West vs. Zane Trace

Buckeye24
Varsity

West vs. Zane Trace

Post by Buckeye24 »

Didn't see a scores thread, so I decided to post this.

Zane Trace won 3-1. West was up 1-0 going into the 6th, but the field umpire made a few questionable calls that turned the tide of the game. Two runners were called safe on plays they appeared to be thrown out with ease, and both ultimately scored.

Disappointing end of the season for West as they just came off of a season in which they reached the regional semi-final.
Last edited by Buckeye24 on Fri May 17, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Re: West vs. Zane Trace

Post by Buckeye24 »

I feel like I'm always on here complaining about umpires, but the umpire missed three routine calls that turned a 1-0 lead into a 3-1 deficit. I really hate it for West's girls because they went out there and really performed well. I understand that umpires miss calls, but this is now 3 games this season that West has lost because of an umpire. :|

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

really.......

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

then what wrote:really.......
Sorry, it's just frustrating seeing your team's season end because of an umpire botching what should be routine calls.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Umps rarely cost a season to any team anywhere. If the team is dominate, it would not be happening. On the other hand, it is frustrating when it seems to decide a game, and that happens plenty. Just got to be that much better than the other team in the first place. That way, no excuses.

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

Yep if it wasn't for them dad gum umpires all the teams would be undefeated right now.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

No excuses, too many errors. Just slipped alittle, and couldn't regain our footing. Great group of ladies.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

reliob wrote:Yep if it wasn't for them dad gum umpires all the teams would be undefeated right now.

Thanks for those wise words Big Fella...

Return to “Softball”