SEOAL predictions

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

SEOAL predictions

Post by ChillSoftball »

I know it's super early but I just can't wait. What are the pundits (lol) saying about this year's SEOAL race? Gallia lost a ton but return the Pitcher/Catcher and have a great coach so....don't snooze on them. Warren returns a lot and should be the favorite to win the league. Jackson, Chilli and Logan are a toss-up and Portsmouth still trails but a new coach could help electrify the program.

1. Warren
2. Gallia
3. Jackson
4. Logan
5. Chillicothe
6. Portsmouth

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Re: SEOAL predictions

Post by ChillSoftball »

intheknow,

I don't disagree with your top two (from a historic standpoint) but I believe that Chillicothe is poised to make a run. They have a tremendous balance of upper class players and solid freshman. Obviously I'm a Chillicothe fan but it would be hard to not see them make a great run this year. Rylee Bouillion, Kayla Keener and Bri Dawes give them pitching depth that they've never had and Bouillion may be the league's best pitcher behind Ward and in the same league as Taylor Dennis.

BUT....until someone steps up and beats Warren and Gallia then they are the reigning monsters in the league.
Last edited by ChillSoftball on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karma2
Riding the Bench

Post by Karma2 »

Do not count out Ports. this year. Should be a lot more competitve with a very talented freshman class....if they can keep some of them from transferring. :122249

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

I think making predictions can open some smack talking. only predition is that every team will suffer a league loss. That leaves wide open for a team being overlooked to quietly take the title away.

Ohiosoftballrocks
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosoftballrocks »

I have to agree with cutekid... Chillicothe is coming back this year with a strong team and talk around the League is that some of Chilli's freshman already have the talent to be All League or even All District at season's end. It would be a surprise if Chillicothe finished below second place in the League. Due to Chilli's past its hard to put them up at the top and they have to earn it, but this might be the season to make believers out of everyone.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

PHS will be much improved . bigtime.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren Local lost pitcher Molly Powell, standout hitter/outfielders Madison Stauffer and Staci Lauer and smooth fielding Devan Rowley. But...Taylor Dennis pitched as many big games as Powell. The Lady Warriors also return Seniors Hannah Zimmerman, Ally Spence and Brandie Rogers and Junior Rylee Benson. Super Sophomores Kendra Lynch, Hailey Murdock and Brandi Douglas have a much needed year of experience under their belt. Warren Local will be in the hunt IF>>>>>>>>>>>they can come up with a coach. This will make the Seniors 4th varsity coach during their careers. That is a testament to the talent and dedication of the Lady Warriors to be as successful as they have been considering the instability at the helm.

Gallia is the team to beat with their pitcher/catcher combo.

Chilli keeps improving and will make some noise.

Logan and Jackson should be able to knock off anyone on any given day.

Portsmouth...hope the predictions are right and they can compete.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What happened to last year's coach?

Does Logan have some talent coming up? They struggled last season and some of their excellent players graduated I think.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

not even sure if it's been reported but Portsmouth hired So Ohio softball legend Teresa Ruby from Ports. Clay and recently SSU. MD

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Ironman92 wrote:What happened to last year's coach?
It was a last minute, one year deal just so the team would have a qualified coach.

Big Red
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Red »

dont count out phs whole new ball game with new coach. old coach was there for payday! great group of freshmen!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Big Red wrote:dont count out phs whole new ball game with new coach. old coach was there for payday! great group of freshmen!
After the past couple years...everyone deserves better, from the girls to the fans and opponents. Looking forward to seeing what PHS brings to the table.

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

It would be great for the league to have PHS back in contention. They have been down for a while and that's a shame. Scioto county has some of the very best softball players in So. Ohio. Here's hoping that PHS can turn it around quickly. It can be done....look at Chilli.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

PHS is going to bring it ! ( now call Notre Dame and schedule us--1st game in your new conplex would be nice ! lol)

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

This is awesome. Looks like the league is going to be super competitive from top to bottom. No more easy wins that don't help your team get ready for the tourny. Still don't know much about Jackson. I know that they lost a lot of talent in Cooper and Jess Apsby (sp) but they are still very talented. I know nothing about Logan except that losing Topf and their catcher will be hard to replace.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Big Red wrote:dont count out phs whole new ball game with new coach. old coach was there for payday! great group of freshmen!
I'm sure every coach does it for the paycheck. He can now retire to a lavish lifestyle. He had kids out there last year that he feared for their safety.

Goherd1987
Waterboy

Post by Goherd1987 »

I must say I am very excited to see a new group of girls at Phs and most important a new coach. I believe the new coach is going to put in the time in effort to make Portsmouth a great ball team. Unlike the last coach who failed to attend the all district meeting two years in a row. Although Portsmouth has not been very competitive, they still had one girl ,who is now playing at Shawnee state, that failed to make the all district team because the coach failed to attend the meeting. I wish well to portsmouth as well as their new coach.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

A shame she wasn't awarded all-district.

When I coached track and we had the district meeting I would always choose the best athlete for athlete of the year...but several of the other coaches would choose the top athlete of the coaches that were at that meeting and the kids whose coaches failed to pay the small fee for membership weren't even considered for that award.

As a coach I never made a choice at those meetings because of a coach and his decisions, if the athlete was worthy I voted for them.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

She was a nice player. I dont know why he did what he did if he did. But it sounds like she gets to play some more softball which is great. Promising news out of Portsmouth which is good news and will be good for the conference. There are already good people who have done good things at Jackson and Chilly the last couple years that make the League stronger and more sound. Keep it going.

freepoker
Waterboy

Post by freepoker »

Hi,

I know it's super early but I just can't wait. What are the pundits (lol) saying about this year's SEOAL race? Gallia lost a ton but return the Pitcher/Catcher and have a great coach so....don't snooze on them. Warren returns a lot and should be the favorite to win the league. Jackson, Chilli and Logan are a toss-up and Portsmouth still trails but a new coach could help electrify the program.

1. Warren
2. Gallia
3. Jackson
4. Logan
5. Chillicothe
6. Portsmouth

Sports Bar Poker

Thanks

Return to “Softball”