SOC 1 --who is the Fav ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

SOC 1 --who is the Fav ?

Post by ManitouDan »

SV always has a strong team. Clay is the defending champ , or co-champ ? Clay gets a great pitcher eligible this season. ND returns solid pitching. Anyone know much about Eastern or Western in softball ? Green ? Does SV return any of their pitching staff ? Did'nt they lose a lot of SR's from last season's team ? MD

renegade
Waterboy

Re: SOC 1 --who is the Fav ?

Post by renegade »

Adding transfer's Harr and Phillips and possibly the best freshman besides Koch with Stevenson, ND wins Soc for the 1st Time, hands down. Symmes Valley, East, and Clay finish out the top four.

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Clay panthers will beg to differ

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

SV lost four seniors on the infield. They lost Morris during
Basketball season, she was also on the infield. That leaves one remaining starter in the infield and two starters from the outfield.
However u can bet odie will have his girls ready.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

There is no "hands down" favorite in my book. Harr, Phillips , and Stevenson are full of the worst word in the English language -- "Potential" it means you have'nt done anything yet . Me thinks Renegade is trying to stir the pot LOL . MD
Last edited by ManitouDan on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

OSU -- does SV return any pitcher's ? and did the Morris girl get hurt in basketball ? So SV returns 3 starter's ? I know they beat ND at least once if not twice last season --any idea if the scores were close ? thanks sorry for all the questions. MD

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

We have three pitchers one junior and two freshman.
Morris went out in January with a torn acl, meniscus, mcl.
Had surgery and is in therapy. She more than likely will miss her senior year as the starting short stop. Score was closer when we played at ND. Yes three starters returning. Plus we have several girls from the senior league team that went to the regionals last year.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ND returns everyone except for shupert the catcher and hannah at 3rd. They add a few freshman . Phillips is the fastest girl in the county. period. Harr will anchor 3rd and pitch . Stevenson moves in behind the plate. All three claim to know how to hit . JK . all 3 have played summer travel ball for years. Pauley returns in the circle. Arnzen,Marting ,Binns , Morgan, Kayser and White are also returning players/starters. Countin' down the days . MD

Ballgame
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballgame »

Outside the top teams in the league, what will the other teams in the league look like? I know that New Boston has 13-14 girls out this year, which is more than they have had in the past few years. Not saying that will lead to a championship but should look to get a few wins this year.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

I dont know but Clay should def. be the favorite going 23-8 and 12-2. Plus they were Regional Runner-up. They only lost one Senior, Tori Osborne who was a heck of a hitter but I'm sure Hempill will make up for her. I'm going with Clay winning the SOC.

Big Red
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Red »

Clay has a fine program! They have quality coaches and players, and there the champs till someone steps up to prove different.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

halftime wrote:I dont know but Clay should def. be the favorite going 23-8 and 12-2. Plus they were Regional Runner-up. They only lost one Senior, Tori Osborne who was a heck of a hitter but I'm sure Hempill will make up for her. I'm going with Clay winning the SOC.
Did'nt realize they had such a strong overall record. Only lose 1 player from that type season and add J Jenkins don't see why they should'nt win it again. MD

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

Symmes Valley are the defending champs, Clay finished 2nd.
It's going to be tough to predict this year.
Clay vs ND, flip a coin.
They both have 2 top notch pitcher's, good hitting, defense, and good coaching. Different color uniforms probably the only difference.
Now with that being said, Symmes Valley will probably defeat both of them, never count out "Odie".
Alway's reloading, never rebuilding!!!
Any 3 of these teams I think can win the SOC 1.
Also can't rule out the wildcard in the whole thing, East.
Adam has them moving in the right direction.

Good Luck to all SOC teams
Hope all player's stay injury free

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

ManitouDan wrote:
halftime wrote:I dont know but Clay should def. be the favorite going 23-8 and 12-2. Plus they were Regional Runner-up. They only lost one Senior, Tori Osborne who was a heck of a hitter but I'm sure Hempill will make up for her. I'm going with Clay winning the SOC.
Did'nt realize they had such a strong overall record. Only lose 1 player from that type season and add J Jenkins don't see why they should'nt win it again. MD
Yes, they have Jordan Jenkins and Lyndsey Mader in the circle and they have Marissa Messer at short who is a really good hitter, also Holly Hempill at third who is just a bomber she can hit the ball great. But I'm not counting ND out because no one expected them to make it in the District Finals in basketball so anything can happen.

Texas Pete
Waterboy

Post by Texas Pete »

Notre Dame is my pick to win SOC.

re
Waterboy

Post by re »

MD. Phillips is the fastest girl in the county Period....Has she ran track ? has she ran the Burg and valley girls ? not only softball people read this...

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I think MD is referring to the girl being fastest in softball. He wasn't comparing her to track girls.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I don't know every track sprinter out there , she is extremely fast. Can't remember her lowest 100 or 110 time but it's very good. would love to know how she ranks , she is only a freshman so she hasn't competed in HS track yet. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

just guessing here but I think she runs around a 13.1 or 13.2 which would put her top 5 as a freshman.

Bevis
Waterboy

Post by Bevis »

She ran track for Portsmouth in jr high. Has ran against Valley. I believe the Coriell girl was in 8th when she was in 7th & those were always close races. Hasn't faced the Burg girls yet. I know they are awesome.

Return to “Softball”