District 11 Softball Tournaments

PirateMike
Waterboy

Re: District 11 Softball Tournaments

Post by PirateMike »

Wheelersburg one 7-6 in a 7 inning game.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

osumufan wrote:Sat. July 5th 5:30 South Point plays Burg in the Jr. League tourney I think the winners play West Ports, SP plays Symmes Valley at 8:00 in the Sr. League

This is correct.

girlzofsummer
Waterboy

Post by girlzofsummer »

wheelersburg beat ironton. now valley faces ironton.

Fastpitch Coach
Waterboy

Post by Fastpitch Coach »

Ironton lost to Lucasville

Lucasville now plays Wheelersburg on Saturday @ 2:00

Should be a GREAT game.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Junior League.

Wheelersburg beat South Point 9 to 6 in 8 innings.

Well played game by both teams.

Burg vs West on Monday 5:30 p.m. game time.

Little League.

Wheelersburg Little League girls beat Lucasville 8 to 7 to win the District Championship.

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

Congrats 11-12 Burg All*Star District Champions!!!!

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

Congrats to Burg Jr. League Girls on their first win in District play.. A hard played back and forth game...Good Ball by both teams...Play hard against West on Monday Girls!!!

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

The_Sports_Junky wrote:Junior League.

WELL played? Were you there? I thought South Point played like crap and I am a South Point fan. If the Pointers would have played to their potential they would have won that game. Oh well next up West or Burg again.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Who pitched for South Point?

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

wemufans wrote:
The_Sports_Junky wrote:Junior League.

WELL played? Were you there? I thought South Point played like crap and I am a South Point fan. If the Pointers would have played to their potential they would have won that game. Oh well next up West or Burg again.
Ever think maybe the kids look at this web site? Do you think telling them they played like crap will make them play better next time? In all the years I have been in Little League I have yet to see a team play a perfect game. Yes I was there and I seen two teams trying there best.
I think you need to get the book Chatter Up ! Read it . Then post your remarks on the game. We must not forget the game belongs to the kids. I truly think both teams gave it their all. Was it the best game they ever played? I think not. Both teams made errors but I think both teams played hard. I seen the tears after the game. They were real tears from real players,who are real children.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Burcham pitched for the Pointers and sad to say the other players didn't help her out much with their defense. Sports Junky, these are not 8 year olds they are teenagers and I think they know that they did not play up to their potential. Yes, I have read Chatter Up. But there comes a time when you stop babying them and tell it like it is. I will put part of the blame on the coaches as well. There was almost 3 weeks since all stars was announced and the Pointers only practiced 6 times total and of few of those practices were less than an hour. I guarantee Burg and West have practiced more. Granted a lot of kids were on vacation and such but he should have practice the kids that were there. The senior league girls probably practiced less. The problem is there is not a lot of commitment by the players and coaches for this team. This is sad for the handful of kids who want to be there and want to win!

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

Good Job Burg, keep it up.
Right on the money "Sports Junky"

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Who's on SP team? where does each play? Who's got good bats? Is Roy coaching? If he is, he knows what he's doing.......... :12224

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

That's sarcasm right 76! :razz:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

No, I really wanted to know who is playing where..................... :12224

East.Tartan16
Waterboy

Post by East.Tartan16 »

wemufans wrote:Burcham pitched for the Pointers and sad to say the other players didn't help her out much with their defense. Sports Junky, these are not 8 year olds they are teenagers and I think they know that they did not play up to their potential. Yes, I have read Chatter Up. But there comes a time when you stop babying them and tell it like it is. I will put part of the blame on the coaches as well. There was almost 3 weeks since all stars was announced and the Pointers only practiced 6 times total and of few of those practices were less than an hour. I guarantee Burg and West have practiced more. Granted a lot of kids were on vacation and such but he should have practice the kids that were there. The senior league girls probably practiced less. The problem is there is not a lot of commitment by the players and coaches for this team. This is sad for the handful of kids who want to be there and want to win!

Wemurans it's NOT babying them, you don't go and call out 13-14 year old girls and pretty much say they played like crap! That's not going to make them play better next game. Your suppose to let that go. If any of those girls have an account on here and saw that, I bet their not going to do any better next time. It's about motivation. You stand behind your team even if they do bad. Wheelersburg, we didn't play up to our potential. BUT I keep our team up, when we made mistakes I wasn't negative to anyone. You need to tell them too shake it off and do better next time. Every girl out there on the Pointers team I saw giving their best. EVERYONE makes mistakes and everyone had atleast one mistake on the field on both sides. You got to think 1st game of all-stars your going to be rattled up. Why do you think everyone was having mistakes? Both sides had mistakes, but everyone out their on the field (both sides) had the drive. They ALL wanted too win it. If you want too go ahead keep saying "it's sad the defense couldn't back the pitcher up" go ahead. Make them feel like crap. I promise,if you do that they wont do any better. ;) But, good luck too The Pointers!!!
Sincerly,
-Fisher#16

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Sashe Burcham pitcher, first, third
Rachel Murnhan played first ,c enter and will pitch against West
Morgan Wells 2nd
Nikki Orta 3rd
Sarah McCallister short
Kaitlyn Christian Catcher
Shana Adkins, Aj Adkins, Elaine Gore, Breaan Carter outfield
Destiny Jones, center and first

I only see about 3-4 that will even try out for High School next year. With Burcham going to Fairland. I only see 3 on the team for ya

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Sof all those girls, except sashe, I know Murnahan , McCalister will play........who else willl come out, and who will actually have a future? I think I've seen he wells kid play.... if its who I hink , she's got potenial. Are they going to be freshmen?............... :12224

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

West beat Wheelersburg 5-0.
Wheelersburg plays South Point on the 8th of July at 5:30.
Winner playes West on the 10th of July.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

wow, doesn't look good for anyone getting out of the sectionals around here except for west and burg.................. :12224

Return to “Softball”