Clay Lady Panthers

Pirate4Life
Riding the Bench

Re: Clay Lady Panthers

Post by Pirate4Life »

I don't remember the name from last years team. Is she a transfer student or what?

buckeye541
Waterboy

Post by buckeye541 »

no she's not a transfer student, It's my understanding that she didn't play high school ball last season due to her decision to play full time ASA travel ball. From what I have heard, she pitched against a team this summer, that was from division 1 and 2 schools that were all seniors and some of the starters were All State . Her team lost by 1 run in the last inning. she has several different pitches with one "wicked " change up. Sounds like it should be an interesting season for Clay.

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

pirate4life wrote:I don't remember the name from last years team. Is she a transfer student or what?

I heard that there were a few problems in the classroom and couldnt meet the requirements to play ball last year. Who is the coach this year?

Texas Pete
Waterboy

Post by Texas Pete »

candystore wrote:last year. Who is the coach

Like the post has already said, Dick McCleese will be the next coach.
Everyone knows from last years post's why she didn't play,including yourself, but nice of you to point this out to everyone again. Good Post.

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

Texas Pete wrote:
candystore wrote:last year. Who is the coach

Like the post has already said, Dick McCleese will be the next coach.
Everyone knows from last years post's why she didn't play,including yourself, but nice of you to point this out to everyone again. Good Post.

well, someone ask why she didnt play..in asa wasnt the reason. guess i missed the post about McCleese he is a good fit. McCleese is a great guy and does no his stuff.

Texas Pete
Waterboy

Post by Texas Pete »

Sorry if I made you mad candystore, didn't mean nothing by that. That was funning though with the steers.

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

Texas Pete wrote:Sorry if I made you mad candystore, didn't mean nothing by that. That was funning though with the steers.

:lol: :lol: im sure there is no love lost...

renegade
Waterboy

Post by renegade »

Why does this matter, who cares what happened last year. I believe the topic is Clay 2010.

well, someone ask why she didnt play..in asa wasnt the reason. guess i missed the post about McCleese he is a good fit. McCleese is a great guy and does no his stuff.
Last edited by renegade on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Clay is getting ready to get a new transfer Jordan Jenkins from West she is a strong pitcher I have heard. But also heard she is going to have to sit out her sophmore year because she isnt moving into the Clay school district but guess we will have to c!

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

renegade wrote:Why does this matter, who cares what happened last year. I believe the topic is Clay 2010.

It dont say 2010 anywhere...i answered a question and replied on the coach of 2010... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

cbaseball33 wrote:Clay is getting ready to get a new transfer Jordan Jenkins from West she is a strong pitcher I have heard. But also heard she is going to have to sit out her sophmore year because she isnt moving into the Clay school district but guess we will have to c!

Yeah....Clay will be good but look out when Jenkins can pitch.

I get to root for my alma mater this year since the Valley transfer just happens to be a relative......she's really good by the way....and of course I'm not prejudiced....wink wink.

batman715
Waterboy

Post by batman715 »

I think Clay will do very well this next season with or without "transfers" : don't get me wrong, from what I hear the Messer girl from Valley and the Jenkins girl from West are very talented softball players and Clay is fortunate to have them, on the other hand Clay has there own share of talent ALREADY : Senior Tori Osborne; Juniors Keely Craft, Holly Hempill, Chelsea Beagan, : Sophomore Lyndsey Mader and Freshmen Allison Castle and Mariah Tackett. Clay also already has their pitchers: Lyndsey Mader along with Tori Osborne and Mariah Tackett. Should be a very exciting season.

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

batman175...welcome

cly2312
Waterboy

Post by cly2312 »

I just want to say, that Clay may be a small school in the district, but it has alot of talented and gifted student athletes. My daughter goes to Rubyville and wants to start playing softball, I have heard that Clay has a great softball program and she is just starting out. The only concerns I have is that when she gets to high school level, will she ever get to play? I have read all the posts, and forgive me for saying this, but it seems that if a student doesn't make it at their own school for some reason that they start transferring to a smaller school. I know that at the high school level is tough, but it's also discouraging to the younger ones who work hard all through little league, and junior league, just to have their positions threatened by students who can transfer from other schools that may take their positions . I realize that your teams need to win, but at what cost? I apologize to any player that is transferring, this is nothing personal, i'm just a concerned parent. thank you

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

cly2312 wrote:I just want to say, that Clay may be a small school in the district, but it has alot of talented and gifted student athletes. My daughter goes to Rubyville and wants to start playing softball, I have heard that Clay has a great softball program and she is just starting out. The only concerns I have is that when she gets to high school level, will she ever get to play? I have read all the posts, and forgive me for saying this, but it seems that if a student doesn't make it at their own school for some reason that they start transferring to a smaller school. I know that at the high school level is tough, but it's also discouraging to the younger ones who work hard all through little league, and junior league, just to have their positions threatened by students who can transfer from other schools that may take their positions . I realize that your teams need to win, but at what cost? I apologize to any player that is transferring, this is nothing personal, i'm just a concerned parent. thank you

Well put it this way in high school just because you are on the team doesnt mean you get to play! You have to earn your spot in high school the coach dont feel sorry for the kid if they dont get to play!

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

cly2312 wrote:I just want to say, that Clay may be a small school in the district, but it has alot of talented and gifted student athletes. My daughter goes to Rubyville and wants to start playing softball, I have heard that Clay has a great softball program and she is just starting out. The only concerns I have is that when she gets to high school level, will she ever get to play? I have read all the posts, and forgive me for saying this, but it seems that if a student doesn't make it at their own school for some reason that they start transferring to a smaller school. I know that at the high school level is tough, but it's also discouraging to the younger ones who work hard all through little league, and junior league, just to have their positions threatened by students who can transfer from other schools that may take their positions . I realize that your teams need to win, but at what cost? I apologize to any player that is transferring, this is nothing personal, i'm just a concerned parent. thank you

It shouldn't matter is your a transfer student or have been going to a certain school all your life. What matters in High School is putting the best players out on the field. You shouldn't worry so much about this, if a player is good she'll play. And from what I understand these girls would be starters at their schools anyway, have heard they just wanted to come to Clay. I believe it had nothing to do with softball.

Good Luck to the Clay Team

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

The cost is dedication on everyone's part......the student athlete and the families that support him/her. Many of these athletes play AAU ball which means an entire summer dedicated to traveling and playing softball. There's also the offseason where many of them train.

It's not an easy road, but if your daughter is willing to sacrifice a bunch then she hopefully will enjoy her playing time. If she's good enough there's always the chance of a college scholarship....and Clay gets lots of looks from the college scouts.

As pointed out in another post.....these transfers weren't in trouble or couldn't get along with the other programs.....they just wanted to play for our Clay Panthers.

renegade
Waterboy

Post by renegade »

Doc Panther wrote:

The cost is dedication on everyone's part......the student athlete and the families that support him/her. Many of these athletes play AAU ball which means an entire summer dedicated to traveling and playing softball. There's also the offseason where many of them train.

It's not an easy road, but if your daughter is willing to sacrifice a bunch then she hopefully will enjoy her playing time. If she's good enough there's always the chance of a college scholarship....and Clay gets lots of looks from the college scouts.

As pointed out in another post.....these transfers weren't in trouble or couldn't get along with the other programs.....they just wanted to play for our Clay Panthers.

Good Post Doc, couldn't agree more.

SOFTBALL123
Waterboy

Post by SOFTBALL123 »

I have seen Jordan Jenkins in action.... She is a very strong pitcher...and she also brings many other talents to Clay softball team...This young lady will work hard for a position on the field...She is the kind of player you can play anywhere, has a great attitude and personality...Gets along well with other team mates ... if on the bench she will cheer her team mates on!!!! She most likely DOESN'T want a handout position...This girl is a TEAM player!!! NOT AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER.. She will represent CLAY very well!!! GOOD LUCK to the LADY PANTHERS!!! And all other schools in the area!!! GET ER' DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrClean
Waterboy

Post by MrClean »

I've heard a lot about Jenkins. One of those things, however, is that she is ineligible. She isn't moving into the district so she's going to have to sit out a year in order to play. Nevertheless the Panthers will be strong this year. They're only returning one senior though. They will need a lot of leadership from Osborne and I think they will get just that out of her. I've heard a lot of good things about that one. Very talented player. The Panthers will also get a lot of work out of young players like Messer and Mader. Not to mention the many returning juniors. I think the Panthers will return this year very solid and ready to play and show everyone out there that the Clay Panthers are more than just Cami Groves. Good luck Panther!! Kick butt!

Return to “Softball”