SVC 2015 "A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats"

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: SVC 2015 "A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats"

Post by Xtoxxviii »

ManitouDan wrote:How many players did WF bring back from last year ? the pitcher graduated correct ?
I believe they replaced 3 Seniors from the State Champion squad.
Pitcher, Short Stop and Left Fielder.
I'm not 100% sure on that however.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Wednesday Scores
WF- 4
HHS- 1

P- 12
SE - 0

The U - 10
PV - 0

ZT- 9
A- 3

League Standings
WF 11-0 League Champs
PKTON 8-3
The U 7-4
ZT 6-5
Adena 5-6
HHS 5-6
SE 1-10
PV 1-10

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Friday Scores
WF- 10
PV -0

ZT - 21
SE - 2

The U - 10
PKTON - 2

HHS - 8
A- 3

League Standings
WF 12-0 League Champs
PKTON 8-4
The U 8-4
ZT 7-5
HHS 6-6
Adena 5-7
SE 1-11
PV 1-11

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

SVC Tournament Draw:
DII - The U #1 seed plays Vinton County in 1st Round

DIII - Westfall #1 seed has bye
Piketon #2 seed has bye
Zane Trace #4 seed faces Huntington #5 seed.
Adena #6 seed Plays West Union
Southeastern #10 seed plays Oak Hill

DIV
Paint Valley #8 seed plays Glenwood

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Monday Scores
WF- 3
PTON- 2

HHS-14
ZT - 0

The U - 13
SE - 1

A- 17
PV- 5

League Standings
WF 13-0 League Champs
The U 9-4
Piketon 8-5
ZT 7-6
HHS 7-6
Adena 6-7
SE 1-12
PV 1-12

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Final games of league play:
WF- 11
SE - 1

HHS-18
PV - 3

The U - 11
ZT-0

PKTON-4
Adena- 2

League Standings
WF 14-0 winners of the SVC Golden Softball
for having a perfect league record.

The U 10-4 good buddy

Piketon 9-5 working

HHS 8-6

ZT 7-7

Adena 6-8

SE 1-13
PV 1-13

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

As for my preseason predictions:
WF #1 and that's right where the X picked them.

The U #2 again right on the mark

#3 Piketon, the X picked them 6th
I want a mulligan on this one, I would have picked them 3rd had I known Dunn was back.

#4 HHS- I had them in Fif so forf ain't too bad

#5 ZT the X had them 3rd with a strong finish after a slow start.
I had that backwards as injuries have taken a toll on the Pioneers.

#6 Adena I had them 7th so again not big of a miss on the great ones part.

#7 Tie
SE
PV
I had the panthers in last with two wins on the season. Again not too far off the mark if I say so myself.
The Bearcats on the other hand is my miss of the year. I selected them 4th and they finished tied for 7th place.
Again injuries came into play as to why the Bear Cats finished lower then I expected.

dawg catcher
Waterboy

Post by dawg catcher »

Everyone is invited to the Township this Firday evening as the Lady Huntsmen welcome my Lady Cavaliers. The first game is slated for 5:00pm with the second game of the doubleheader under the lights, starting at 7:00pm. The Lady Huntsmen Seniors (Baylee DePugh, Jessica Carroll, and Alayna Lytle) will be playing their final game on the dirt of the friendly confines where the light poles "may be" foul! A ceremony honoring these seniors and the seniors of my beloved Lady Cavaliers (Bri Dawes, Hayley Woodbridge, and Kyia Burgin) will take place between the games. The match up pits 2 teams that have been playing very well lately (My Lady Cavaliers having won 5 out of their last 7 and the Lady Huntsmen 7 straight). It also will be the 1st and last father vs Daughter contest with the winner earning bragging rights in the Lytle household (although momma Lytle says daughter better win). And, on top of all of this, Alayna Lytle is only 14 strikeouts away from 1,000 in her career, and being only the 27th young lady in Ohio High School Softball history to do so! WOW, what a night it promises to be!!!! Hope to see you all there.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

Who do you think wins POY....like baseball, this seems to be wide open

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

No, it's not really wide open. It should come from Westfall and I'd go with Stonerock.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

bman wrote:No, it's not really wide open. It should come from Westfall and I'd go with Stonerock.
Yeah I guess you are right, she kind of wins by default due to the injuries of Geno and Newland

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

bellyoption wrote:
bman wrote:No, it's not really wide open. It should come from Westfall and I'd go with Stonerock.
Yeah I guess you are right, she kind of wins by default due to the injuries of Geno and Newland
So that's why Westfall went 14-0 and outscored its conference opponents 125-23? Default I guess. :lol: :lol:

The only other player I could make an argument for is Dunn from Piketon, who has had a very good season so far.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

bman wrote:
bellyoption wrote:
So that's why Westfall went 14-0 and outscored its conference opponents 125-23? Default I guess. :lol: :lol:

The only other player I could make an argument for is Dunn from Piketon, who has had a very good season so far.
I wasn't trying to start an arguement bman, maybe I worded it wrong.....but you have to agree, it wouldn't have been as easy if the top two pitchers in the league didn't go down with injuries.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

As stated many a time before the X is not a big fan of the All League team and the selection process. And it's just not one sport in particular its almost all SVC sports in where these awards are based on voting that I don't care for.

Westfall wins the league by 4 games, going undefeated might I add.
To me the 1st string All-SVC is the starting 9 of Westfall.
As for player of the year if it doesn't come from Westfall I will have an even lower opinion of the process then I do now.
Take your pick for POY:
Williams (14 game SVC win streak)
Robinson (comes through in the clutch when needed)
Fuchs ( the consummate teammate and leader)
Stonerock (one of the best if not the best catcher in the history of the SVC)

Congratulations to all who make it, and keep your head up to those who got left standing like the X at his senior prom.

X

dawg catcher
Waterboy

Post by dawg catcher »

It would be easy for me to get on here and hype Alayna... she has had a great season and a career that she can be very proud of... Dunn has been underrated her entire career and has put up POY numbers every year, as well as being one of the best kids you will ever meet. I feel they have both done things the right way and will be rewarded for this. However, Westfall won the league by 4 games. You can have a team full of great role players and be successful, but you don't win the SVC by 4 games, as tough as this league is, and not have at least one SUPERSTAR! I don't have a vote in it anymore, but if I did, it would be Stonerock hands down! I realize that 2 of the top pitchers in this league went down with injuries this season, but even without them, the pitching in the SVC top to bottom is still better than any other league around. You still have Blevins, Dunn, Williams, and Lytle... I would put those 4 pitchers against any in any other league in this area and still say the SVC has the most pitching depth... Again, to go undefeated and win the league by 4 games is a STATEMENT!

dawg catcher
Waterboy

Post by dawg catcher »

X... As handsome as you are and with your gentlemanly nature, I will never believe that you got left standing at your senior prom... it has always been my opinion that Mrs. X got a catch when she found you!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

bellyoption wrote:
I wasn't trying to start an arguement bman, maybe I worded it wrong.....but you have to agree, it wouldn't have been as easy if the top two pitchers in the league didn't go down with injuries.
Geno and Newland are both quality athletes in the conference. Westfall beat them both this season. Now I will preface that by saying I don't know if they were pitching hurt when those meetings occurred. Someone with more info can chime in on that.

I took issue with the post of it being wide open and the follow up. Westfall went 14-0 in the league and that doesn't happen without having some pretty good players. There seems to be a lack of respect for Westfall in some circles around the area that I can't understand, so I may have taken that out on you a little bit too much. When some folks talk about SVC player of the year, you normally don't see Westfall kids brought up in the top two or three names, and I take issue with that because the stats seem to say there should be some included in that chatter.

X, I agree with your post on the selection process and too much politics being involved. I could make a case for three or four Westfall kids to be player of the year, similar to your post, but we'll see what the coaches come up with. If it isn't a Westfall kid, that's going to make the league look ridiculous with them winning it by four games with some of the players they have. The only other kid I would consider on final ballot would be Dunn, because of the two very good games between Westfall and Piketon and the tremendous season she has had.

The first team should be dominated with kids from Westfall, Piketon and Unioto with a few slots for Lytle and maybe a Swackhammer or Jones.

Bud, very good post that I agree with you 100 percent on. Overall, it's exciting to see how some of the teams are playing down the stretch. Alayna and her teammates are playing well and getting a head of steam built up for the tournament. Dunn has had a fabulous season for Piketon, which might be considered the second biggest surprise in the league behind Adena. Seemed like folks, including myself to be honest, were picking them fourth or fifth and they've had a nice season in the conference. They've went toe-to-toe with Westfall twice with two pretty good games. It'll be interesting to see what they do in the tournament. Then we obviously have WF and the U.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

BudLytle wrote:X... As handsome as you are and with your gentlemanly nature, I will never believe that you got left standing at your senior prom... it has always been my opinion that Mrs. X got a catch when she found you!

You are too kind Bud,
The X was a late bloomer
It felt like Phill Collins was singing "One More Night"
About the X that May night in the late 80's.
It was a few years later that I snook behind enemy lines
And stole the better half from the Warrior Nation.
That Frankfort/Frenchtown cross has been a good one,
Many Frankfort faithful felt little x should have been in the two shades of blue by blood rights, WRONG! We bleed Purple in this house.
Sorry I digress..............

Back to softball
You know how I feel about Alayna,
So many things for you to be proud of there my friend.

I agree Dunn has been a special one to watch.

It made me sick when I got the news on Morgan Geno.
The impact she has had on many young softball players will be felt for years to come in the SVC. A true role model for all the colors of the SVC.

The injury to Newland was not as big of a shocker as Morgans.
I seen her in a walking boot during Basketball season.
I give her all the credit in the world for making what she could of it this year.
She will be back, stronger, faster and in command of her pitches next season.

Bman:
I'm sure the Mustangs are much deeper then the four I listed
I can only go off what I see of them twice a year and the heroics from last years State Title run. Who ever gets it from Westfall will be deserving.
I liken you to the one true King of Westeros, Stannis. And hope you do not find offense in my statement about Westfall.

I don't do this very often but here you go the X' all league picks
1st string : Westfall's starting 9. The X only makes these kind of claims for teams who go undefeated in league play.

2nd String
Geno - Zane Trace
Lytle- Huntington
Depugh - Huntington
Dunn - Piketon
Blevins - The U
Wright- The U
Ward - The U
Newland - PV
Carroll- Adena

POY- Who ever from Westfall, we all have our personal favorites

That's my list
If you don't like it
You are entitled to your own opinion.

X

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Xtoxxviii wrote:
BudLytle wrote:X... As handsome as you are and with your gentlemanly nature, I will never believe that you got left standing at your senior prom... it has always been my opinion that Mrs. X got a catch when she found you!

You are too kind Bud,
The X was a late bloomer
It felt like Phill Collins was singing "One More Night"
About the X that May night in the late 80's.
It was a few years later that I snook behind enemy lines
And stole the better half from the Warrior Nation.
That Frankfort/Frenchtown cross has been a good one,
Many Frankfort faithful felt little x should have been in the two shades of blue by blood rights, WRONG! We bleed Purple in this house.
Sorry I digress..............

Back to softball
You know how I feel about Alayna,
So many things for you to be proud of there my friend.

I agree Dunn has been a special one to watch.

It made me sick when I got the news on Morgan Geno.
The impact she has had on many young softball players will be felt for years to come in the SVC. A true role model for all the colors of the SVC.

The injury to Newland was not as big of a shocker as Morgans.
I seen her in a walking boot during Basketball season.
I give her all the credit in the world for making what she could of it this year.
She will be back, stronger, faster and in command of her pitches next season.

Bman:
I'm sure the Mustangs are much deeper then the four I listed
I can only go off what I see of them twice a year and the heroics from last years State Title run. Who ever gets it from Westfall will be deserving.
I liken you to the one true King of Westeros, Stannis. And hope you do not find offense in my statement about Westfall.

I don't do this very often but here you go the X' all league picks
1st string : Westfall's starting 9. The X only makes these kind of claims for teams who go undefeated in league play.

2nd String
Geno - Zane Trace
Lytle- Huntington
Depugh - Huntington
Dunn - Piketon
Blevins - The U
Wright- The U
Ward - The U
Newland - PV
Carroll- Adena

POY- Who ever from Westfall, we all have our personal favorites

That's my list
If you don't like it
You are entitled to your own opinion.

X
X, I was agreeing with your previous post (maybe I wasn't clear enough). Westfall has three or four kids, like you said, that one could argue for player of the year, so it'll be interesting to see the way the coaches go. Appreciate all your posts on SVC softball.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congratulations to Huntington's Alayna Lytle on recording her 1,000th career strikeout last night against Chillicothe.

Return to “Softball”