Best Travel Teams in Southern Ohio

buckeyesoftball
Waterboy

Best Travel Teams in Southern Ohio

Post by buckeyesoftball »

Was at the Ohio State camp this weekend and I saw the Lazers coach talking to some of the Ohio State players and found out that they played for his team.

This got me to thinking as a parent, what teams in Southern Ohio are the best and what do they have offer that would convince her to play for them verses going up north to play for a northern organization?

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

I think that Wildthangs, Baseburners, are 2 good teams, But can they give her OSU no. I was wondering what do you think a team needs to offer her. My thoughts is it isn't about 1 player it is about the team, not what the team has to offer her.

Fastpitch Coach
Waterboy

Post by Fastpitch Coach »

I hear alot of people talking about ASA, and the exposure that the girls get playing for well known teams. I am not for sure, but I wouldn't think that any scouts are looking at girls age 9-10 / 11-12 / 13-14. I think that the Wildthangs, or the Baseburners would be great local teams to play for if you have a child in the age range listed above. But once your child reaches 15 and older, and you think that she has got what it takes to play for any of the top Colleges, you need to buckle up and be ready to spend some money to get Her out there were she can be seen. If I had a child that I felt was worthy, I would sell the farm to help her achieve her goal, if in fact it was truely Her goal.
Last edited by Fastpitch Coach on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiamondWatcher
Waterboy

Post by DiamondWatcher »

Believe it or not, college scouts are looking before the age of 15. I think that if the opportunity is there and she's good enough, you need to get your dd where she's going to be seen...not to mention the experience she'll receive while being there.

buckeyesoftball
Waterboy

Post by buckeyesoftball »

At the OSU camp a 12 year old was throwing literally 58 mph consistently. I know it caught OSU coaching staff's eyes. This girl looked to have more room to grow and speed to gain. I don't know what makes a team or organization like the Lasers, that is why I am asking about our teams? I am not saying that my daughter is good enough to play for them or any team. But if I thought she was I would be contacting the Scioto County teams. I think they do a really good job, and they prove it year in and year out in ASA, LL and at the high school levels. My daugther is young enough that I want to get started on the right foot. Not wait until she is 15 and say this is what we should have done.

Maybe I should have asked about Lawrence County teams? Who are they and which would you recommend?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

several girls from age 10 to age 18 play for the big boys every year . We have girls this year (2008)playing for the lasers who played locally last year, as well as local girls playing for the Stingrays , and 1 that turned down a spot with the Doom. Thats just a small example of girls at age 12 or younger who are talented enough to hang with the big boys. Really there is plenty of talent . I've said for 2 years now (and taken some heat for it) If the best girls from scioto co joined forces the Lasers,rays and Doom might be running from us LOL ! MD And yes at 14u plenty of college coaches are taking notes IF you are playing the at the right places.

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Buckeye softball --Catch the name of that pitcher or what org she plays with ?? I would just have to see it to believe it. I saw a 14u throwing 59-60 and it looked like a BB, but a 12 throwing 58 ? WOW The girl from the slammers last year who pitched her team to the highest place finish ever by an Ohio 12u team only threw about 55-56 . She shut out Victory USA 1-0 in Cali last year. And beat a few other Cali teams.

Several Wild Thang girls went up to OSU , but they were our 14u girls --I'll ask them if they saw this kid. see ya MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .

Return to “Softball”