Washington Court House Baseball

MatthewG1
Waterboy

Washington Court House Baseball

Post by MatthewG1 »

Washington Court House Baseball has made the Div II State Final 4 and are 1 game away from their first State Championship appearance since 2000! The Blue Lions mercy ruled Cambridge in the Regional Championship by a score of 10 - 0 and got a no hitter also in that game. So far this season the have 13 shut outs through 28 games and go into the State Semi Final with a record of 27 - 1 and have won 26 in a row The Blue Lions are also ranked 5th in Div II in the State of Ohio. The Blue Lions are battle tested and have our scored their opponents 204 - 41. On June 9th at 1 pm in Akron they face Ontario High school from Mansfield for a berth in the State Championship. This is Ontario’s first Final 4 appearance since 1994 and recently upset #4 Defiance in the Regional Championship winning by a score of 7 - 3. They go into the State Final 4 with a record of 16 - 14. This should be a good game and I’m excited to see the outcome!

Bozo
S

Re: Washington Court House Baseball

Post by Bozo »

Washington Court has been a solid team for about three years now. Basically the same kids. They knocked the door down this year and got to the Final 4. With Badin and Defiance both being upset, they could win it all. Not a great offense, but great pitching. Very experienced team.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Bozo wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:36 pm Washington Court has been a solid team for about three years now. Basically the same kids. They knocked the door down this year and got to the Final 4. With Badin and Defiance both being upset, they could win it all. Not a great offense, but great pitching. Very experienced team.
I see a Chaminade vs Wch final. My opinion-all depends on if Lotz can pitch this week.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

jose wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:03 pm
Bozo wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:36 pm Washington Court has been a solid team for about three years now. Basically the same kids. They knocked the door down this year and got to the Final 4. With Badin and Defiance both being upset, they could win it all. Not a great offense, but great pitching. Very experienced team.
I see a Chaminade vs Wch final. My opinion-all depends on if Lotz can pitch this week.
Lotz will not be pitching in either game (if they win the first). He will be playing, but pitching will not be an option.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Best of luck to the Blue Lions today!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

The Blue Lions lost 2-1.

JoeyD
Waterboy

Post by JoeyD »

What a great program thru the years. Produced many pro and college players. Plus great HS players also.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

Coach Schwartz has resigned. Washington will be looking for a head coach. Rumor mill is JV coach Trevor Mustain could be the one to fill the void. Have heard a few other names of guys who may apply.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

go court house wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:47 pm Coach Schwartz has resigned. Washington will be looking for a head coach. Rumor mill is JV coach Trevor Mustain could be the one to fill the void. Have heard a few other names of guys who may apply.
Heard of a couple interesting names. What names have you heard?

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

jose wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:59 pm
go court house wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:47 pm Coach Schwartz has resigned. Washington will be looking for a head coach. Rumor mill is JV coach Trevor Mustain could be the one to fill the void. Have heard a few other names of guys who may apply.
I have heard Buff Mustain (Varsity Assistant)

JT Bunch (Middle School Coach)
Matt Williams (Middle School Coach)
Brian Yeazel (Varsity Assistant)
Heard there were some outsiders as well but no names

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

go court house wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:17 am
jose wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:59 pm
I have heard Buff Mustain (Varsity Assistant)

JT Bunch (Middle School Coach)
Matt Williams (Middle School Coach)
Brian Yeazel (Varsity Assistant)
Heard there were some outsiders as well but no names
Yeazel has said he does not want to coach
Mustain's son would be a logical candidate

Other coaches you listed probably have a zero chance

Sounds like Runk is interested As far as a coach who is a teacher being this late in the summer-would be difficult to get a experienced hire

BR12
Waterboy

Post by BR12 »

My source tells me Runk is not interested.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

Any news on the coach search?

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

mt1fan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:53 am Any news on the coach search?
I know that they have went through the interview process but they have not announced anything.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

Brian Yeazel will be recommended to the BOE as the next Varsity Baseball coach

Return to “Baseball”