Top Players in the SE District 2015

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Top Players in the SE District 2015

Post by ManitouDan »

Just a official scorer type question but you cant be credited with both a win and a save in the same can you ? Glad she is doing Ohio proud .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Kroeter wrote:Oh....it happens. The amount of time involved can wear on you over years. It gets to be a lot.

I heard during the season this past year that Licking Valley's pitcher (committed to Louisville) wasn't going to play. Might just be hard to get excited when you've won a state championship.
Ironman92
SEOP LEG

Licking Valley's Shelby McCombs graduated from HS this past January, 5 Months early. She reported to Louisville in time to make their Feb trip to Vegas. She got the ball opening day and got the Win AND the Save, yes....the Win AND the Save. She is currently 4-1 on the mound and having a stellar Frosh year so far for the Lady Cards, even though it is a year early. Great HS Career and looks like her college career is starting the same way
Thanks! Great info and glad to hear she is continuing her stellar performances

And yes.....I'm still VERY bitter. Horse Crap

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ManitouDan wrote:Just a official scorer type question but you cant be credited with both a win and a save in the same can you ? Glad she is doing Ohio proud .

I guess if in a 7 inn game one pitcher pitched the first 2 innings and had say a 4-1 lead and then another pitcher came on and pitched the last 5 and never at any point surrendered the lead. Maybe a situation similar to that?

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

Ironman92 wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:Just a official scorer type question but you cant be credited with both a win and a save in the same can you ? Glad she is doing Ohio proud .

I guess if in a 7 inn game one pitcher pitched the first 2 innings and had say a 4-1 lead and then another pitcher came on and pitched the last 5 and never at any point surrendered the lead. Maybe a situation similar to that?
14.29.6.1.3 NCAA Stat Rule, there is a NOTE marked in this rule that says a pitcher can not get the win and a save both in the same game.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Box score only gives her credit for the W.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Between the Lines wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

14.29.6.1.3 NCAA Stat Rule, there is a NOTE marked in this rule that says a pitcher can not get the win and a save both in the same game.
That is the way it should be...I was just trying to come up with a way.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

fbnut wrote:
Box score only gives her credit for the W.
Still awesome she has 4 wins for a D1 school before everyone else finishes high school.

We saw phenomenal pitching that season and I wasn't completely wow'd like I should've been as we were so caught up in the intensity of that game.....then watching her live on STO in the state championships I was wow'd watching someone who looked like the major collegiate stars pitching on ESPN. Pretty darn proud my daughter had 3 at bats and never made an out and even had an 11 or 12 pitch AB that resulted in a walk.

I'll have to start checking box scores and keeping track of her.

Kroeter
Riding the Bench

Post by Kroeter »

Offical or not she won the game as the starter. left the game with a 6-2 lead. She was brought back in with the base loaded in the bottom of the 7th in a 6-4 game and their 4 hitter up. She got a 1-2-3 Double play and a groundout to end.

In "MY" book that is a Win and a Save!!! Offical or not.

Ball did bounce our way in 2013. Came up a little short in 2014. 9 returners back for 2015.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Like I said , really happy she is doing Ohio and UL good . I've watched her since her 14u year when she joined Steve Gambone's Laser Gold to win Ohio's first ASA national championship . I believe she threw the final if my memory is correct . My kids team was a year older than that Laser Gold team but we had some great battles with them .

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

Alexander has a nice 1-2 punch with Meeks & Howery Pitcher/Catcher 3-4 hitters

sportsgal
Waterboy

Post by sportsgal »

Wheelersburg has some solid sophomores. Faith Howard (pitcher, pretty good bat) and Kalle Coleman (2b, lead-off batter, great base runner) Both girls being recruited by Division 1 programs.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Great to here another couple players getting looks for Burg . Howard has had a great year .

Hardball
Waterboy

Post by Hardball »

Howard is the real deal at Burg. Not too overpowering (upper 50's), but has great command and movement. That change up is devastating. She can deal it.

Coleman is very good too. Speed kills. Burg will be good for a long long time.

The Payne kid at Symmes Valley is very good. (junior)

The Rawlins kid from South Point is having a good year. (junior)

The Klaiber kid at Ironton can swing the stick too. (sophomore)

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Yeah Burg's Jr high is LOADED , Deep too, not just 2-3 or 5 solid players , lots of them . They will win the SOC for years to come .

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Meeks, Howery, Milum,the list goes on at Alex they got a lot of good players, will have a good team next few years I'd say JV looks real good aswell.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Meeks and Sosby with insane seasons

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

After seeing 3 of the top ranked this year in SEO. Unless the times that I was able to watch them was just their off game night. Freeman from Logan might be the best of the 4. I think her pitch placement might be the best of anyone in the SEO.....

I've seen alot of kids get signed by D1 schools, but that doesn't mean your going to play once you get there.

dawg catcher
Waterboy

Post by dawg catcher »

DI's do not sign kids (especially if they are giving them any money) to not play... just because the common fan doesn't see what THEY EXPECT from a kid going DI doesn't mean the skill set is not there. If we all knew what they were looking for then I guess that would make us all DI coaches earning a living coaching softball! I don't see any of us in that role so maybe we should just support the local young ladies that have been afforded this opportunity instead of questioning what makes them that caliber talent. I get tired of all the ANONYMOUS ADULT negative comments about these kids and the questions of why this kid is going there! There is a real simple answer... BECAUSE THE COACH RUNNING THAT PROGRAM BELIEVES THAT YOUNG LADY WILL HELP THEIR PROGRAM BE MORE SUCCESSFUL!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Meeks 21-1 with 11 hr? Lol

Sosby 4 perfect games and 5 no-hitters

96spartan
Freshman Team

Post by 96spartan »

Ironman92...Meeks is only 21-0 w/ 11 HR ;) ... She did not pitch against Burg ( only loss)..

Return to “Softball”