River Valley needs coach

hound dog
Waterboy

River Valley needs coach

Post by hound dog »

The position for Varsity softball coach has been posted. Anyone interested needs to send a letter of interest to Principal Halley ASAP.
Looks like they will have enough for JV and V this year they just need a coach. If they keep the same one as last year they won't stand a chance.

osumufan
SE

Re: River Valley needs coach

Post by osumufan »

Glad to hear of the JV and Varsity I think Sp too will have enough for JV as well at least last year they did they cut some and still had enough but we didnt' see too many gamesdue to lack of coach wanting to schedule games. Games were there to be found but he just wanted to stress the varsity seeing how it was his last year. I guess that was his choice. I hope the new coach tries to build for the future and lets us have a full JV schedule. Kids want to play win or lose let them!

Good luck in your coach search!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Please get your info right before opening thou mouth..........We have never had a JV schedule with softball..........We have had a few JV games scheduled but never more than 4 or 5 per year, including last year when we played a couple......... Several reasons, none of which included me not wanting to schedule them, because I have.......1.We do not have a JV coach like Baseball..........2.There are very few teams that have a JV squad...3. Very few schools have access to lights.........Teams like to say they have a JV team, and in reality, they do not.....If I'm not mistaken, the OVC schools except maybe RH only had 12-15 total girls out..........Since you say there are JV teams out there, why not volunteer your time and schedule those for Tara.........I hope to see the new JV schedule to go and watch 18 JV games, but I won't hold my breath.......... :12224
Last edited by abuck76 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

River Valleys team last year was coached by a guy that knew what he was doing.........A great guy and a good coach..RV would be lucky to get him back......He put together a nice team, and didn't put up with any attitude............You want RV to be competitive in the OVC, ya better hire the guy back.......... :12224

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

no, ches. and fairland only had I believe about 11 and 12 girls total...............we had 18, enough to have a JV but could not find anyone , other than wayne to play..........Did not want to cut, because you never can tell who may develop through practice..........I played the JV against St. Joe and a couple of others. Again we do not have JV coach to travel with a team................And the RV coach they had last year, given the chance WILL make RV competitive again, and you can take that to the bank.......He gave us fits last year in both games..I know he played Ches. and Fair. tough too, ........ :12224

hound dog
Waterboy

Post by hound dog »

The RV coach last year SUCKS, an example of common sense tells you when your down 2 with 2 outs in the top of 7th and have runners on 1st and 2nd, neither with the ability to slide, which is teachable by A coach, and a count of 3 and 1 you have your batter look for her pitch. But you don't have your COACH send the runner to third to get thrown out and end the game. It wasn't the winning run so leave them there. This is only one example of his lack of coaching. RV needs a coach someone the girls can respect. I promise you they had no respect for him last year at all. He had no control over those girls and that was obvious. And before anyone tells me to take the team I have one.

Raidered Up
Waterboy

Post by Raidered Up »

I think the waterboy needs a little watering himself. Last years' coaches excelled at teaching the Lady Raiders about true sportsmanship and teamwork. These coaches truly understand the game and the importance of fundamentals. RV Lady Raiders will be lucky to get them back for another season!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

amen............ :12224

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

as far as Chesapeake and Fairland neither had a JV last year, year before last or the year before that for the Peake.
Don't know what the problem is in RV but hope for the girls sakes that it gets taken care of.

Cheshirecat
Waterboy

Post by Cheshirecat »

:evil:
Hope RV geta a new Softball coach- We saw last years coach coaching a summer ball JR girls team He lost the game big time. I know he also likes to stop games and argue with umps about rules. Well I mean he is nice but I want a coach who knows how coach softball and win games. Nice guy but not coach material mabey he will stick with summer ball instead this year!

brownsfreak
Waterboy

Post by brownsfreak »

so i want to know if this spot has been filed yet, ive been looking for a good job, i herd last years coach paid players and had girls on the field who didnt belong, i know for a fact being a softball player since the age of 5 how to coach, play and officiate the game, and i promise not the pay players or argue over rules, so if anyone has any info on this position please leave me a message!

mangywulf
Waterboy

Post by mangywulf »

What makes you think 2 years experience teaches you everything about softball? [After reading your post Im guessing your 7]

brownsfreak
Waterboy

Post by brownsfreak »

well thats funny u say that, i believe playing softball at the college level must not count either huh, darn i new i was dealing with a bunch of hipocrits, they told me that gallia countys schools where a joke, i believe them now, you guys wouldnt know a good coach if it hit you in the face, sorry i offered, ill go back to ZONA and coach there, bring up real softball players!

Return to “Softball”