D3 Tournament Thread

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: D3 Tournament Thread

Post by biggdowgg »

Sounds like someone made up some bulletin board material, I doubt any burg coach or any other coach would say anything like that .

Congrats to Meigs, sounds like you have a great team

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:49 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm One of the Wheelersburg coaches said “ You guys don’t deserve to be here” in reference to meigs, then proceeded to get beat by 8 runs. Seems he better start watching what he says to people/teams that he doesn’t know anything about
That doesn’t sound like Wheelersburg
Well it happened the assistant coach from meigs was pissed about it

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

transplant wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:10 pm Congrats meigs. More than just stewart in this one it sounds like. How did he do on the mound?
Wheelersburg hit him well but he just let his fielders work and they had his back, I’ll get stats later

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Stewart was sitting 81-84, topped out at 86. Good breaking stuff and worked both sides of the zone well. Good pitcher.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:06 pm
transplant wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:10 pm Congrats meigs. More than just stewart in this one it sounds like. How did he do on the mound?
Wheelersburg hit him well but he just let his fielders work and they had his back, I’ll get stats later
Ok thanks!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:04 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:49 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm One of the Wheelersburg coaches said “ You guys don’t deserve to be here” in reference to meigs, then proceeded to get beat by 8 runs. Seems he better start watching what he says to people/teams that he doesn’t know anything about
That doesn’t sound like Wheelersburg
Well it happened the assistant coach from meigs was pissed about it
Not a typical Wheelersburg behavior. Seems like a really silly thing to say. I’ll take your word, but it is hard to believe. Zero positive benefits about saying something like that.

Good win

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

One of the top programs in SEO for decades would have known plenty about the Meigs team. I'm not sure who is spreading the rumor but I'd question the authenticity of the comment. I'd have to hear the comment directly to believe it.

Best wishes going forward, Meigs.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

FIDO wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:44 pm One of the top programs in SEO for decades would have known plenty about the Meigs team. I'm not sure who is spreading the rumor but I'd question the authenticity of the comment. I'd have to hear the comment directly to believe it.

Best wishes going forward, Meigs.
Coming from meigs assistant coach i can believe it but regardless if it happened or not, wheelersburg put up a fight and made stewart throw alot of pitches.

Meigs was just firing on all cylinders and they are tough to beat when that’s the case

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Stewart gave up 7 hits, 2 runs with 3 walks and 3 strikeouts, he definitely wasn’t at his best sitting at 84 mph but wheelersburg hit him well, meigs defense helped him alot tonight

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I watched him throw the first three innings. Mostly lower 80s, but the curveball is tight. He threw a couple nice changeups.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

petesweaty wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:56 pm I watched him throw the first three innings. Mostly lower 80s, but the curveball is tight. He threw a couple nice changeups.
In all honesty He was having a rough day compared to usual, he kept saying his didn’t hurt but felt weak, he was basically lobbing the ball in the last inning, he refused to come out of that game

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm One of the Wheelersburg coaches said “ You guys don’t deserve to be here” in reference to meigs to a meigs assistant coach, then proceeded to get beat by 8 runs. Seems he better start watching what he says to people/teams that he doesn’t know anything about
I don’t believe that

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

JTEK wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:12 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm One of the Wheelersburg coaches said “ You guys don’t deserve to be here” in reference to meigs to a meigs assistant coach, then proceeded to get beat by 8 runs. Seems he better start watching what he says to people/teams that he doesn’t know anything about
I don’t believe that
Believe what you want but that’s what I was told from one of the player’s parents

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:25 pm
JTEK wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:12 pm
I don’t believe that
Believe what you want but that’s what I was told from one of the player’s parents
I don't believe it either! Congrats Meigs, enjoy the victory and Good Luck!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairland 7, Portsmouth 0

Fairland’s pitcher threw very well, only allowing 2 hits. The Dragons only had 1 RBI for their 7 runs due to wildness and fielding mistakes by the Trojans.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:35 pm Fairland 7, Portsmouth 0

Fairland’s pitcher threw very well, only allowing 2 hits. The Dragons only had 1 RBI for their 7 runs due to wildness and fielding mistakes by the Trojans.
Who did fairland throw?

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Sounds fabricated

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Yeah, I calling bs on that one. Sounds like a made-up story from a coach used to fire his team up.

Regardless, congrats to Burg on a solid season and SOC II championship while having only 3 upperclassmen on their entire roster. Good luck to Meigs going forward.*

OVC Champ
Waterboy

Post by OVC Champ »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:39 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:35 pm Fairland 7, Portsmouth 0

Who did fairland throw?
Tyler Sammons

Backerpitch70
Waterboy

Post by Backerpitch70 »

Portsmouth did not look like a three seed at all.

Return to “Baseball”