... are the only other team in the area who can compete with the BURG!
Not sure Portsmouth West would agree with that statement. I believe they shutout Portsmouth this past Spring 8-0 and played Wheelersburg tight late in the season dropping the game 1-3. I don't think West loses any starters and should have another solid year with a young team again.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg should be better in 2022. may not hit as many HR's but will be much better defensively and will have more pitching depth to give howard some rest during regular season. In my opinion their best team will probably be 2023

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

fbnut wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:47 am Burg should be better in 2022. may not hit as many HR's but will be much better defensively and will have more pitching depth to give howard some rest during regular season. In my opinion their best team will probably be 2023
I assume there will be some incoming freshmen that will help defensively? I mean, you have put this past seasons teams defense down more than once on here lol.. if there was someone better, they would have been on the field. So must be a pretty good group of freshmen coming in..

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Freshman replacing Rylie Hughes Boo Sturgill and being better on either D or O as a team ? I'm not in the loop but thats large expectations .

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

My thoughts too Dan. But this guy, at the beginning of last season, talked about how weak the infield was before they even lost Eller to injury..

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

SoftballGirl wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:56 am
Areukidinme wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:10 am Trojans ... are the only other team in the area who can compete with the BURG!
Not sure Portsmouth West would agree with that statement. I believe they shutout Portsmouth this past Spring 8-0 and played Wheelersburg tight late in the season dropping the game 1-3. I don't think West loses any starters and should have another solid year with a young team again.
youre right. i believe west will be tough.

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsnutscioto »

Ironton will have tough pitching no question. Moore is a proven pitcher and there is no reason to think her senior year that will change. I believe after that, they are like most other teams and will struggle at times to score runs or have rough games on defense.

Wheelersburg will hit the reload button. They will replace a few quality players and strong bats in the lineup. Does good pitching always beat good hitting??? No. I think Wheelersburg still has some of the top hitters in the lineup and will win a lot of games. And they have a quality LHP in the circle in Howard who has proven to be on the best in the area.

West has a solid pitcher and a couple solid hitters. Give credit where credit is due. The McDermott girl had a good season. But there were also games where she got beat. She will have improved this summer and fall and will be a top pitcher again in this region. She can carry a team pretty far if given the right support.

Portsmouth relies heavily on scoring a lot of runs and good defense to win games. They won’t overpower teams in the circle, therefore they have to score in bunches. If they hit and field, they can win games. They were much improved and don’t lose much coming into this next season.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

longball wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:26 pm
fbnut wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:47 am Burg should be better in 2022. may not hit as many HR's but will be much better defensively and will have more pitching depth to give howard some rest during regular season. In my opinion their best team will probably be 2023
I assume there will be some incoming freshmen that will help defensively? I mean, you have put this past seasons teams defense down more than once on here lol.. if there was someone better, they would have been on the field. So must be a pretty good group of freshmen coming in..
I absolutely do think 1-2 freshman will step in and they will be better defensively in 2022. pretty sure you can figure out who they are
Last edited by fbnut on Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

longball wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:28 pm My thoughts too Dan. But this guy, at the beginning of last season, talked about how weak the infield was before they even lost Eller to injury..
I think I was proven correct by the way

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

No, I can’t figure out who they are because I don’t know any of the incoming freshmen. Not sure what you’re talking about being proven correct… sound butt hurt about something if you ask me.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

longball wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:53 pm No, I can’t figure out who they are because I don’t know any of the incoming freshmen. Not sure what you’re talking about being proven correct… sound butt hurt about something if you ask me.
Don’t have a dog in the fight it’s just my opinion

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

I mean, I just find it funny that you’re on here putting down girls who all at one point had D1 looks, even offers, at their positions. Before Eller got hurt you had those 3 seniors plus Eaton in the infield and you thought they were a weak HS infield LOL

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

fbnut wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:58 pm
longball wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:53 pm No, I can’t figure out who they are because I don’t know any of the incoming freshmen. Not sure what you’re talking about being proven correct… sound butt hurt about something if you ask me.
Don’t have a dog in the fight it’s just my opinion
sure lol

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

would disagree with fbnut also followed those girls from junior high. but this is about ironton. look forward to see what they have next year besides moore. i think ironton pwest and wburg will be the top 3 teams

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I wouldn't count out Westfall and Adena out of the SVC. Both return a lot, and Adena played Ironton to a 3-2 game in the District finals.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

west fall and adena return their pitchers?

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:33 pm west fall and adena return their pitchers?
Yes, both juniors this upcoming season.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

se-alum wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:44 pm
captainmorgan_ wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:33 pm west fall and adena return their pitchers?
Yes, both juniors this upcoming season. Every SVC team except Huntington returns their top pitchers, and will again in 2023. The league was very young last season.

Return to “Softball”