Head Coach Vacancy

Momofrunners
Freshman Team

Head Coach Vacancy

Post by Momofrunners »

Rock Hill Board Office has posted a need for HS Softball Head Coach. Contact board office for info.

transplant
SE

Re: Head Coach Vacancy

Post by transplant »

Speaking of openings, who are the good candidates out there for job openings? I know a school that will be looking soon. Wanting someone to bring energy to the program and build something special there. Plenty of young talent coming up. Maybe a good assistant or young person looking to be a head coach somewhere?

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Jesse Kladmire is a great looking coaching prospect out of Peebles. Heard nothing but great things. Needs to get the name out there to do great things like his dad did at Portsmouth East back in the day! 4 elite 8 appearances

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsnutscioto »

These school districts should understand that quality coaches aren’t lining up to apply for these jobs. A few of the open jobs (baseball and softball) had teams that were actually relevant this season. It’s sad to see board members let disgruntled parents make their decisions for them. Some of these districts have invited the daddy ball parents to submit resumes. Good luck in your searches.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I wasn’t implying the school board or parents were forcing a coach out. He is retiring and made it known he was retiring after the season. Just trying to get a feel for who would be a good coach to try to get. Returning all players from this season and good talent in the youth programs.

SE_Ohio_Athletics
Waterboy

Post by SE_Ohio_Athletics »

sportsnutscioto wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:43 pm These school districts should understand that quality coaches aren’t lining up to apply for these jobs. A few of the open jobs (baseball and softball) had teams that were actually relevant this season. It’s sad to see board members let disgruntled parents make their decisions for them. Some of these districts have invited the daddy ball parents to submit resumes. Good luck in your searches.
You see more and more “daddy coaches” in HS sports today. It is amazing that they do this and then their kid wins conference player of the year.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

sportsnutscioto wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:43 pm These school districts should understand that quality coaches aren’t lining up to apply for these jobs. A few of the open jobs (baseball and softball) had teams that were actually relevant this season. It’s sad to see board members let disgruntled parents make their decisions for them. Some of these districts have invited the daddy ball parents to submit resumes. Good luck in your searches.
Speaking from experience , lots of it ... you are DEAD ON 100% accurate . I'm an assistant on a successful HS team currently. The amount of criticism and backstabbing and complaining is astounding. We had an assistant get questioned in the parking lot after our 2nd loss when our record was 14-1 .. by a freshman kids parent who doesnt even play varsity time ... same thing last night , we played pretty dang good in our tourney game , won 4-1 .. head coach gets questioned on why his daughter didnt get to pinch run ... and I could on for hours . Our staff is 3 NON parents and 1 parent. It sucks the fun out of volunteering . We spend 100s of hours away from family to be basically abused. Had a fan of the opposing team message me last night and say " man your fans sure are unhappy to be winning "

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

SE_Ohio_Athletics wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:22 am
You see more and more “daddy coaches” in HS sports today. It is amazing that they do this and then their kid wins conference player of the year.
My question is, why are school administrators allowing this type of thing to happen? It’s obvious why these parents want to coach! When their kid graduates the parents disappear.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

I am hearing some of the awards have leaked out before the official announcement. If they are accurate I am sure it will get people talking. Specifically in the SOC 1.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

SoftballGirl wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:18 am
I am hearing some of the awards have leaked out before the official announcement. If they are accurate I am sure it will get people talking. Specifically in the SOC 1.
some of the SOC awards in the past have been a joke

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Always has been , Always will be ... its the old school boys club in the SOC1 . Its one thing to fight for your girl who deserves recognition , its another when you are pumping kids stats to get awards that should go elsewhere ... as they say in Cali " Its a Valley thing" and I'm not talking Lucasville.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

ManitouDan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:52 am Always has been , Always will be ... its the old school boys club in the SOC1 . Its one thing to fight for your girl who deserves recognition , its another when you are pumping kids stats to get awards that should go elsewhere ... as they say in Cali " Its a Valley thing" and I'm not talking Lucasville.
So it must be Symmes Valley you speak of?? Quit being a passive-aggressive b!tch and air your grievance like an adult "if" that is what you are doing...either call it out or shut it up...

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Bigchuck. The best post and reply I have read on here. Your spot on. If they had top ten posts ever on here. This gets my number 1 spot.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:14 pm Bigchuck. The best post and reply I have read on here. Your spot on. If they had top ten posts ever on here. This gets my number 1 spot.
Why are you even on here? You wanted sports to be cancelled until 2022.

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsnutscioto »

I’d hate to see this post to go off the rails. I’ll try and dial it back in since this softball forum is almost dead and any post(s) is better than no post(s).

There is a literally only a handful of teams in this region capable of making it out of districts at the current time. The ones that can have the potential to be state champions.

So there’s a whole bunch of teams where school districts need to be okay with having coaches that are firm, fair and consistent.

High school softball isn’t travel softball where the goal is 100% recruiting for softball. So, why not take a step back and examine if these HS coaches are upholding the mission of the school district they represent and base their decisions on that. If your high school and softball program are producing quality female athletes that are going to college (with or without playing softball), trade school, or other successful endeavor than your coach is an ingredient to the recipe for overall student success.

So what I’m saying is for districts to look further than wins and losses or parental complaints.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

BigChuck wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:15 am
ManitouDan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:52 am Always has been , Always will be ... its the old school boys club in the SOC1 . Its one thing to fight for your girl who deserves recognition , its another when you are pumping kids stats to get awards that should go elsewhere ... as they say in Cali " Its a Valley thing" and I'm not talking Lucasville.
So it must be Symmes Valley you speak of?? Quit being a passive-aggressive b!tch and air your grievance like an adult "if" that is what you are doing...either call it out or shut it up...
If he does what you are asking him to do, they will punish his kid for it. You can’t openly speak your mind in today’s society because there are so many crybaby b!tches running around.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The SOC 2 awards as far as coach, pitcher and player were legit. When your only allowed so many per team based on where you finish there is not much you can do as far as the all conference teams.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:24 am
BigChuck wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:15 am
If he does what you are asking him to do, they will punish his kid for it. You can’t openly speak your mind in today’s society because there are so many crybaby b!tches running around.

Yeah I didnt respond because that leads to " name the instances when ______ got screwed " and no way I'm mentioning some kid by name on here . The only way to fix it is to make the votes public and the coaches that cast ridiculous votes can be seen . I was told a near last place/ last place SOC 1 coach voted for one of his players as POY . Thats just sad . And even in 2021 IMO its OK to tell the truth , the bottom of that conference is really weak.

The Broker
Riding the Bench

Post by The Broker »

It's happening at our school right now. Yes, I agree, the current coach has to go. Ran the program into the ground, ran off several good players. Then to not show for the banquet or give any player awards was the final nail. But to hire daddy and mommy is not a good idea, and especially when you have a former coach that still holds the record for most JV wins in school history just sitting back waiting on a call for help. That guy always put players up for awards even if no one deserved it. You gotta promote your players and give them credit for wins even though everyone knows it was all coaching. That guy got more done with less player talent than anyone ever at that school, even if I have to say so myself. Give him the HC job and let daddy and mommy be the asst coaches if you must have them on the staff. But don't let them take over and then quit again when Suzy graduates.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

In a prefect world there would be no parent coaches. I get that. But in this area we don't have that option and with today's culture of anonymously bashing or heck some dont even do it anonymously, people all over the internet. People aren't knocking down the door to sign up to Coach or Umpire.

But to claim every parent coach is a bad coach is wrong. A lot of time parent coaches at these smaller schools will put more time and effort into a team than a teacher doing it as a cash grab..

At one time I counted 20+ parent coaches in our area... I started to put together a list but it's actually easier to count teams who DONT have a parent on the staff.

People get don't get their way and their go to is "daddy ball" instead of telling their kid to work harder.

Return to “Softball”