Coaching opportunities in Scioto Co ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Coaching opportunities in Scioto Co ?

Post by ManitouDan »

Might be interested in the right spot if someone needs a High School assistant . 10 Years of experience and being around great players and great teams . Cant help with pitching but can teach proper hitting and throwing mechanics . PM me with any questions . Thanks .

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Re: Coaching opportunities in Scioto Co ?

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Come to Portsmouth!

fhs33
Waterboy

Post by fhs33 »

If you go to Portsmouth you better be prepared to start from the very bottom and have zero support from the school on the softball side of things. There's a reason why ALMOST every top player in Portsmouth doesn't stay in Portsmouth or becomes ND.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

DatDudeJenkins wrote:If you go to Portsmouth you better be prepared to start from the very bottom and have zero support from the school on the softball side of things. There's a reason why ALMOST every top player in Portsmouth doesn't stay in Portsmouth or becomes ND.
Could be true DDJ....I have no way of knowing. I do know a couple of things. Girls huddle up and play together for other reasons. Usually involves a know-it-all parent or 2 or 3 or 6!! :lol: ...One other thing I know for sure. The BEST player in this area has stayed at PHS for her career. Is that correct?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The General wrote:
DatDudeJenkins wrote:If you go to Portsmouth you better be prepared to start from the very bottom and have zero support from the school on the softball side of things. There's a reason why ALMOST every top player in Portsmouth doesn't stay in Portsmouth or becomes ND.
Could be true DDJ....I have no way of knowing. I do know a couple of things. Girls huddle up and play together for other reasons. Usually involves a know-it-all parent or 2 or 3 or 6!! :lol: ...One other thing I know for sure. The BEST player in this area has stayed at PHS for her career. Is that correct?
Correct

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The General wrote:
is she going to LSU? You do know that is in the mighty SEC?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Thread hi jackers ;)

rv_baseball
Waterboy

Post by rv_baseball »

Well Mr. Manitou, you are always welcome in the Ohio Passion Organization just North of you about 25 miles. In fact next year (2016) we will be looking specifically for a 12U non-parent coach. :-D

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Thanks Nate . I always thought non parent coached would be best , but ultimately the parents can make or break any coach . thats just youth sports in todays society .

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ManitouDan wrote:Thread hi jackers ;)
thats kind of the pot calling the kettle black isnt it? what do you call what you do to every bucks thread on the college forum :mrgreen:

rv_baseball
Waterboy

Post by rv_baseball »

ManitouDan wrote:Thanks Nate . I always thought non parent coached would be best , but ultimately the parents can make or break any coach . thats just youth sports in todays society .
Obviously I am a major proponent of "parental rights". However, given that fact, I do believe that parents make most of the critical decisions off the field that determine the success or non-success of a youth sports team (legitimizing the authority of the coach, paying team fees, assisting in raising money and reinforcing a strong work ethic to their child, etc.). I also believe a coach can make decisions during a practice and a game that will assist a team in "decreasing their chances of "loosing", however, what many parents refuse to recognize, or at least refuse to admit, is that it is the players effort and performance during the practices and games that ultimately determine if the team is going to "win".

On a slightly different topic, I also firmly believe that too many parents believe that a player has to be on some big money, well known team to achieve post high school playing time at a University. Our small no-name organization that everyone makes fun of achieved two University Scholarships to D2 Schools from our 16U team of last year. I bring this up because so many parents fail to recognize that it is "Their" responsibility to promote "Their" kid/player to University Athletic Directors, not the Coach. University Athletic Recruiters do not care what uniform the kid/player is wearing during their Jr. High/High School Summer Seasons. If you show a serious recruiter some youtube video of your child, and then successfully contact them directly, and convince them to come watch the player in a few tournaments, that is all you need to do. It doesn't matter if your player is wearing a jersey that cost 300.00 entitled "Killers"or is wearing a gray T-Shirt that says "Team". If the kid/player have solid technique, and produces on the field, they will be recruited. Coaches can preach and teach technique until they are blue in the face, but if the parents and players do not buy in, and practice it on their own time, do not be shocked that the team they play for does not win, nor receives recruitment opportunity.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

ManitouDan wrote:Thanks Nate . I always thought non parent coached would be best , but ultimately the parents can make or break any coach . thats just youth sports in todays society .

Most folks don't know how true of a statement that is Dan, but if their loud enough its a fact.

Return to “Softball”