Valley / NC

formerfcfan
SEOP

Valley / NC

Post by formerfcfan »

NC giving Valley trouble early.

NC 4
Valley 0

b2; NC strings a 4-run rally on two outs in the first inning.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Valley / NC

Post by formerfcfan »

b3, score holds

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

t5 score holds

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

NC 5
Valley 0

b6 Nickel on the hill, now.
Last edited by formerfcfan on Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Dang. Come on boys.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

NC did all their damage in the Bottom of 1. 4 runs with 2 outs.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

6-0 NC; Valley’s last stand. T7

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Valley tallies a run on the 20th out.

6-1, NC; fin. Great season to Valley. Hats off to Arnett.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

NC 6
Valley 1

Final

Indians return a ton and should be right back here next year. Congrats on a great season Indians!

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

coop wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:28 pm NC 6
Valley 1

Final

Indians return a ton and should be right back here next year. Congrats on a great season Indians!
Great season, great team, great players, great coach... But it’s looking like they will have to make postseason noise in Division 3 next year if the numbers hold. Either way, they have the horses to make a run no matter the scenario. Some (maybe most) years D3 is an easier route when it comes to dealing with a good Newark Cath, Hiland, and Toronto in D4…

Congrats once again to the Valley Indians

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bunt pirate wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:48 pm
Valley 1

Final

Great season, great team, great players, great coach... But it’s looking like they will have to make postseason noise in Division 3 next year if the numbers hold. Either way, they have the horses to make a run no matter the scenario. Some (maybe most) years D3 is an easier route when it comes to dealing with a good Newark Cath, Hiland, and Toronto in D4…

Solid observation. D3 can be typically more hollow of the perennial programs that are the caliber you mention. This year it would've been dice anyways because there's an early round draft choice throwing, but other than Fredericktown (who went the other route) there aren't really any consistently difficult programs coming out of the Central. On the East District side it's sort of the same thing.

My only thought on this game is it may have been wiser to throw Nickel. Hindsight is 20/20 after all -- you don't know coming in what the zone is going to be. Arnett can deal but that zone worked against what he can do really well and NC is too talented as a hitting team (as well as too ferocious) to get too junky & nibblin'. Hard situation for any kid: he left it all out on the line and the score doesn't indicate how gutsy*respectable his performance was.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Congratulations Valley on a great season. Lots of talent back and good coaching next year also.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:54 pm
Valley 1

Final

Solid observation. D3 can be typically more hollow of the perennial programs that are the caliber you mention. This year it would've been dice anyways because there's an early round draft choice throwing, but other than Fredericktown (who went the other route) there aren't really any consistently difficult programs coming out of the Central. On the East District side it's sort of the same thing.

My only thought on this game is it may have been wiser to throw Nickel. Hindsight is 20/20 after all -- you don't know coming in what the zone is going to be. Arnett can deal but that zone worked against what he can do really well and NC is too talented as a hitting team (as well as too ferocious) to get too junky & nibblin'. Hard situation for any kid: he left it all out on the line and the score doesn't indicate how gutsy*respectable his performance was.
Agreed…if he gets outta that 1st inning with less damage (maybe a run, or none) I think you see a different ballgame. NC may have still won, don’t get me wrong solid team that does everything well, but I think when a team gets down 4-0 after 1 it’s just high school DNA to start pressing so-to-speak even with your coaches telling you to remain calm, pick your spots, etc….you’re thinking “gotta get these back asap” type thoughts.

Arnett settled down and got after it and didn’t give up. I think Valley returns 7 or 8 starters and their top 3 pitchers…look for them to be very good and make noise whether that be D3 or D4 next year…this loss with simmer through the offseason, and they’ll be ready to play next spring.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congratulation to Valley on having another fine season.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley 1

Final

I agree.

I feel like getting out of the district is easier in D4 (not having to deal with Minford, Wheelersburg, Fairland and such) but the regional is weaker.

I know LU has a stud this year, but year in and year out, the D4 regional with Hiland, NC, and the like is a bear.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

It's always tough for the D4 teams to get past NC and/or Hiland.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:23 am
Valley 1

Final

I agree.

I feel like getting out of the district is easier in D4 (not having to deal with Minford, Wheelersburg, Fairland and such) but the regional is weaker.

I know LU has a stud this year, but year in and year out, the D4 regional with Hiland, NC, and the like is a bear.
Exactly… A lot of good replies on this.

Just looking back at some of the Southeast D4 regional teams over the last 20 years or so… A lot of them never got recognized for how good they truly were because they had to face the far & away best D4 team in the state during the sweet 16 round. That has happened more than a few times to Southeast teams. If memory serves me right, Racine Southern had a heck of a run and darn near considered a dynasty for many years but couldn’t ever get passed those perennial d4 powers in the regional round.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Newark Catholic defeated Berlin Hiland 3-2 to win the region.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Valley Indians on an outstanding season.

Return to “Baseball”