Trimble Softball HC position open

Heavy D
All Conference

Trimble Softball HC position open

Post by Heavy D »

They are accepting applications so I sincerely hope we can get some quality applicants this time. I think they have learned we need to start moving in a positive direction. Sure is a lot of talent for the right coach IMO. I tried last time, but was shot down. Doubt if I try it again, so I hope someone steps up.

cats
Waterboy

Re: Trimble Softball HC position open

Post by cats »

so have they hired for this position?and i very seriously doubt they will hire a diffrent coach with the current one paying for the feild his self.trimble dont want 2 do good in softball had a chance last year and will this year but in the end will be the same result.

cats
Waterboy

Post by cats »

their a several people around the town that could build this program but they dont waste their time applying cause they no what will happen in the end.its time to get away from hiring teachers over qualified applicants.i think the school needs 2 pay the feild off and hire a good coach.i say bring back tim

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

cats wrote:so have they hired for this position?and i very seriously doubt they will hire a diffrent coach with the current one paying for the feild his self.trimble dont want 2 do good in softball had a chance last year and will this year but in the end will be the same result.
The coach does not pay for the field. The proceeds from the concession stand is used to pay for the field. The school owns the field no matter what happens. Hopefully with the applicants I have heard about they will make a good decision.

cats
Waterboy

Post by cats »

i agree just think the team this year has some good talent and think they could make some noise in the tvc

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

cats wrote:i agree just think the team this year has some good talent and think they could make some noise in the tvc
with the right coach they can, but it is what it is and a change is sometimes a good thing

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

cats wrote:their a several people around the town that could build this program but they dont waste their time applying cause they no what will happen in the end.its time to get away from hiring teachers over qualified applicants.i think the school needs 2 pay the feild off and hire a good coach.i say bring back tim

There are a lot of school districts that could hire "qualified applicants" but stay with the inside hiring of teacher's for these jobs and I'll never for the life of me understand it. I guess being teacher certified and keeping the money in house is alright but I know a lot of regular guys that would have been good coaches over the years at different high schools in many sports but because they didn't have a job with the district and/or didn't have a teaching certificate wouldn't even be considered for a job. A lot of these guys coach traveling teams in various sports, have excellent records, have a good repoire with the kids but are not "qualified" to coach at the high school level. This is the way it is but IMO it's wrong.

cats
Waterboy

Post by cats »

so has anyone heard who has applied and if thet have hird yet?

cats
Waterboy

Post by cats »

well i heard same coach got the job so the program is at a standstill for another year we dont use gloves and bats for practice we will be using shovels and rakes to make sure the feild looks good

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

cats wrote:well i heard same coach got the job so the program is at a standstill for another year we dont use gloves and bats for practice we will be using shovels and rakes to make sure the feild looks good
I have heard about this. When we came up there last year I remember we had to warm up in the outfield cause they were picking up rocks in the infield. Then the umpires came and our coach talked to them, and the umpire told the coach that he had to let us use the infield. The coach argued with the umpire for 5 minutes about it. One thing is for sure I bet Eastern's coach is glad to hear this news since she has Trimble coaches number right now.

cats
Waterboy

Post by cats »

its sad when the coach worries more about field than winning the leauge but you have to put the blame on the AD and the board they do the hiring one thing about it these girls will be ready for a job in feild mantinece by the time they graduate.

The Broker
Riding the Bench

Post by The Broker »

Go ahead and make fun now guys, but it is just jealousy of our field since it is the best one in the area. When we get the lights up it will be the best small school softball facility in the state. Oh and we will win the league this year, and the hall-of-fame is waiting for the winningest coach in school history.

cats
Waterboy

Post by cats »

lmao we will get out coached by 3 teams i no off eastern,waterford and belpre and who cares what the feild looks like we mite have a nice facility but is the team going to be fundamentaly sound? coach will proly have the girls go to tri county for a couple weeks and take electrician classes to get the lights up and as far as the hall of fame get real jv wins dont count he proly still isnt close to tims wins

The Broker
Riding the Bench

Post by The Broker »

That is a humorous perspective there Cats. Sorry you didn’t get the job pal. But I am confident that deep down you know the right person was rehired. Who else has the experience or accolades that the coach has, if I do say so myself? You spoke of Tim’s wins, but you left out the part that this coach played a huge role in many of those wins. He was always the brain trust of that operation if you know what I mean. Of course Big Mike takes credit for that, but those in the know have a different opinion.

cats
Waterboy

Post by cats »

didnt put in for the job i hope you dont think current coach was the brains behind tims wins tim forgot more than the coach knows

The Broker
Riding the Bench

Post by The Broker »

cats wrote:didnt put in for the job i hope you dont think current coach was the brains behind tims wins tim forgot more than the coach knows
Yes that's what I'm saying. Tim won with talent. This coach is developing talent. This coach has been told by many that he is the best coach ever, and that is evidenced by his taking over the record for most wins. If you want though, this coach will let you help pick up rocks on from the infield. If you are real nice he might let you take Big Red around the infield dragging it before the games. :lol:

cats
Waterboy

Post by cats »

hopefully the girls can pull off a tvc title this year there is plenty talent on the team. The hocking is going to be tough to win but it is possible with hard work

Der Koondogger
Waterboy

Post by Der Koondogger »

The current coach did well last season when he was taking the advice of a very knowledgeable coach that still works in the building. He strayed from that advice a few times, and paid dearly for it in disapointing losses. He is now back seeking adivice from the wise coach who has moved on to bigger and better things, but is always willing to help out a fellow coach, even if it is in a different sport. Sure success will come his way if he continues to listen to the wise coach.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:

cats
Waterboy

Post by cats »

maybe the girls will coach thereselves through this season and have success the coach runs all the guys off with softball knowledge so he dont look bad

The Broker
Riding the Bench

Post by The Broker »

cats wrote:maybe the girls will coach thereselves through this season and have success the coach runs all the guys off with softball knowledge so he dont look bad
With the self discipline and work ethic that the head coach has instilled in these girls they surely could coach themselves better than most area coaches could. The coach has instituted a structured program that works like a pyramid on the way to success. He begins the foundation work at the earliest level of grade school competition, and continues to develop the players up through the ranks. By the time they reach the varsity level they are like machines, or creatures of habit you might say. Nothing but the highest possible level of achievement is acceptable, and the players thrive in this environment.

Return to “Softball”